IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

Was interesting to see the walk around everybody looked relatively happy. Can see  a big turnaround of players leaving. Baines,jags,McCarthy, Sandro,Williams, Cuco,garbutt, Galloway, tanashij, Tosun and hopefully Walcott. Get Henry back 🤞🏻Vlasic, holgate and robinson. Sign Gomes and Zouma and a striker and right back. Send a few of the under 23s out on loan and we will be in decent shape 

Main problem is finding someone willing to take those players. Some will leave but someone like Sandro could be hard to sell. Has been poor for two seasons and has a big wage. So another loan might be on the cards.

Williams's contract runs out and Cuco and Bolasie look like they have found their level. Whether they are willing to accept a smaller wage is another matter. McCarthy is someone who still might have some value so might move to a bottom-of-the-table team or one of the better teams in the Championship.

Tosun and Walcott are probably high on Brands's "must get rid" list, but could prove a hard sell, too, unless they take a big wage cut.

Forgot about bolasie, I agree though Sandro has done nothing anywhere to suggest clubs will pay a fee for him. Bolasie will be on good wages aswell and the teams coming up won’t be paying huge wages like wolves and Fulham from last season. Walcott hopefully might go to someone like Bournemouth? I think palace were interested in Tosun a while back maybe they might again? Forgot about niasse aswell 🤦🏿‍♂️

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Completely off at a tangent here but I don't get why TV companies have gone back to using hand held mikes instead of radio ones clipped to a lapel or simply hung round the neck, seems a retrograde step. Feel like I should know the answer as an ex sound engineer, must investigate.

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Completely off at a tangent here but I don't get why TV companies have gone back to using hand held mikes instead of radio ones clipped to a lapel or simply hung round the neck, seems a retrograde step. Feel like I should know the answer as an ex sound engineer, must investigate.

It has to be all for looks. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don’t get why they didn’t use the studio, doing it all pitchside instead. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Copying BT. It's been a while since Sky have come up with their own way of doing things.

I always thought BT only did that because they didn’t have a studio in a lot of stadiums. I’ve not got a clue really. 

Just now, StevO said:

I always thought BT only did that because they didn’t have a studio in a lot of stadiums. I’ve not got a clue really. 

That may be the case, I have no idea, but Sky have copied it because it went down well - the more casual approach to it all.

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That may be the case, I have no idea, but Sky have copied it because it went down well - the more casual approach to it all.

I hope they don’t start copying BBC’s casual approach too, all sat around like mates with their collars open, and generally being shit like Murphy and Jenas. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I don't think any TV station "owns" a studio at any ground do they? Surely the club have the media facilities and the broadcaster of the day has the use of them (or not, as the case may be).

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

I don't think any TV station "owns" a studio at any ground do they? Surely the club have the media facilities and the broadcaster of the day has the use of them (or not, as the case may be).

Yeah they will be club facilities, but Sky will surely set up camp in one of our two studios for the season? Would make sense as they will use it more than any other. I would think they could empty it out and refit every time there is a game, but then the studios will be different sizes at each ground. And then most of sky’s studio is green screen anyway, so fuck knows. Just paint them all green and leave it to whoever turns up.

Now days the broadcaster of the actual match (in the league anyway) will always be Premier League TV won’t it? With Sky or BT just adding in their own bits either side of the PLTV broadcast. I’m pretty sure they control it all anyway, but that might have changed a bit since I last read up on it. 

49 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yeah they will be club facilities, but Sky will surely set up camp in one of our two studios for the season? Would make sense as they will use it more than any other. I would think they could empty it out and refit every time there is a game, but then the studios will be different sizes at each ground. And then most of sky’s studio is green screen anyway, so fuck knows. Just paint them all green and leave it to whoever turns up.

Now days the broadcaster of the actual match (in the league anyway) will always be Premier League TV won’t it? With Sky or BT just adding in their own bits either side of the PLTV broadcast. I’m pretty sure they control it all anyway, but that might have changed a bit since I last read up on it. 

You'd be amazed how quickly tech teams can build/decamp studios Ste (imagine having to do the The Grand Tour "tent" for example). I did a fair bit in my time building sets, sound, video etc facilities in hotel conference rooms for one night shows that blew the "audience" away (at that time, low tech by today's standards), then de-rigging and driving to the next venue to set up for the next night; was bloody hard work when we were on tour but I loved it ('specially having an expense account in 4/5 star hotels:P).

I'm sure you're right that they all use the same camera feed though, never heard of PLTV but I'm sure you're right.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

You'd be amazed how quickly tech teams can build/decamp studios Ste (imagine having to do the The Grand Tour "tent" for example). I did a fair bit in my time building sets, sound, video etc facilities in hotel conference rooms for one night shows that blew the "audience" away (at that time, low tech by today's standards), then de-rigging and driving to the next venue to set up for the next night; was bloody hard work when we were on tour but I loved it ('specially having an expense account in 4/5 star hotels:P).

I'm sure you're right that they all use the same camera feed though, never heard of PLTV but I'm sure you're right.

I trust you on that Mike, loved your stories over the years. I’m sure you never see a roadie with little arms. 

From what I remember Premier League TV is the company who sell the broadcasting rights, and control the filming of the matches, so the PL can keep hold of their own product a whole lot more. So wherever you watch in the world you see the same feed.

Heard a really interesting idea from a Simon Jordan about how they could take the feed and broadcast it on the own online network, keep Sky, BT and all the others out of the loop and probably make ten times the money.

All about controlling the money with the PL though. 

47 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m sure you never see a roadie with little arms. 

It was the Bose amplifiers that were the killers, weighed a fooking ton and I (as often the most junior member and the sound guy) who had the "honour" of carrying them. We never had "grunts" to do the heavy stuff for us, whole thing was done by the same guys who'd done the creative stuff in the first place. Many happy memories eg mini bar in a hotel in Leicester, I was experimenting and decided to try vodka and tomato juice and loved it. Told the guys later and they pointed out that the "bloody Mary" had actually been done before, I thought I'd invented it:lol:.

Just now, MikeO said:

It was the Bose amplifiers that were the killers, weighed a fooking ton and I (as often the most junior member and the sound guy) who had the "honour" of carrying them. We never had "grunts" to do the heavy stuff for us, whole thing was done by the same guys who'd done the creative stuff in the first place. Many happy memories eg mini bar in a hotel in Leicester, I was experimenting and decided to try vodka and tomato juice and loved it. Told the guys later and they pointed out that the "bloody Mary" had actually been done before, I thought I'd invented it:lol:.

Haha that’s brilliant Mike! 😂

I’m currently drinking rum with lime and mint, don’t think It’ll catch on. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Ah! That's the Leicester voddie and tomato that you referred to in another post. The truth is out!

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm not sure why so many are confident we are getting Zouma.  He said he wants to play for Chelsea, they have a transfer ban, he would walk into the starting lineup today.  Has he indicated he wants to come here or something? All signs point to him going there and staying there.

Stranger things have happened though mate, he’s gotten back into the France squad and plays alongside Digne. 

Think Onyekuru should get approved this year surely, will negate us having to sign another winger hopefully. Then Striker, Gomes, RB & Zouma. Loan Kenny out Coleman to compete with new RB, Holgate an option at CB and cover RB if we are desperate. If there’s no one in 23’s a promising LB to back up Digne when Baines moves on.

Really hoping we can pull off Gomes and Zouma.  Those two positions are not the easiest to fill in a transfer window.  Just in the EPL: Man U could do with 3 or 4 CBs and Spurs will need midfielders due constant injuries / possible players leaving like Eriksen.  Don't even want to think about back up targets until we know they are not happening (Brands better be though!)