IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

IN: Lossl
OUT: 
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: 
YOUTH: Sebastian Kristensen
YOUTH pro deals: Ryan Astley, Kyle John, Anthony Gordon, Ellis Simms, Joe Anderson, Einar Iversen
CONTRACT EXT: Davies, Foulds, Ouzounidis

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Lavery, Jags, A Williams, Hewelt, JHilton, Charsley, Mathis, Kiersey, Bramall, Renshaw

Out of contract: Baines,  Sambou

Have we bought anyone yet, the squad is looking a bit pairshaped. 

GK: Pickford, Lossl, Stek, Virginia

LB: Digne

LCB: Mina 

RCB: Keane, Holgate 

RB: Coleman, Martina 

DM: Schneiderlin, Besic 

CM: Gana, Davies, McCarthy 

LW: Bernard, Bolasie, Mirallas 

RW: Richarlison, Walcott, Lookman 

AM: Sigurdssen, Vlasic 

ST: DCL, Tosun, Niasse

Without the ones who weren't on the managers plans last season we're down to 14 outfield players. 

GK: Pickford, Lossl, Stek

LB: Digne

LCB: Mina 

RCB: Keane

RB: Coleman

DM: Schneiderlin

CM: Gana, Davies

LW: Bernard, Lookman 

RW: Richarlison, Walcott

AM: Sigurdssen

ST: DCL, Tosun

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm liking it being that way. I don't think it means we're not working, I think it means the opposite.

I don’t imagine you’ll be as understanding in 4 weeks time, but I agree with you at the moment. 

Did think that Gomes would’ve been sorted already, but hoping it’s being delayed due to him being part of a double signing again 

Yesterday on the Kenny thread I asked whether there’s “any chance” Holgate could be backup both at RB and RCH.  Now a couple of posts  on that thread implicitly say “yes, that will happen.”

I hope so.  If we sign Zouma, keep Mina, then I’d think we wouldn’t need to pursue any other CHs this summer.  Right?   Priority should be Gomes, Zouma, and a striker.  Any other essential signings?  If Gana goes and Gomes stays, are we set with Gomes, Schneiderlin, Davies, and McCarthy at DCM and box-to-box mids?

3 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Yesterday on the Kenny thread I asked whether there’s “any chance” Holgate could be backup both at RB and RCH.  Now a couple of posts  on that thread implicitly say “yes, that will happen.”

I hope so.  If we sign Zouma, keep Mina, then I’d think we wouldn’t need to pursue any other CHs this summer.  Right?   Priority should be Gomes, Zouma, and a striker.  Any other essential signings?  If Gana goes and Gomes stays, are we set with Gomes, Schneiderlin, Davies, and McCarthy at DCM and box-to-box mids?

yeah i think its happening.  loan to buy for kenny so he's gone i would say.  holgate is the RB cover and could be the man to take seamus spot.  he was excellent in the championship this last year.

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i think its happening.  loan to buy for kenny so he's gone i would say.  holgate is the RB cover and could be the man to take seamus spot.  he was excellent in the championship this last year.

Where have you seen Kenny is a loan-to-buy? 

I already know how frustratingly last minute this window is going to be, followed by another year of 'the squad needs time to gel' and 'he didnt have a full pre-season with us'. 

I'm happy with Brands, but we need to start acting faster in the market.

No one is doing much though. You’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, as it should be. 

We've also got a manager and players on holidays, Copa America and u20 and u21 tournaments going on. 

First week of July everyone will be back, I’d expect more action then. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

No one is doing much though. You’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes, as it should be. 

We've also got a manager and players on holidays, Copa America and u20 and u21 tournaments going on. 

First week of July everyone will be back, I’d expect more action then. 

Don’t forget the women’s World Cup 😀

22 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

You do realise that Arsenal, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle, Sheffield United, Spurs and Watford haven't made signings either? Ironically, we are one of the teams that have signed a player so far this summer so I'm confused as to how with all of this information at hand predictions are being made about the window being ''last minute'' and criticisms of Brands are coming to the front for not acting fast enough in the market.

No South Americans will be signed as the Copa America is currently underway. It is incredibly unlikely that national teams will allow players to skip training to discuss contracts and transfer fees with domestic clubs which is fully understandable. We've also had the Nations League taking place recently so anyone taking part in that (basically the best players from the top leagues of England, Portugal and the Netherlands) will now be on holiday and thus not available for negotiation. As an example, look at Matthijs De Ligt who is absolutely nailed on to leave Ajax this summer but as of today hasn't moved anywhere. 

If the rumours are true, André Gomes is set to sign within the next few days which will take our signings up to two for the summer - not bad when you consider all of the above. If we are sitting with just two signings come August then by all means throw some criticism at Brands, Moshiri and the rest but at the moment I think it's borderline bonkers to be panicking about our summer business. Take a deep breath!

Its Everton - it will be last minute 😌

Zoo that’s absolutely bang on.

Bit I can understand people’s frustration also, as our usual story is chase targets up until the last day.... then lose them to Spurs. It sometimes feels like we do all the work scouting and finding these players for other teams to grab them.

I know this isn’t the reality, but I understand the frustration.

Just now, Shukes said:

Zoo that’s absolutely bang on.

Bit I can understand people’s frustration also, as our usual story is chase targets up until the last day.... then lose them to Spurs. It sometimes feels like we do all the work scouting and finding these players for other teams to grab them.

I know this isn’t the reality, but I understand the frustration.

But we’re working with a different team, a different time. It’s the uncertainty that’s killing me