IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Away) Saturday August 11th

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Since I'm the one who made the comment, let me respond (with my opinion).

Watching the game live, it was usually obvious who was Schneiderlin. Most of his passes were from side to side or backwards. Yes, he made some forward passes, but not many. His positioning is fair, but his effort is lacking. He should take the blame for Wolves' second goal, for example. Take a look at the replay and see what I mean by blasé attitude. I'm not sure why it is, maybe basic personality, but he never seems to give his all or even care to.

It might be true that this was one of his better games, but that's measuring his performance yesterday against his poor performances in the past. That's not acceptable. He should be measured against what's expected of him, and frankly I expect more.

You're free to disagree with me, of course, but this is not "stereotypical BS". It's what I saw watching the game.

He was told to get the ball out wide so we can make the most of our wide men Silva wants to play with width, and hit Coleman and Baines early or Walcott and Richarlison, he did exactly that time and time again, but you see keeping the ball and getting it out sideways as negative, if you want the long ball down the middle lets get Allardyce back. 

20 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Since I'm the one who made the comment, let me respond (with my opinion).

Watching the game live, it was usually obvious who was Schneiderlin. Most of his passes were from side to side or backwards. Yes, he made some forward passes, but not many. His positioning is fair, but his effort is lacking. He should take the blame for Wolves' second goal, for example. Take a look at the replay and see what I mean by blasé attitude. I'm not sure why it is, maybe basic personality, but he never seems to give his all or even care to.

It might be true that this was one of his better games, but that's measuring his performance yesterday against his poor performances in the past. That's not acceptable. He should be measured against what's expected of him, and frankly I expect more.

You're free to disagree with me, of course, but this is not "stereotypical BS". It's what I saw watching the game.

Also did you not see Gana get caught in possession or misplace a pass and do nothing to atone for his errors, many did and some mentioned it but not you, did you not see Keane at fault for the last goal and not mention it you did not, that’s because you just want see everything wrong in Schneiderlin at not acknowledge others faults that’s why I accused you of stereotypical bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Also did you not see Gana get caught in possession or misplace a pass and do nothing to atone for his errors, many did and some mentioned it but not you, did you not see Keane at fault for the last goal and not mention it you did not, that’s because you just want see everything wrong in Schneiderlin at not acknowledge others faults that’s why I accused you of stereotypical bullshit. 

Maybe because I was making a comment about Schneiderlin and not Gana.

Funny. The only way schneiderlin seems to get credit is to somehow enable an argument that gana is shit.  It's a poor choice cos the fella just doesn't give a toss....  it's been a long standing sentiment that there is one way to alienate yourself from the fans and that is to show disregard or lack of heart.  On the contrary having a lack of quality but an abundance of heart can win the affection of the fans. 

Let's just leave it at this... Neither player will be a first team starter when Silva has got the players and system he needs. 

7 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

No time for patronizing when you have the attitude of a ten year old: “If they are going to act like cocks I’ll be a bigger cock when comes to their super hero Gana.”

And that's right there was no good reason to single one player out and not others who were equally at fault for mistakes, so let's debate the subject, you obviously have all the answers has to why Schneiderlin was poor and others weren't let's hear them.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And that's right there was no good reason to single one player out and not others who were equally at fault for mistakes, so let's debate the subject, you obviously have all the answers has to why Schneiderlin was poor and others weren't let's hear them.

remember  they had an extra body in the middle and we still managed to keep the ball for a while. The 2nd goal came about over and over extended period of intense play the ball needed to go into row Z so we could make the substitution and reset our defence because we were out on our feet. Rewatched the 2nd goal again and it was just a cracker ball Keane was actually tight to his man it was just a pin point ball. 

1 minute ago, 12ubb3rduck3y said:

remember  they had an extra body in the middle and we still managed to keep the ball for a while. The 2nd goal came about over and over extended period of intense play the ball needed to go into row Z so we could make the substitution and reset our defence because we were out on our feet. Rewatched the 2nd goal again and it was just a cracker ball Keane was actually tight to his man it was just a pin point ball. 

And I totally agree with that, if there wasn't good football or mistakes every game would be a 0-0, but what I was pissed about was Steve slagged Schneiderlin off as the worst player on the pitch and over looked anyone else's frailties.

Which is becoming standard even if he played well.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

He was told to get the ball out wide so we can make the most of our wide men Silva wants to play with width, and hit Coleman and Baines early or Walcott and Richarlison, he did exactly that time and time again, but you see keeping the ball and getting it out sideways as negative, if you want the long ball down the middle lets get Allardyce back. 

Add to that Gana rarely makes himself available for a forward pass. Even the Liverpool fan I watched the match with was moaning he wasn't getting in the gaps making himself available, even said he should be subbed for the ball to Coleman. He's an absolutely shocking footballer. 

Schneiderlin is a shit house but at least there's some ability in there. 

23 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Add to that Gana rarely makes himself available for a forward pass. Even the Liverpool fan I watched the match with was moaning he wasn't getting in the gaps making himself available, even said he should be subbed for the ball to Coleman. He's an absolutely shocking footballer. 

Schneiderlin is a shit house but at least there's some ability in there. 

Like Haf said they will probably both get dropped and move on, unless Silva sees something in Schneiderlin he does speak good things about him.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Still nothing of note to say, let's talk about minor league baseball or college football you never know you may excel on them sports, but I very much doubt it.

Says the guy making ad hominem attacks. Look through this thread. Already said enough about Schneiderlin.

On 12/08/2018 at 10:47, Zoo 2.0 said:

Playing for the first time (competitively) in a new position, new team and trying hard to impress. I'd give him a free pass to be honest as he didn't have enough time to get into the swing of things. Judge him after he has 90 minutes of football at left-back.

I wasn't judging, I was just stating a fact that he looked lost in midfield. I look forward to see him at left back and im confident that we might have found a long term replacement for Baines. 

But at that moment he looked very lost. He did not know where to position himself when Baines came forward. (it was just one specific moment in the match that i made an observation on)

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on

If the ref has done it for denying a goal scoring opportunity I'd argue it. 

Rules seem a bit unfair that you get a red outside the box and a pen and a yellow inside. Surely you should be given the choice of letting them have a pen rather than losing a player. The rules don't seem fair. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Rules seem a bit unfair that you get a red outside the box and a pen and a yellow inside. Surely you should be given the choice of letting them have a pen rather than losing a player. The rules don't seem fair. 

Isn’t that what he said the red was for, do we know if Mina and Zouma are match fit if they are this is surely as good a time as any to give one of them a shot, and if there not ready Holgate didn’t disgrace himself and more than held his own. 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Isn’t that what he said the red was for, do we know if Mina and Zouma are match fit if they are this is surely as good a time as any to give one of them a shot, and if there not ready Holgate didn’t disgrace himself and more than held his own. 

What some said on here. If it's for excessive force Jags can't really argue, but if it is for denying a goal scoring opportunity he should kick up a stink. Ref blatantly hasn't saw it (just look at where the fk was taken from) and just wanted to be centre of attention. 

Regardless of the red I'd want any of the other three over Jags and Keane as long as they are match fit. Just moaning for the principle. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

It was that plus a bad tackle. I had no issues with it being given 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

I dont see how it can be given for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity because he has won the ball. Even if you consider the challenge to be a foul for the follow through (which is BS) then how can you without doubt say that the player would have been clear on goal with Jags taking the ball in the challenge. Its illogical. 

This is so much worse given its height and given Laporte wins the ball but no-one cares (pause at 29 seconds): 

The rules are so inconsistently enforced its a joke.