IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Away) Saturday August 11th

markjazzbassist

2 major positives we should take from this. We can finally get excited watching us again...and although it looks like a Martinez scoreline, that's really unfair coz I thought we defended excellent once bellend was sent off.

Not reading the comments, but...

we showed we can defend. Hallelujah, hallelfuckinjah. We also showed how shite our defence can be however. Whomever should’ve been closing that cross down that led to their second needs a slap; I’m not naming names purely because I don’t know who was closest! 

However, there’s a lot of positives to take from that game

Pretty happy with that second half performance, everyone working hard and staying in their shape. The one passenger was mainly Walcott but that being said he was always back in position even if he seemed happy to play on the periphery whilst everyone else was getting stuck in.

Holgate was calm and composed when he came on bar that one chance he conceded but Pickford saved him and Keane was much better bar the goal. I imagine that Holgate was probably playing under injections given what we know about his injury and that he wasnt expected to feature and you could almost see Silva on the sidelines giving him a little pep talk before he came on to say we need him.

Richarlison was great, probably should have passed on a couple of occasions but you cant knock a lad scoring 2 goals on his debut.

The one curious thing about this game is how we were much better going forward without Siggy in the hole. If anything it suggests he was in the way and taking away space for players like Richarlison and Tosun (and Walcott if he showed up) to move into.

Before the game I was hoping for at least a point so to keep our momentum up and I think that was certainly achieved today (both the point and momentum).

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not reading the comments, but...

we showed we can defend. Hallelujah, hallelfuckinjah. We also showed how shite our defence can be however. Whomever should’ve been closing that cross down that led to their second needs a slap; I’m not naming names purely because I don’t know who was closest! 

However, there’s a lot of positives to take from that game

Schneiderlin. And Holgate gave him an absolute drubbing over it, which is good to see. Coleman close too but covering the run of the player just behind him. Schneiderlin being told to move further out by Gana who was in position covering the man behind Schneiderlin. Morgan just walking around the edge of the 18 yard box and actually looks behind him at one point despite Gana giving him direction.

I thought richarlson was immense. Ian Wright stated we have ruined the transfer window when we spent that money. I think he will turn out a star. Gutted we didn’t have Bernard, Mina etc but with ten men I’d have took a draw. Teams might suffer at wolves once they find their Rythm. Fuckin ref saying deffo red but doesn’t say fuck all about the free kick being six yards ahead of where it should have been took from 

13 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Schneiderlin. And Holgate gave him an absolute drubbing over it, which is good to see. Coleman close too but covering the run of the player just behind him. Schneiderlin being told to move further out by Gana who was in position covering the man behind Schneiderlin. Morgan just walking around the edge of the 18 yard box and actually looks behind him at one point despite Gana giving him direction.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure who Mason was mouthing off at, had to stream on my phone. 

Happy and sad with that. 

Happy because I’d have taken a point before the game and especially when we went down to 10 men so early. But sad because I genuinely think we were the better and more dangerous team. 

If this is what Silva can do with pretty much the team from last season then imagine how good we’ll look when the players he’s chosen slot in? I’m excited and so looking forward to going to the first home game next week. Come on you fucking blues!

8 hours ago, sibdane said:

I actually thought he had a decent game. 

He did, it was guess who that was the weak link today. 

But there you go it's become the standard comment on here with some people, because they feel they can get some likes and applause for saying it, cheap shots by people who aren't basing it on what was in front of them just their prejudices.