IGNORED

Marco Silva

13 hours ago, hafnia said:

I just like the fact that Silva has shown more bottle, tenacity, a desire to improve and adapt and to put the club before his ego.....

It puts the shit that we suffered under allardyce into perspective.  What a fookin joke of a manager and a vile person that man is....cupping his ears to the fans who voiced their displeasure for his disgraceful tactics against West Brom,  winding supporters up, slagging off the club who paid him a fortune for 6 months work after he spent most Mondays sunning himself in his villa and leaving coaches to pick up the pieces. 

Classless greedy bastard. 

Silva took no responsibility for the Newcastle blaming the players for not getting a third goal. So he's in the ego, classless club too. 

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Silva took no responsibility for the Newcastle blaming the players for not getting a third goal. So he's in the ego, classless club too. 

Who's the classless club?  You mean Everton? Our club??? Get a grip.  He was on a short term contract to do his rescue job and that was it. He knew what he was signing up for.  If he had any dreams or ambitions of securing the job he would have played with more ambition when we were safe... instead he kept going with his negative shite 

Only you could find reason to slate our club to support a manager who took the piss out of the fans, continually blamed players for losses and took credit for wins and walked away with £9m for 6 months work. 

Silva referred to the team as "we - ourselves"... not "the players"

Asked about the 25-year-old, who was taunted by home fans throughout, Silva said: “I’m not here to do that. Everything I have to say to my players I will say in our dressing room. I have already said something to them. “First, we have to look to ourselves. We lost because it was our fault, because I’m sure if we had kept doing what we did in the first half and we did what we had to do in the first 15 minutes of the second half, we would have killed the match with a third goal.”

22 hours ago, Matt said:

Because the Newcastle game we were dominant then collapsed because of a change of tactics. That’s why Silva got the blame. 

And v Chelsea we were crap in the first half then, if rumours are true, Silva gave them the hairdryer and we won. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Who's the classless club?  You mean Everton? Our club??? Get a grip.  He was on a short term contract to do his rescue job and that was it. He knew what he was signing up for.  If he had any dreams or ambitions of securing the job he would have played with more ambition when we were safe... instead he kept going with his negative shite 

Only you could find reason to slate our club to support a manager who took the piss out of the fans, continually blamed players for losses and took credit for wins and walked away with £9m for 6 months work. 

Silva referred to the team as "we - ourselves"... not "the players"

Asked about the 25-year-old, who was taunted by home fans throughout, Silva said: “I’m not here to do that. Everything I have to say to my players I will say in our dressing room. I have already said something to them. “First, we have to look to ourselves. We lost because it was our fault, because I’m sure if we had kept doing what we did in the first half and we did what we had to do in the first 15 minutes of the second half, we would have killed the match with a third goal.”

My memory was that he laid the blame squarely at the players feet without taking any responsibility after the Newcastle game

edit: I stand corrected, must’ve been the red mist after the game that made me misunderstand 

He is definitely way better than Fat Sam but he is still couldn't convienced me that he is well enough for Everton. His substitutions are always late and not correct (IMO) most of the time. I missed some games this year due to struggling in life but whenever I watch an Everton game he made me think this way. 

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Silva took a load of shit for the downturn so he has to take a lot of credit for the recovery.

The best thing for me is that he’s shown a willingness to adapt, which was always the biggest fear, especially as we’ve already seen who a lack of that with Martinez. DCL has allowed him to do that, by giving him a frontman who can actually play the lone striker, but credit to Silva for giving him a run and changing his approach to get the team and fans going again. 

Just now, Matt said:

The best thing for me is that he’s shown a willingness to adapt, which was always the biggest fear, especially as we’ve already seen it happen with Martinez. DCL has allowed him to do that, by giving him a frontman who can actually play the lone striker, but credit to Silva for giving him a run and changing his approach to get the team and fans going again. 

Ive often said I'll give anyone a chance who is prepared to work/evolve.....  this manager is hungry and determined to succeed... I admire him for that. 

DCL isn'tt going to get 25 goals a season.... but we will score more goals as a team with him in there opposed to a richarlison/lukaku.  We just look better too g forward with him....he occupies 2 centre halves. Proper handful

10 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Look at Norwich. I thought their manager was a cert to get sacked. Two seasons later they are pissing the championship. If wolves get in the fa cup final does the euro  place go to 8th? 

I don't think so. If Wolves win it then there's no extra spot. If Man City win it goes down to 7th.

2 hours ago, Sir McGiven said:

He is definitely way better than Fat Sam but he is still couldn't convienced me that he is well enough for Everton. His substitutions are always late and not correct (IMO) most of the time. I missed some games this year due to struggling in life but whenever I watch an Everton game he made me think this way. 

I hope your ok friend. Life is always important.

But put that shit aside, Everton comes first!

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Ive often said I'll give anyone a chance who is prepared to work/evolve.....  this manager is hungry and determined to succeed... I admire him for that. 

DCL isn'tttt going to get 25 goals a season.... but we will score more goals as a team with him in there opposed to a richarlison/lukaku.  We just look better too g forward with him....he occupies 2 centre halves. Proper handful

Agree - except the Lukaku part. I think you’ve forgotten how good he was for us. 

Not saying I want him back as I always look forward. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

Agree - except the Lukaku part. I think you’ve forgotten how good he was for us. 

Not saying I want him back as I always look forward. 

He scored goals in a larger number than we have been used to on an inconsistent level...  never showed against the better teams, flat track bully.... overall game was piss poor.  

I honestly don't see the fuss about what he did.  I know I've had a downer on him but I'm serious- his individual goal tally conned people into thinking he was a good player. He knows how to get goals for himself but that comes at a cost to the team. united have seen that....

Can everyone calm the fuck down now and stop screaming for his head. Utterly ridiculous sacking manager after manager like we have been- squad just gets more and more full of players on huge wages that new managers don’t want and we can’t get rid of them. He is a young manager learning still and he walked into an absolute shit storm created by Koeman and Walsh and a bloated squad of average players on long contracts and massive wages. Every single one of his signings bar Mina ( who has been injured a lot) have been excellent this season.

Said it time and time again- he needs all of next season also then the season after is when he should be judged properly- Klopp is into his 4th season and he inherrited a much better squad and has spent a shit load of money- managers need time.

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

Can everyone calm the fuck down now and stop screaming for his head. Utterly ridiculous sacking manager after manager like we have been- squad just gets more and more full of players on huge wages that new managers don’t want and we can’t get rid of them. He is a young manager learning still and he walked into an absolute shit storm created by Koeman and Walsh and a bloated squad of average players on long contracts and massive wages. Every single one of his signings bar Mina ( who has been injured a lot) have been excellent this season.

Said it time and time again- he needs all of next season also then the season after is when he should be judged properly- Klopp is into his 4th season and he inherrited a much better squad and has spent a shit load of money- managers need time.

I think the team have shown what they can do these past 3 games, it's a question of consistency now which as you said can only be judged after a long period of time. 

yeah i had a momentary "wobble" (as you limeys call it) after the newcastle game, i had not been so demoralized as a fan in recent history.  to go from thrashing to being thrashed, it was too much.  but he's done well since, i think he will be around for next campaign bar a nose dive.  i'm happy with him, the players seem to really love him, must be one hell of a dude.