IGNORED

Che Adams

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Ticks a lot of boxes for me - just watch his performance at Goodison last season. When DCL is unavailable or needs rotating, Adams is spot on in my opinion with the added bonus that we’ve got a prospect in Chermiti who can contribute too. I don’t know what this means for Maupay should we sign Adams but I do think Adams is more suited.

Will split opinions but Adams is a solid option - once again, something we’ve lacked for far too long.

21 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Ticks a lot of boxes for me - just watch his performance at Goodison last season. When DCL is unavailable or needs rotating, Adams is spot on in my opinion with the added bonus that we’ve got a prospect in Chermiti who can contribute too. I don’t know what this means for Maupay should we sign Adams but I do think Adams is more suited.

Will split opinions but Adams is a solid option - once again, something we’ve lacked for far too long.

I didn’t rate Adams at all, but after seeing him play in the flesh he would most definitely help us. He may not score a lot of goals but he gets us up the pitch and helps keep us there. 
Would be a decent second choice striker. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

I didn’t rate Adams at all, but after seeing him play in the flesh he would most definitely help us. He may not score a lot of goals but he gets us up the pitch and helps keep us there. 
Would be a decent second choice striker. 

Sounds like an argument that's been made before...

He is a player that looks like he shouldn’t be any good, that’s the issue. 
When you actually see him play, you realise he is a very good forward. 
An absolute handful, can bully defenders, gets under their skin…. And confident enough to try, and execute a good overhead kick.

For me Adams would a desperation signing. We’ve missed all our targets times running out fuck it we need something because we know what we have isn’t working, the fans are restless let’s get anything in. A familiar story for us let’s not repeat it again. 

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We’ve got most of our targets haven’t we? Looks like Gnonto may be a go as well. 
Don’t think it’s desperation at all Palf.

Looks like a sensible signing, that’s if we’re even in for him. 

This so far, looks like one of our most successful windows in a long time.

We missed our most important targets which was and has been for many years to find a striker with proven goal scoring ability to fill in or take over from DCL, a LB 2 wingers and a young striker who isn’t for this season will add some more depth to the squad, but are they going to get us the goals we so desperately need with a recognised striker of quality. Adams isn’t that recognised striker of quality or a consistent goal scorer, imo he’s closer to Maupay in his abilities than he is to DCL, and for me a pure desperation signing. 

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s almost like we’re working of an actual transfer action plan. 

Explain please, because I see one signing possibly 2 that maybe part of a plan that will progress the the club long term, otherwise we are just fighting fires. 

I always took stick for saying Troy Deaney would be a good forward. I like a centre forward who engages the defenders and moves them about.  Maupay is neither here nor there, at least with this lad we have an outball.

mark hughes was never big or prolific, but he could hold up the ball and got stuck in. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Explain please, because I see one signing possibly 2 that maybe part of a plan that will progress the the club long term, otherwise we are just fighting fires. 

What we’re the main targets we missed?

Lan looks like bringing in experienced players along with young players for the future.

Am I wrong?

I think we all agree we would have liked the big money striker to come in & give us that feeling that we will start banging in the goals.

Adams is the signing we should have made last season & upgraded on this season. Better option than Maupay but Adams will need goal scorers around him.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Every player we’ve signed bar Young has been on our radar for a long time and have been extensively scouted and all are in positions we desperately needed to strengthen

All of them also fit in with what Dyche wants in a player

Sounds pretty much like a plan to me!