IGNORED

Che Adams

His record is nothing to write home about

29 times on the pitch, five of them substituted in, 9 times not in the squad at all, total goals scored 5.

We have Gray and McNeil who scored as many as him,  we've got Danjuma, Chermiti and Harrison in,  now stop chasing after more wingers and concentrate on a  decent striker ffs.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

29 times on the pitch, five of them substituted in, 9 times not in the squad at all, total goals scored 5.

We have Gray and McNeil who scored as many as him,  we've got Danjuma, Chermiti and Harrison in,  now stop chasing after more wingers and concentrate on a  decent striker ffs.

Bill's on a rampage in every thread, screaming about how we're going after wingers and not strikers, and he posts the same thing in a thread for a striker 😂

We really are an insufferable lot, aren't we

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

Gray won’t feature for us again. Chermiti based on Dyche’s interview won’t be an instant impact for the starting 11. McNeils injury has shown how bare we actually on the wings.

I am absolutely certain that whilst we are going after another winger there are conversations happening in regards to strikers 

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've given you Che Adams poor record as a striker, and finished the 

Post by wanting Efc to concentrate on a decent Striker.

If you can't read the post Dunlop ask somebody to explain it for you.

Well Bill, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You're complaining that we're not going after a striker, then Che Adams pops up (a striker) and you say "Well not THAT striker"

🙃

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well Bill, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You're complaining that we're not going after a striker, then Che Adams pops up (a striker) and you say "Well not THAT striker"

You still haven't  read the post right Dunlop, I said a decent striker.  This fella scored 5 goals last season.  I've always said You get what you pay for in this life and if we offer shite money we will end up with shite players.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

You still haven't  read the post right Dunlop, I said a decent striker.  This fella scored 5 goals last season.  I've always said You get what you pay for in this life and if we offer shite money we will end up with shite players.

Oh I don't disagree with you, Bill. Unfortunately with the position we're in, you might have to readjust your definition of what a "decent" striker is, and this might have to be it.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Context matters. He had about 22 games worth of time in a poor team 5 goals 3 assists. In about 4 games worth of time in Cups he had another 5 goals. Overall he’s about a 1 in 3.5 guy in the premier league in terms of goals per 90. I would say that’s decent. Also provides some assists. Given our restraints he’s probably an affordable upgrade to Maupay.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

We offered very, very good money for about 3 years & ended up with very shite players as well. Trust the "new" scout network, try and find these 20-40m players when they are 5-10m transfers. (I'm not saying Adam's is one of those players however)

On 21/02/2019 at 20:58, Shukes said:

Watched him a few times. He’s a Beckford.  I can’t see a premier team coming in for him. He’s been on a purple run, but I haven’t witnessed any premier league quality’s in him.

Sounds harsh I guess, but I just haven’t been impressed. 

This was me when we first came in for him. I had t researched him at all and had only gone off a few glimpses and his stats. 

Then he played against us and I thought… hang on… this the same guy.

Now I think I’ve changed my mind because I saw that it’s not all about goal stats. I saw a tough player that has a bit more about him than I first realised. He is an absolute pain in the ass, someone that won’t be pushed around or bullied at all. And this is why the idea of him has grown on me. 

Remember in the 80s when we had a fair few wall flowers playing for us….. me neither.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This was me when we first came in for him. I had t researched him at all and had only gone off a few glimpses and his stats. 

Then he played against us and I thought… hang on… this the same guy.

Now I think I’ve changed my mind because I saw that it’s not all about goal stats. I saw a tough player that has a bit more about him than I first realised. He is an absolute pain in the ass, someone that won’t be pushed around or bullied at all. And this is why the idea of him has grown on me. 

Remember in the 80s when we had a fair few wall flowers playing for us….. me neither.

People have this belief that mark hughes was a goalscorer….. 15 goals was his most for United in the prem.  the importance of a front man isn’t just goals 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wish we could get 15 goals out of any of our players.

We all do mate, there’s very few strikers out there that are going to get that return first season in prem and fewer available for transfer. That’s before even taking in to account our financial position.

Dyche has managed Dom very well, there is still the chance though he breaks down again. As most have mentioned above, Adams is an improvement on Maupay but hopefully we won’t be relying on our second striker as much this year…

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wish we could get 15 goals out of any of our players.

That was for a title winning United side with kanchelskis and cantona over 40 games.  

point being, a top forward only got 15 goals for a side that scored 67 goals.  6 players scored more than him in the league that season, sheringham got 21.   Even mickey Quinn and Dean holdsworth scored more. 

hughes like Adams, dcl, and many other players are there to help the side get the ball up the pitch and hold it, bring others into play. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Looking at the players we’re trying to bring in we can see there is an identity. 
Dyche clearly wants pace out wide (and McNeil), with a high intensity workrate (McNeil and Harrison with some of the highest possession wins in the prem last year), a big man up front (DCL, Adams, Chermiti) and likely a midfielder playing as a second striker (or advanced midfielder for those who still can’t see 442) (Doucs, Danjuma, Iwobi, Dele).

With players like this our focal point won’t be a striker getting loads of goals, fit or not, like we had under Carlo where we got the ball into the middle of the box a lot. It’s going to be counter attacking at pace and a high press. We hardly ever have a team with lots of pace, that’s changing and it could be exciting. 

Im just happy to see something looking like a plan. 

Agreed. We seen with Marcus bent that a striker like that can reap huge rewards