IGNORED

West Ham (Away) Saturday March 30th

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, badaids said:

Gomes and Gana been immense this half.

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Gomes is running the midfield looks so composed on the ball 

I don't think he's worth in my opinion. Mostly plays back and side passes, no through balls forward and is slow.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Think that 2nd half was a confidence boosting exercise for us. Just do the basics, keep control, bring home the points.

Very good win for us there.

I agree. Everything we needed to do given the leads we have handed back over the season. It feels a little like a corner is being turned.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Superb performance so far and I am hesitant to criticise anybody but if we had a proper striker up top we would have knocked half a dozen past them. Terrible finishing and plenty of poor decisions. Graft and heart second to none though.

That puts you on a similar level to Pete coming on and picking on Gana for zero reason. Pointless. He led the line well and worked his arse off in a dominant attacking display. Want to question why we didn't batter them 5 or 6 nil? Apart from Bernard's goal, neither him nor Richarlison did enough to overload and make the extra man in the box, DCL was often the only player in the box when crosses were put in. And what did £45m man Sigurdsson do all game? 

Don't think it was DCLs best game as it happens, but the targeting of individuals when we should be celebrating an excellent team performance winds the fuck out of me. 

2 minutes ago, nogs said:

That puts you on a similar level to Pete coming on and picking on Gana for zero reason. Pointless. He led the line well and worked his arse off in a dominant attacking display. Want to question why we didn't batter them 5 or 6 nil? Apart from Bernard's goal, neither him nor Richarlison did enough to overload and make the extra man in the box, DCL was often the only player in the box when crosses were put in. And what did £45m man Sigurdsson do all game

Don't think it was DCLs best game as it happens, but the targeting of individuals when we should be celebrating an excellent team performance winds the fuck out of me. 

Funnily enough the player I'd single out is Sigurdssen too. So does that mean he actually played well now then? 

Excellent team performance? I'm happy with a win and a clean sheet but wouldn't get carried away, West Ham beat themselves today much like we imploded in the reverse fixture. First half was like a training game and second half was redundant with West ham already looking defeated and us not taking any risks. 

It's been an odd season. Things were looking promising up to the first Derby then we fell off a cliff for 3 months, playing the kind of abysmal shit that was served up this season. Same players, same shape - and suddenly we look a team again. Lots of really promising performances throughout, but Gomes stood out for me, playing like that I'm happy to change my mind on whether we should pay the money to sign him permanently, ran the midfield with ease. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Funnily enough the player I'd single out is Sigurdssen too. So does that mean he actually played well now then? 

Excellent team performance? I'm happy with a win and a clean sheet but wouldn't get carried away, West Ham beat themselves today much like we imploded in the reverse fixture. First half was like a training game and second half was redundant with West ham already looking defeated and us not taking any risks. 

Oh ffs we don't agree on something do we?! 

You can only play what's in front of you, we bossed them at their place, enjoy it you miserable sod. 

Just now, nogs said:

It's been an odd season. Things were looking promising up to the first Derby then we fell off a cliff for 3 months, playing the kind of abysmal shit that was served up this season. Same players, same shape - and suddenly we look a team again. Lots of really promising performances throughout, but Gomes stood out for me, playing like that I'm happy to change my mind on whether we should pay the money to sign him permanently, ran the midfield with ease. 

Kept the ball well and set us up going forward   

FFS! We controlled that game for the first touch to last, can't we all be happy with that, yes we should have put a few more of the chances away, but Fabianski was their saving grace today. They weren't good because we didn't give them the chance to be. We played  well as a team from front to back, I don't think any one player didn't perform for us, and Im struggling to pick out one for MOTM.

1 hour ago, nogs said:

That puts you on a similar level to Pete coming on and picking on Gana for zero reason. Pointless. He led the line well and worked his arse off in a dominant attacking display. Want to question why we didn't batter them 5 or 6 nil? Apart from Bernard's goal, neither him nor Richarlison did enough to overload and make the extra man in the box, DCL was often the only player in the box when crosses were put in. And what did £45m man Sigurdsson do all game? 

Today it would have been the 3rd, 4th or 5th but next week it could be the difference between picking up all 3 points, a point or nothing at all. That matters to me. 

Do you disagree with what I said then or do you just disagree with the timing? 

Fwiw its also a little ironic that you then single out Siggy yourself.

That was one of the most comfortable afternoons of my life watching Everton.

Particularly in the first half we were magnificent. We were aggressive, expansive, energetic, creative, robust. Nothing but positive in everything we did and it was a joy to watch. We were more controlled and professional in the second half but we were under no threat at all really.

It could have been 5, 6, 7 nil and we need to be more ruthless, but there wasn't a player out there yesterday that had a bad game. I hope we keep this up until the end of the season because when we play like that you can see exactly what Silva wants us to be. And it makes me feel confident that when he gets his team together here that we'll do well.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

....we can't keep downgrading our wins as the opposition being pure shite. It's perfectly possible that we play in a way that allows the opposition to do nothing...find no momentum, no rhythm, overthrow their game plan etc etc.

First time they've lost at home since before Christmas, run included a draw with Liverpool and a defeat of Arsenal.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

So.... all the noise I heard was west ham were poor and no credit to us.  Was at wedding all day so missed it. 

Never missed much Haf🤥

We were good gave them no time on the ball when they had it (which wasn’t much) we pressed as a team and defended as a team, we were guilty of squandering a lot of good positions we got ourselves in, but the plus was we actually created them with good possession. 

Were they poor yes, did we make them look poor yes.