IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday April 27th

markjazzbassist

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 14:22, markjazzbassist said:

i hope we finish 8th and wolves get 7th.  we finish above watford so marco gets bragging rights over his old club.  wolves next campaign goes off the rails due to Europa meanwhile we are fighting for top 4 due to the massive declines of chelsea (bye hazard) arsenal (this seasons trend continues) and manu (thanks for signing ole, he's been great for us).  this is my hope for next year.  

Think you've got your wish mjb!

Frustrating that. Should have been 3 points.

So much good build up play, just couldn't find that magical touch you need when playing against a team that floods their box with players. And to have so many corners cone to nothing, urgh.

This has been our story for a few years now, and as much as I had a dislike for him, Lukaku was that player who could pop up with a goal. Can't help but wonder if DCL is doing enough to put off the hunt for a Number 1 striker in the summer. As much as I like him, not sure we can afford to 'wait and see'.

2 games to go for 7th. Wolves in control, with Fulham at Home and Liverpool Away. Watford have Chelsea Away and West Ham Home. We have Burnley Home Spurs Away. Gonna be tight.

Still cant understand Silvas subs, takes off the best player on the park to put Lookman on, in 20 minutes he touched the ball about five times and lost it on every occassion.

Walcott should have come on for Richarlison not Syggy, he,s beginning to remind me of Barkley, runs with the ball but wont pass, then he loses it and falls to the ground crying for free kicks.

Amazing how we failed to win that Game, i thought we played some good high tempo stuff and should have got some reward.

9 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Think you've got your wish mjb!

yeah 4 points ahead and they have fulham next which should  be 3 points for them which puts it out of reach.  not to mention i'm not very confident of a result against spurs for us, they are a quality side.

as for watford we are up 7 on GD, they have chelsea and west ham, we have burnley and spurs.  i can see both of us losing and winning 1 each.  end level with us ahead on GD.

11 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Frustrating that. Should have been 3 points.

So much good build up play, just couldn't find that magical touch you need when playing against a team that floods their box with players. And to have so many corners cone to nothing, urgh.

This has been our story for a few years now, and as much as I had a dislike for him, Lukaku was that player who could pop up with a goal. Can't help but wonder if DCL is doing enough to put off the hunt for a Number 1 striker in the summer. As much as I like him, not sure we can afford to 'wait and see'.

2 games to go for 7th. Wolves in control, with Fulham at Home and Liverpool Away. Watford have Chelsea Away and West Ham Home. We have Burnley Home Spurs Away. Gonna be tight.

DCL cant take the responsibility on his own.  We need a good striker and sell tosun and niasse. DCL will be a very good player for us but we need depth in that position .

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

DCL cant take the responsibility on his own.  We need a good striker and sell tosun and niasse. DCL will be a very good player for us but we need depth in that position .

Exactly. We need a good striker!!! I'm not sure DCL is doing enough is persuade the boss man that he can be number 1 next season.

38 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah 4 points ahead and they have fulham next which should  be 3 points for them which puts it out of reach.  not to mention i'm not very confident of a result against spurs for us, they are a quality side.

as for watford we are up 7 on GD, they have chelsea and west ham, we have burnley and spurs.  i can see both of us losing and winning 1 each.  end level with us ahead on GD.

Oh shit yeah. You make a point I didn't think of there. 4 points ahead and Fulham at Home next. Bugger.

As much as we done okay in the first half with build up play I can't help feeling that the reason the final ball didn't come was because we were too predictable. Palace were well drilled and stayed compact. They knew our game plan and closed the space to stop us getting that final ball through. Very frustrating to watch, more so with the lack of ideas. Schneiderlin and Gana pairing adds to the frustration too, why start both against a defensive team were we're gonna need more creativity to break them down. 

I wouldn’t get too frustrated today all. We played well and buttered them, other than score. Our problem has been inconsistency... not just results, as any team can have a bad result,..... but effort.

Today we had the effort and work effort. It’s just didn’t fall for us. At least the players turned up and worked. 

I can accept dropping points if we work hard.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

not to mention i'm not very confident of a result against spurs for us, they are a quality side.

They're going to need a win so won't sit back, I think we have a good chance-and we owe them something after the Goodison humiliation.

I'd be very surprised if we finished 7th now, away form has continued to be frustrating but really it was our awful form November to February that has cost us. Over the season Wolves have been a better team anyway. Not overly bothered myself, I love European football but we went through a bit of a crisis last season and this one was always about stabilising and laying foundations for the future. I think our home form the last two months shows there is real promise and plenty of reason to be optimistic for next year. Big summer ahead, even bigger season to follow. I expect Man Utd to fall apart whoever they sign and Solksjaer to be sacked by Christmas, top 6 is there for the taking! 

16 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Exactly. We need a good striker!!! I'm not sure DCL is doing enough is persuade the boss man that he can be number 1 next season.

Seems to play well against 'better' clubs with more space to work into. Truth is against the lower lot we need a striker who can take his chances and occasionally create a goal out of nothing. Trouble is, they are few and far between. 

Really disappointed with the result, but you really can't fault them for trying. We need to figure out a way to pull teams like Palace apart when they sit so deep and compact. DCL has been great, but we can't put too much pressure on him to be the leading man while he's still so young. A clinical finisher is a must next season. 

Sign Gomes and Zouma (if possible), and get a quality ST up top, and I'll be happy with just that in the summer transfer window. 

A shut out against Fulham and Palace in the last 3 games highlights how much we need a striker who knows how to unlock teams who set up to defend, unless we change DCL next season will be on a par with this tough I know but if you can’t score or find time and space to score as the only striker your days are numbered.