IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) Saturday August 10th

markjazzbassist

I have a bit of a different take to some on here by the looks of it. For the whole I thought we were by far the better team and the game should have been over in the first half. I thought everyone was playing their part at that point, albeit not making the most of our opportunities. Once Gomes went off we were rocked but its fair to say that Gbamin had a bit of a nightmare, the game was far too quick for him. Palace then got their foothold in the game and they forced two good saves from Pickford and we lost control of the game and it all went a bit too frantic. It wasnt much before Schneiderln was sent off (IMO a ridiculous decision) that we had calmed things down again and then when we did go down to 10 men they didnt really trouble us. Kean was unlucky with the timing of when he came on because it meant he never really had a chance and Davies was poor playing from deep, albeit he kept us ticking over.

I would guess it would probably be Pickford or Digne for MOTM but no-one stood out.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

He wasn't close to being ready 15 mins ago :lol: 

I know he needs to get some serious training in because everyone else is injured or suspended. 

Amazing the windows just closed and 1 game in and our midfield has already been decimated 😀

1 minute ago, Finn balor said:

I’m sure you know him? Defensive midfielder unbelievable tackling stats whilst not getting sent off 

Doesn’t ring any bells. 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

Really?! That's a fucking stupid rule! By all accounts he got the ball for his first one too, there's no review for yellows at all?

No he did say what they review on the commentary but I can't remember eebr what! Straight reds are in there. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have a bit of a different take to some on here by the looks of it. For the whole I thought we were by far the better team and the game should have been over in the first half. I thought everyone was playing their part at that point, albeit not making the most of our opportunities. Once Gomes went off we were rocked but its fair to say that Gbamin had a bit of a nightmare, the game was far too quick for him. Palace then got their foothold in the game and they forced two good saves from Pickford and we lost control of the game and it all went a bit too frantic. It wasnt much before Schneiderln was sent off (IMO a ridiculous decision) that we had calmed things down again and then when we did go down to 10 men they didnt really trouble us. Kean was unlucky with the timing of when he came on because it meant he never really had a chance and Davies was poor playing from deep, albeit he kept us ticking over.

I would guess it would probably be Pickford or Digne for MOTM but no-one stood out.

Just going by the blogs, it seems that Coleman had an excellent first half.

At the end of the day palace had their first choice centre backs out and their best player on the bench. They are toothless up front. Regardless what Marco says gilfi will be a starter every game and he needs to do so much more. In that position you need a player that is cute, that can see a pass or beat a man. Let’s hope that Brazilian kid is lined up in January 

14 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

At the end of the day palace had their first choice centre backs out and their best player on the bench. They are toothless up front. Regardless what Marco says gilfi will be a starter every game and he needs to do so much more. In that position you need a player that is cute, that can see a pass or beat a man. Let’s hope that Brazilian kid is lined up in January 

Iwobi is the man for that. 

Good:

Coleman--First half looked like he turned back the clock 3 or 4 years.
Pickford--Came up big when called upon.
Gomes--Performance dipped tremendously when he went off.

Bad

Bernard--He pulls of a tricky move then gives the ball away too easily. 
Gylfi--He's on the pitch to bury the chance he had very early in the match. Gave the ball up much too easily after that and was basically a non-factor at best and a malefactor at worst.
Gbamin--not up to PL speed just yet. Gets a pass from me since he probably doesn't even know all his teammates' names yet.
Schnederlin--two dumb cards ruin an otherwise solid performance.

Others worth mentioning: Keane and Mina looked solid. Looking forward to that relationship developing further.