IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

On 30/11/2022 at 13:18, StevO said:

I think Sibdane meant Iwobi’s form if Lampard left. 

On 30/11/2022 at 17:04, Sibdane said:

Correct. We’ve only seen Iwobi perform to this level under Lampard. People wanted him gone under the other managers. 

Then he's tied down to a longer contract and will command a higher fee :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I believe since the return of Gana he has had his position moved back to right hand side of of midfield, and is being shackled by having to back up and cover the right back position, that imo is why we are seeing him revert back to the bad days, because he has been reverted back to the position he doesn't enjoy, and is less effective in. He and the team were much more effective and balanced when he played in centre of midfield, and Onana and Doucoure behind him either side, for me the introduction of Gana the dropping of Doucoure and moving Iwobi from a more central role has been very negative, and plus Gana has been very poor and has proven to be no replacement for Doucoure, and certainly not worth changing the setup of the midfield for, unfortunately Iwobi has suffered injury which could keep him out for a few weeks which is not what we need at this moment in time, other wise I would have gone to a midfield of Onana Iwobi Doucoure. 

Probably misses Southampton, West Ham and Arsenal and back for Liverpool.

Whilst I don't think he is playing that well at the moment, it is very Everton that we will miss him for the two games we will need as much creativity as we can get. 

Bearing in mind we need more creativity anyway, I hope the club are looking at this injury and thinking, lets try and get someone in sooner rather than later!

• 1 month later...

His best talent is pretty much wasted out on the right we've seen this before, he knows it but he takes it for the team and works hard and gets on with it, and gives immense support to Coleman, if he wasn't there doing a lot of the donkey work for Coleman who would you rather, personally I think he's a good team player with no one better in the team to do what he's been asked to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/everton/unhappy-player-leave-everton-this-week-turkish-giants-shock-signing-failed-contract

Normally I'd say this is bollocks because we couldn't possibly be that stupid to lose another player during the season, but it's us so we definitely could be that stupid.

It’s such a ridiculous article that would be laughed at by 99% of clubs….. and whilst I still think it’s bollocks you just never know with us. But yeah daft article 

2 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

I can see why he might be pissed off. It's not like he's a regular starter for us.

😂

Because he was finally given the position and freedom to be the player he can be, only to be plonked back on the wing. I understand that frustration. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Because he was finally given the position and freedom to be the player he can be, only to be plonked back on the wing. I understand that frustration. 

Tbf, his form had nose-dived before the switch of position and we were getting destroyed week in, week out through the middle. So I can understand changing things in midfield and so should he.

I think he does understand it though and this is yet more lazy journalism.