IGNORED

Sheffield United (Home) Saturday September 21st

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Can’t recall digne playing as one of the three either 

I know mate it was desperate decision with 25 minutes to go, and didn’t need to be made it completely took away any shape from the team, and know one had a clue what they were doing bar all piling forward and making it easy for there second goal, truly embarrassing and clueless from the manager. 

Well played Sheff Utd. Proper manager, proper recruitment policy, proper team ethic and clarity about what they're trying to do. 

I tried to get tickets today as my missus is a Sheff Utd fan but left it too late. I'm angry enough I wasted an hour and a half watching it on a dodgy stream. That was just embarrassing. Why do we have a team full of £20m plus players who can't pass, dribble or shoot? How did Sigurdsson and Richarlison's agents con us into believing they are £50m footballers?? Man City paid that for Kevin de Bruyne!! And why are Schneiderlin, Tosun and Walcott still getting paid a wage at this club?? 

I know it's easy to jerk knees after a performance like that but we just look like a team going absolutely nowhere. Groundhog Day all over again. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

I know mate it was desperate decision with 25 minutes to go, and didn’t need to be made it completely took away any shape from the team, and know one had a clue what they were doing bar all piling forward and making it easy for there second goal, truly embarrassing and clueless from the manager. 

Chris wilder is no mug. What he’s done at sheff united is astonishing. He must have saw that and thought we are in here. Good managers play to their strengths. We have no leaders on that pitch. I know mark is saying bring on the doom and gloom but how can you see positives from the first six games? We’ve been average to wank every game and we haven’t played anyone yet 

Went to PC World this am and Josh bought a Nintendo Switch Lite and I got a neat 11 inch notebook/tablet so at least have some new toys to play with. As to football I'll consign it to some obscure region of my brain for now because I don't have the words to describe the last couple of hours; to those of you that can bear discussing it I salute you, too much for me.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Went to PC World this am and Josh bought a Nintendo Switch Lite and I got a neat 11 inch notebook/tablet so at least have some new toys to play with. As to football I'll consign it to some obscure region of my brain for now because I don't have the words to describe the last couple of hours; to those of you that can bear discussing it I salute you, too much for me.

Yeah I’ve never had eleven inches to play with mike so I don’t blame you 

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

At least we've got the Rugby World Cup to take our minds of it.

13 minutes ago, johnh said:

BBC live text gave an interesting stat.  Everton have never come from behind and won under Silva.  That stat actually says a lot.  No heart, no fight and there have been plenty examples of that recently.

Remember when we got a point going into extra time 3-1 down against United years and years ago?

I want that passion back.

I haven’t been a Silva critic, but starting 2 DMs at home against this lot was foolish.  That said, our problems seem many.

1. Passing frequently breaks down.  Opponents know they can count on Everton creating few chances with crisp passing.  And they know Everton will periodically simply give away great counterattack opportunities.

2. Which puts pressure on our ponderous CH pair, especially Keane.  We all know the failure to sign another CH was a problem.

3. No “natural” finishers.  At least none yet evident, whatever Kean’s potential.  Richarlison, though clearly talented, sure does miss some clear opportunities.

4. Short term, probably take more time for new additions to get used to each other.  Don’t want to give up on Iwobi, Kean, Richarlison potential, but some confusion so far.

5. But long term, deeper weaknesses are so disappointing.  Not much fire.  Loss of concentration, regularly.  Regularly.  An “almost” group of players, some because of lack of pace, others who make mental errors, still several others who seem below average in alertness, hustle.

6. This Everton lack bottle.

When you consider that our attacking options are a 19 year old kid, DCL and Cenk Tosun it really doesn't take a genius to work out why we are struggling to win games. Going forward we're absolutely abysmal and never once looked like scoring, all it was going to take was one Sheffield goal to kill us off. 

We are so out of ideas it hurts, the fact that Silva in the end went with three at the back and three up front (to his credit) and we still couldn't have a clear cut chance is so deflating, especially against a side that you'd expect to breeze past. 

I don't think it's worth going into each player individually as collectively we were awful, nobody stood out as a bright spark and heading into Manchester City next week, I'm not sure how we're even going to score, let alone get a point or three. 

30 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

we started out well but their corner killed us and we never were the same.  not a good result.  cue the doom and gloom crew, marco out crew, and gylfi sucks crew.  we await your most intelligent and rational comments :rofl:

Some whopper near me saying that we should be all over David Moyes, thank Christ that for all his faults at times some of these people are not on the board sacking Silva every five minutes. 

Marco played a strong side (not sure what anyone would have changed?) and when we went behind he threw on three attacking options, whilst I understand that the buck stops with the manager sacking him at this point in time is ludicrous.

41 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

We're in serious trouble typical bloody Everton.

46 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Relegation candidates 

Not in trouble at all, jumping the gun if ever I saw it. Did nobody see that Watford lost 8-0 today? Does nobody see Wolves in freefall? Newcastle? Brighton? Over 38 games we won't be in any trouble at all, mid table perhaps but nowhere near the bottom three. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not in trouble at all, jumping the gun if ever I saw it. Did nobody see that Watford lost 8-0 today? Does nobody see Wolves in freefall? Newcastle? Brighton? Over 38 games we won't be in any trouble at all, mid table perhaps but nowhere near the bottom three. 

We don't have to be a relegation risk for fans to question wtf is going on. We've spent half a billion on players since Moshiri came in. Mid table is outrageous failure on those terms alone. 

Not relegation candidates, no. But Silva has to be very careful now. He's had plenty of time and numerous windows to be getting to where he wants the squad to be at.

'Time to click' wasnt an excuse today, because 9 of the 11 that started were here last season.

How long will the board be willing to accept these kinds of results? Especially if Morinho is spoken to whilst Silva is still in charge and is said to be willing to come - if that would be an option for the board. Not something I would personally like to see, but the board are ambitions, seeing a manager of his stature and history will be tempting.

17 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

When you consider that our attacking options are a 19 year old kid, DCL and Cenk Tosun it really doesn't take a genius to work out why we are struggling to win games. Going forward we're absolutely abysmal and never once looked like scoring, all it was going to take was one Sheffield goal to kill us off. 

We are so out of ideas it hurts, the fact that Silva in the end went with three at the back and three up front (to his credit) and we still couldn't have a clear cut chance is so deflating, especially against a side that you'd expect to breeze past. 

I don't think it's worth going into each player individually as collectively we were awful, nobody stood out as a bright spark and heading into Manchester City next week, I'm not sure how we're even going to score, let alone get a point or three. 

Some whopper near me saying that we should be all over David Moyes, thank Christ that for all his faults at times some of these people are not on the board sacking Silva every five minutes. 

Marco played a strong side (not sure what anyone would have changed?) and when we went behind he threw on three attacking options, whilst I understand that the buck stops with the manager sacking him at this point in time is ludicrous.

Mid table is trouble as far as I’m concerned. What’s the point? We just look a mess at the minute. 

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You never never completely sacrifice the shape of the team by playing 6-7 forward players when 1-0 down and still 25 minutes to go, unless of course your clueless twat, with 5 minutes and injury time remaining yes, fuck all to do with doom crew, what he just done would be seen as good by the dumb crew a absolutely ridiculous management decision. 

Agree completely. I’m usually one to be positive and patient, but this decision revealed a manager who lacks confidence and was making emotional decisions almost made in desperation. This is not a good sign. 

If this is being unduly negative, so be it. I’ll call it the way I see it. 

19 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Marco played a strong side (not sure what anyone would have changed?)....

I’ve not been a critic of Silva and don’t advocate “out now.”  But I do think it a major mistake to have started 2 DMs for this specific fixture. For me, the first 45 minutes were a wasted opportunity.

Just now, Finn balor said:

I was sat listening to Jeff stelling and didn’t watch the game but would be interested to hear your viewpoint Romey 

We played decent stuff for the first 10 minutes. We looked hungry and on it for that brief period. After that I have absolutely no idea what we were trying to achieve. Embarrassingly slow play, no intent with the ball, no one taking responsibility. I can’t think of anything positive after the start. Absolutely nothing. 

On paper, you'd say this was the easiest match we'll have all year. A promoted side at home. But we lost it and never looked particularly in it. I think the players are sufficiently good enough to keep us out of relegation territory but that is an awfully low bar for a club that's spent so freely in the market. 

I don't know what the problem is but we have really struggled to create chances and score goals so far this season. Silva has to figure that out. While I don't necessarily blame him for bringing on all his attackers today, that's always been his only answer when chasing a match. Insofar that we've got a little over a season seeing him do that, I'm not sure that "plan b" is it either.

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not play Schneiderlin. I can only repeat my constant refrain.

- Games are won and lost in midfield

- We need a tenacious leader in midfield

- Sell Schneiderlin

- Sigurdsson disrupts our best system 

I didnt want to see morgan play - but I understand why he did. He is the only CM fit who has any sense of position in him.

1 minute ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I’ve not been a critic of Silva and don’t advocate “out now.”  But I do think it a major mistake to have started 2 DMs for this specific fixture. For me, the first 45 minutes were a wasted opportunity.

I’ve said this for ages and it was the same under moyes, Martinez etc. We are not in the position of the red shite or city that you pretty much know their formation but you can’t do much about it anyway because they are that good. Teams know exactly our formation and how we are going to play. We are too slow attacking wise. We have too much possession in the final third instead of shooting.