IGNORED

10 managers to choose from

10 managers to choose from  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to be the next manager - if these were your only choices (in alpha order)?

• Mikel Arteta
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Eddie Howe
    • Marcelino
    • Jose Mourinho
    • David Moyes
    • Phil Neville
    • Gareth Southgate
    • David Unsworth

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

lads its gonna be the summer, hold your horses and calm down.  

At this point it is better to wait until February or March before getting rid of Marco, so our new manager has time to settle in our club. Changing him mid-season is an advantage in my eyes, so that the new manager has enough time to address our problems and use the summer transfer window optimally trying to fix those.

23 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed, especially all the traffic after doing so well recently.

I’ve mostly stayed out of this thread but how the fuck are we going to go forward if we can’t back the team. Team includes manager; he’s responsible for somethings sure, but he’s shown he can dig in and bounce back in after a short period.

Instant success can happen but prolonged success is what we should aim for. You cannot achieve that by giving up on a team  over relatively short periods! Especially when there are so many changes going on. 

People need to understand what a project actually means 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

There’s obviously a big difference in opinion of what constitutes doing so well. 

It’s a bit like when people compare a few photos taken from the beginning of a movie. You often need to see a film all the way through to know if It gets a sequel. Very rare that you know in the first 15 mins that the 100 min film will be a failure

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

It’s a bit like when people compare a few photos taken from the beginning of a movie. You often need to see a film all the way through to know if It gets a sequel. Very rare that you know in the first 15 mins that the 100 min film will be a failure

I don’t know I feel I’m quite a good judge at knowing if a film is going to be my cup of tea or not after 15 minutes. 
Now if we look at our season in a100 minute time scale, we have about 33 minutes of it elapsed, so for me I’m quite sure that it’s been poor and frankly not good enough. 
I’ve already fallen asleep whilst you’re munching through your 2nd bucket of popcorn thinking when is this going to get any better.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes. It’s been a rough start but recent trend seems to be positive 

Do you mean the 4 out of 6 or the 7 out of a possible 12? With only Spurs of note. I agree the results have been slightly more favourable but I’m far from saying it’s a positive trend. Especially as we had to rely on getting a point against 10 men and the worst Spurs side I’ve seen at GP in at least a decade. 

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

matt, palfy is one of those unforgiving old guys who thinks he knows everything and demands nothing but perfection from people.  he himself isn't perfect but he would never admit to that.  he must be an absolute joy to work for.....

You know what I have self employed Carpenters who have worked for me nearly 25 years, that is very rare in my industry, so all  I can glee from that is I must be doing something right. 
And less of the old please I find that very hurtful😁

As much as I would love Ten Haag, that boat has sailed unless he fails at the big club he goes to next.

We sure as hell aren't getting Poch either.

I think Benitez would see us being solid, which would be a step forward, but I don't necessarily see him doing any more than that. He isn't a manager that I would say is well versed in breaking teams down. I think we need to look at someone who will match the big teams in terms of style, whilst accepting it could be a rocky road. Whoever we pick will be a risk as they wont have been tried and tested in this league and therefore would you take the ultimate risk and go for Arteta?

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

As much as I would love Ten Haag, that boat has sailed unless he fails at the big club he goes to next.

We sure as hell aren't getting Poch either.

I think Benitez would see us being solid, which would be a step forward, but I don't necessarily see him doing any more than that. He isn't a manager that I would say is well versed in breaking teams down. I think we need to look at someone who will match the big teams in terms of style, whilst accepting it could be a rocky road. Whoever we pick will be a risk as they wont have been tried and tested in this league and therefore would you take the ultimate risk and go for Arteta?

Our position unfortunately is to precarious to take a gamble on Arteta and others trying to break into management, we need someone like Rafa to steady the ship, and get us in a position were in the future we can look at the likes of Arteta, but now isn’t the right time. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Our position unfortunately is to precarious to take a gamble on Arteta and others trying to break into management, we need someone like Rafa to steady the ship, and get us in a position were in the future we can look at the likes of Arteta, but now isn’t the right time. 

But like Ten Haag or Pochettino, if you don't take that risk at the right time, the rising star manager will be unattainable down the line. 

We have had proven managers, well the last 4, and look how that has gone. We took a risk with Moyes and it worked.

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

But like Ten Haag or Pochettino, if you don't take that risk at the right time, the rising star manager will be unattainable down the line. 

We have had proven managers, well the last 4, and look how that has gone. We took a risk with Moyes and it worked.

I do agree that you have to take risks, they just need to be calculated in there timing, and this moment in time I think we need an old head with a proven record. 
But not Fat Sam😀

I’d take Dyche. Burnley might not be fancy and attractive, but he’s never had better quality than what he’s got. He’s never been able to attract them to Burnley. I honestly think he could do more with the extra resource and better players that he would have at Everton.

One thing I do know with him, if anyone isn’t putting enough effort in they won’t be playing. I’d like to see Everton players battle again, and not just Davies on his own. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’d take Dyche. Burnley might not be fancy and attractive, but he’s never had better quality than what he’s got. He’s never been able to attract them to Burnley. I honestly think he could do more with the extra resource and better players that he would have at Everton.

One thing I do know with him, if anyone isn’t putting enough effort in they won’t be playing. I’d like to see Everton players battle again, and not just Davies on his own. 

Another manager to get us nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Two banks of 4. Low block. 2 physical strikers running channels. He's the definition of old fashioned. 

What worries me is I have now got to the point where I would accept Moyes back until the end of the campaign and it pains me to say it.

You don’t see a manager with an aim and making the most of his resources? I don’t see his strikers running the channels that much, I see them in the box causing problems. 

I see a manager who knows he can’t attract or afford players like Andre Gomes and Richarlison, so makes the most of what he can get his hands on. He doesn’t have a £100m budget every year and even if he did he couldn’t get them players to go to Burnley.

Today our 4231/433 lost at home to Norwich. His 442 won away at Watford and are sitting sixth in the league table. 

There is no doubt in my mind that Sean Dyche is a better football manager than Marco Silva, to be honest outside last seasons top six I think only Rogers and Nuno Santos are better than him. 

Nothing old fashioned about winning football matches.

One last point though Aidan, Dyche is old fashioned but you would accept Moyes? Come on mate.