IGNORED

James Rodríguez

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

It was very clear he didn’t want to be here without Carlo. One assumes the club and Rafa were aware of this. We tried to unload him but  couldn’t find a deal that was agreeable to all parties. Why would Rafa waste one second on a player who doesn’t want to be here who we are trying to move on? Now that we are stuck with each other Rafa has said he needs to show some commitment to the club and get his fitness up in order to see the field. James own comments separate him from the club. Not exactly the commitment Rafa was talking about. I assume he will see some minutes in specific games/situations and will be moved on as quickly as we can find a deal that works for us, likely in January. 

Because Carlo brought him here on the back of this “project” he was heavily invested in and then fucked off… I mean if I took a job and was promised all these developments in the pipeline and then after 12 months the person who brought me there jumped I would be questioning the direction too… He said in the summer he was happy to stay, he said he didn’t think he would go to Madrid - if they wanted him would he have gone? - Yes, along with every other member of our squad. 

He hasn’t been perfect, some of what he has said/done has been naive and that’s to put it nicely - but I really don’t think he warrants a lot of the criticism that’s come him way and think partially it’s due to how Carlo fucked us over and people see James as an extension of Carlo.

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think that’s what he’s saying mate…. Equal parts!

Don’t give him away Shukes how can it be equal when he said the management has shown less desire for him to be here than he has shown to be here, complete bollocks he’s wanted out since Ancelotti left, so how has is desire been greater to stay here than clubs desire for him to leave when he wants to leave, he’s talking a different game now because he’s not got his move and needs to play if he’s got any chance to move in January or find a decent club next season. Rafa has said he is part of the club that he can play and make a difference because of his ability, but where Rafa is different to Ancelotti is that Rafa has said you work get fit and you fit into the team the team is not going to fit around you, completely different to Ancelotti’s theory of not getting him fit not asking him to work and trying to fit the team around him. But anyway Btay with his post above has just shit his own bed and provided the evidence that his desire to stay wasn’t greater, his original post was born not from fact but from his own belief because he is a James fan which is perfectly fine until you start to make the player more important than the club. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Don’t give him away Shukes how can it be equal when he said the management has shown less desire for him to be here than he has shown to be here, complete bollocks he’s wanted out since Ancelotti left, so how has is desire been greater to stay here than clubs desire for him to leave when he wants to leave, he’s talking a different game now because he’s not got his move and needs to play if he’s got any chance to move in January or find a decent club next season. Rafa has said he is part of the club that he can play and make a difference because of his ability, but where Rafa is different to Ancelotti is that Rafa has said you work get fit and you fit into the team the team is not going to fit around you, completely different to Ancelotti’s theory of not getting him fit not asking him to work and trying to fit the team around him. But anyway Btay with his post above has just shit his own bed and provided the evidence that his desire to stay wasn’t greater, his original post was born not from fact but from his own belief because he is a James fan which is perfectly fine until you start to make the player more important than the club. 

How exactly have I shit the bed? Curious, especially from the person who has pulled a figure from no where on his weekly wages and continuelly gone on about it.

I’ve not once said he is more important than the club. I’ve been more than fair - just that I don’t expect all our players to come out and say Everton is my life because in all reality those kind of professionals are few and far between.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

And it’s been no secret that James wanted out as soon as Ancelotti left weeks before Rafa was considered or given the job.  

Have you got any quotes or anything on that?

This is what James said early in the window -

“I don’t know what’s going to happen this season. I don’t know where I’m going to play.”

“In football and in life you don’t know anything, but all I know is that I’ve been training hard, preparing well, training for myself and that’s it.”

“The situation is complicated. I’ll play wherever they want me. You have to be at a place where they want you.”

“I don’t think [I will return to Real Madrid]. It’s a closed cycle that I won’t be repeating.”

Also Rafa never rebuffed the transfer speculation like he did with richarlison.  So it’s really not complete bollocks to suggest it.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

James hasn’t been perfect… but if we going to expect him to say “we” and “us” then he has rights to expect our management to say “James is our player and he isn’t going anywhere”

Why would we say this? It’s clear he wanted to leave. By trying to move him on we were doing what he wished. It’s not a stretch to ask him to show some professionalism. Again, he didn’t even know who we played next. He doesn’t care at all about the club. Publicly making that known, as he has, is an unnecessary distraction. While you’re here you are an Everton player. Behave as such. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be interested to know what his original words meant, rather than the interpretations. Often when they're translated they have to be loosely translated because there isn't a direct translation for the words, and things can then get misinterpreted leading to people losing their minds.

But, tbh, I don't care if he's calling us Everton and not we. We've had players and managers talk about us like we're the great love of their lives and then fuck off without a second thought.

For me it’s his previous comments that remove the benefit of the doubt. Not knowing who we played is just ridiculous. I don’t think he’s a bad guy or anything, just a mercenary who feels no particular attachment to the club. I saw a good point made elsewhere that he’s never played in front of a crowd here and that might contribute to a lack of connection. 

9 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

For me it’s his previous comments that remove the benefit of the doubt. Not knowing who we played is just ridiculous. I don’t think he’s a bad guy or anything, just a mercenary who feels no particular attachment to the club. I saw a good point made elsewhere that he’s never played in front of a crowd here and that might contribute to a lack of connection. 

I understand your point completely mate.

FYI. He’s recently said about how much affection the Everton fans have shown him and that he wants to do well for them.

“Everton play on Monday, if they want to take me I’m ready, I’m looking forward to playing if it’s my turn. 

“I’m very happy because the Everton fans have shown me a lot of affection, if I get to play I’ll play well as always.”

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

how do you know James wants to leave? You keep saying this over and over like it’s a fact. You don’t know what James wants. None of us do. But he hasn’t said he wants to leave. His agent hasn’t said he wants to leave. He’s turned down other offers, they may be lower wages, but if he really wanted to leave surely he would take the pay cut?

nice paraphrasing of Rafas words though. Or making up Rafas words. I’m not sure which is more accurate. 

9 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Why would we say this? It’s clear he wanted to leave. By trying to move him on we were doing what he wished. It’s not a stretch to ask him to show some professionalism. Again, he didn’t even know who we played next. He doesn’t care at all about the club. Publicly making that known, as he has, is an unnecessary distraction. While you’re here you are an Everton player. Behave as such. 

Why is it clear he wanted to leave? And if so why did he turn down the offers he had over the summer?

How do you know he doesn’t care about the club? Based on one sentence when he asked who we were playing at the weekend in a conversation with a fan on Twitch?

Ridiculous assumptions. 

10 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Where has he been quoted though saying he wants to leave?

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

I know im posting a lot here but im catching up after a couple of days away. 

One thing that’s really pissing me off at the moment is that when Rafa got the job I didn’t want him, I still don’t, but he’s here. When voicing my opinion of Rafa earlier in the summer I, and many other blues, were told that we were shit Evertonians for not supporting the manager, for not backing him from day one, for not wanting him anywhere near our club. But I see a player who has done the business for us when fit, got an assist in an Anfield derby win, scored at Old Trafford, brought the club to the attention of the worlds media and opened us up to millions of new fans around the world, but it’s fine to get on his back because “it’s obvious he wants to leave” even though in the many public interactions he’s had this year he hasn’t said so or “hes too lazy to play for us now” or “he earns to much money”. 
Bernard has been our top earner for a few years and did fuck all, no one was on his case. 
Every single supporter who’s on James case and giving him shit, every single one of you was made up when he played that ball through to Richarlison. When we were winning games under Carlo and he was doing things we haven’t seen in a blue shirt for a long time no one was complaining then. That doesn’t suit the argument anymore though. 

That’s the hammer driving the nail into the timber in one shot right there.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I know im posting a lot here but im catching up after a couple of days away. 

One thing that’s really pissing me off at the moment is that when Rafa got the job I didn’t want him, I still don’t, but he’s here. When voicing my opinion of Rafa earlier in the summer I, and many other blues, were told that we were shit Evertonians for not supporting the manager, for not backing him from day one, for not wanting him anywhere near our club. But I see a player who has done the business for us when fit, got an assist in an Anfield derby win, scored at Old Trafford, brought the club to the attention of the worlds media and opened us up to millions of new fans around the world, but it’s fine to get on his back because “it’s obvious he wants to leave” even though in the many public interactions he’s had this year he hasn’t said so or “hes too lazy to play for us now” or “he earns to much money”. 
Bernard has been our top earner for a few years and did fuck all, no one was on his case. 
Every single supporter who’s on James case and giving him shit, every single one of you was made up when he played that ball through to Richarlison. When we were winning games under Carlo and he was doing things we haven’t seen in a blue shirt for a long time no one was complaining then. That doesn’t suit the argument anymore though. 

When he started posting shit on the media and muddying the waters after Ancelotti left,  why should Evertonian’s accept some of the things he’s said and done. We are a piss in the ocean on this site when it comes to the number of fans who follow Everton and use forums to voice their opinions many aren’t of your opinion, the player you talk about isn’t the player we have now the player you talk about changed as soon as Ancelotti walked out. 

56 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When he started posting shit on the media and muddying the waters after Ancelotti left,  why should Evertonian’s accept some of the things he’s said and done. We are a piss in the ocean on this site when it comes to the number of fans who follow Everton and use forums to voice their opinions many aren’t of your opinion, the player you talk about isn’t the player we have now the player you talk about changed as soon as Ancelotti walked out

Again, that’s opinion not fact

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

When he started posting shit on the media and muddying the waters after Ancelotti left,  why should Evertonian’s accept some of the things he’s said and done. We are a piss in the ocean on this site when it comes to the number of fans who follow Everton and use forums to voice their opinions many aren’t of your opinion, the player you talk about isn’t the player we have now the player you talk about changed as soon as Ancelotti walked out. 

Please show me what he posted. Please show me how he muddied the waters. Please show me the things he has said and done. 

Can I ask a genuine question? For those banging on about wages, if you took that out of the equation, what would your opinion be?

Personally, I'd still be ecstatic that we've got one of the most talented footballers I've ever seen, never mind in a blue shirt, who's got a huge market impact for Everton and says and shows he's happy pretty much all the time. I wish he would defend more, and when we don't have someone who can pick up his slack, he gets dropped without question. But if we've got someone who can take up the extra work, he's still my number 10 simply because he can and will score and create with ease, especially now we have willing runners. 

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

Please show me what he posted. Please show me how he muddied the waters. Please show me the things he has said and done. 

Don’t think he actually posted any of it. must have been when a few TTs visited him on his yacht! They may have videoed it on their phones though 😉

Im going to do what I always do, judge him on the pitch. Up to this point he has been our best player when on the pitch. If he comes on and plays well I will judge him accordingly, if he comes on and looks disinterested…. I’ll judge him accordingly.

Good to see that every person here has agreed that his talent is far from average now though! 

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

Steve they’ve been posted on here and talked about enough, like everyone no matter what side of the divide you are on you will choose to dismiss or accept what ever suits your beliefs, same for you same for me. I been asked to show evidence of what I read when I have it’s been dismissed out of question, but I have to some how accept what they believe and post is gospel. 

45 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Steve they’ve been posted on here and talked about enough, like everyone no matter what side of the divide you are on you will choose to dismiss or accept what ever suits your beliefs, same for you same for me. I been asked to show evidence of what I read when I have it’s been dismissed out of question, but I have to some how accept what they believe and post is gospel. 

No, they haven’t been posted here. It’s all just fan opinion and nothing from the man himself other than saying he wants to play where he is wanted and asking his fans on twitch who we were playing that weekend. Apart from that one comment when he didn’t know who we were playing, but then realised when told it was Leeds, what other comments has he made? There aren’t any. 

You’ve been asked to show evidence of what you’ve read. But what you’ve read is also just other fans opinions. And you have taken that as gospel. It’s dismissed out of question because it’s just someone’s opinion being talked about like it’s fact. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can I ask a genuine question? For those banging on about wages, if you took that out of the equation, what would your opinion be?

Personally, I'd still be ecstatic that we've got one of the most talented footballers I've ever seen, never mind in a blue shirt, who's got a huge market impact for Everton and says and shows he's happy pretty much all the time. I wish he would defend more, and when we don't have someone who can pick up his slack, he gets dropped without question. But if we've got someone who can take up the extra work, he's still my number 10 simply because he can and will score and create with ease, especially now we have willing runners. 

Wages haven’t been my main issue with him, I’ve discussed his wages because they have been the stumbling block for him still being here, for the reasons that Rafa was depending on them to bring in a player who actually might want to be here and improve the team. 
He has got ability I haven’t and never would say he hasn’t, but are his flashes of that enough to warrant a place in any team Zadan and Rafa don’t think so I don’t think so, let’s forget about the  wants and needs of individuals and concentrate and the team’s wants and needs. And ask ourselves does the team need him does he fit into the team, would what we know about him now improve the team or would he take away from the team. My opinion is he takes away from the ethos of the team working for each other, yes there are going to be times when we will miss his ability but imo and it seems the managers they won’t out way the times the team needs him to to roll his sleeves up and do some of the dirty work. Rafa has said he has to change and fit into the team and until he shows that change in attitude he’s not getting a game, and if we believe what Ancelotti said in a TV interview when he said I can’t ask James to go back and help defend because he won’t do it, then I don’t think we will see him playing anytime soon if that attitude remains today. And let’s be honest our possession in the games we have played has been in the region of 35-40% and we have worked hard and defended as a team, and when we’ve won the ball back we’ve attacked at pace how does he fit into the team that is successful playing that way admittedly early days of course, but who do you drop for him and can you trust him to take on the work load of the player he replaces, remembering the team isn’t going to change to suit him he has to change to suit the team. I maybe a dinosaur in my views but I’ve been in and around professional football bar Ancelotti I’ve never known or heard of manager saying I can’t ask him to go back and help defend he won’t do it. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

You’ve been asked to show evidence of what you’ve read. But what you’ve read is also just other fans opinions. And you have taken that as gospel. It’s dismissed out of question because it’s just someone’s opinion being talked about like it’s fact. 

Most of the stuff posted on here is opinions even if taken from the media. 
When it was reported by the media that he said he didn’t know who we were playing next, nearly all his supporters on here dismissed it as rubbish know evidence some even said if he said that he can fuck off, then the evidence comes out with him actually saying it and a slightly different stance takes place.  I’ll believe what I want and say what I want and if it doesn’t fall inline with your beliefs and the player you think he is then tough fucking shit mate.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Most of the stuff posted on here is opinions even if taken from the media. 
When it was reported by the media that he said he didn’t know who we were playing next, nearly all his supporters on here dismissed it as rubbish know evidence some even said if he said that he can fuck off, then the evidence comes out with him actually saying it and a slightly different stance takes place.  I’ll believe what I want and say what I want and if it doesn’t fall inline with your beliefs and the player you think he is then tough fucking shit mate.  

After what was quoted from them comments was actually listened to and with a bit of context people’s views changed. 

You can keep believing everything you read, but you only believe the bits you read that suit your own agenda. So there is no point in you even reading it. I’m pretty sure if James did anything or said anything that was actually worth getting mad about then us who have defended him will turn on him. But if he came out and said he wants to fight for his place and turned down moves away because of that, I doubt you would take the blinkers off. 

If he starts to play now, and does a good job for the team, I hope you give him the support he deserves, just like any other player.