IGNORED

Wolves ( Away ) 12 July

Btay

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Shithouses at sky never picked out that Gylfi should have been in front of the goalscorer.....

They did mention it on one occasion but in fairness to them there was so much poor play to point out from so many they haven’t got enough coverage time. 

That should be the last time we see Sigurdssen in an Everton shirt. Put him on gardening leave and make a point to the others that it is completely unacceptable. 

Ancelotti needs to check what he was thinking as Michael Keane on the right side was never gonna work.

That was quite possibly as bad as I have seen us since Allardyce. We were just completely picked apart by an organised Wolves side and we had no answers.

I have sympathy in the injuries in the side and the quick turnarounds but we had no idea how to play in the 532. The players were just all over the shop.

Pickford is in a terrible run of form and he knows it. His confidence has gone. I am concerned that when a keeper loses that 'invincibility' edge that they never recover from it.

Keane was OK, Mina looked to be carrying a problem even before he went off, Digne had a mixed game. Silly challenge for the penalty but generally played well. Coleman came on and did well but Baines must feel as though as if he has been left out to dry by the manager. Terrible tactic to have him play LWB like that.

I won't talk about Davies and Siggy because I don't have the words, but Gordon looked bright again. He does show something in each game he plays but he can't build on it. I'd like to see him in a better side.

The front two might as well have not played. Richarlison did OK in dropping in but Wolves were all over him. DCL just didn't get a kick but didn't work hard enough for it either. When he did get a chance the response was lacklustre.

The subs were a mixed bag. Branthwaite had a terrible start but he didn't shrink. Iwobi and Bernard came on and showed some life. They took up some really good positions, they tried to link defence to attack but in Bernard's case in particular it never came off. I'd imagine his pass completion rate was probably less than 25%. Kean came on and suffered the same fate as DCL. Not much to go off but when he did he fucked it up.

To sum it unit, it was the type of performance that makes me question whether I bother watching the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Did martinez not finish in the lowest position we'd finished in for 9 years two seasons on the bounce? Or did we forget that? 

He did but his team could score goals and string passes together, he needed to sort the defence out and learn how to lock up shop when we were 2-0 up. 
Can this team score goals or pass the ball?

It will be interesting at the end of the season to compare stats from Martinez then to this now, £300m plus later  

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We shouldn’t have sacked Martinez, he played the best football since Moyes left, with a fraction of the money spent since he left he would have done better than anyone we’ve had since. 

Should have have him another year. 

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Should have have him another year. 

We should have mate, gave a another year   him a bit of money not a kings ransom like we gave to Koeman to piss up against the wall.

But months before Moshiri took over, he had already lined up Koeman and decided to sack Martinez before he’d even had a conversation with him, and the rest is history.

Just now, barryj said:

They did mention it on one occasion but in fairness to them there was so much poor play to point out from so many they haven’t got enough coverage time. 

It felt wrong to me.  BBC twatted about it... I replied they were wrong to do that especially gylfi should have been in front....

Tweet deleted. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We should have mate, gave a another year   him a bit of money not a kings ransom like we gave to Koeman to piss up against the wall.

But months before Moshiri took over, he had already lined up Koeman and decided to sack Martinez before he’d even had a conversation with him, and the rest is history.

He had a year too long. His second season he went more direct after a bad patch but instead of learning from it reverted back to his tippy tappy philosophy. Pep come over here and was found out with that shite style of football, but he adapted and city now play the best football in the league. Martinez just need to let go of his Barca love. 

19 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That should be the last time we see Sigurdssen in an Everton shirt. Put him on gardening leave and make a point to the others that it is completely unacceptable. 

Ancelotti needs to check what he was thinking as Michael Keane on the right side was never gonna work.

He's being played out of position in a role he isn't comfortable with. He hasn't been good enough but making an example of him because he isn't making enough tackles or scoring enough goals is unfair. I actually feel sorry for him. 

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's being played out of position in a role he isn't comfortable with. He hasn't been good enough but making an example of him because he isn't making enough tackles or scoring enough goals is unfair. I actually feel sorry for him. 

He plays there for his country and tries a lot harder for them. He knows there's no room for him in his old role so he should be trying his best to make his mark to be the centre mid but at one point today I thought I'd missed him being subbed and not for the first time. He's playing like he's knows he's not gonna be here next year so doesn't give a duck. 

Really annoying as our good spell was when he pulled his finger out and started helping the team but that effort only lasted about 10 minutes.

58 minutes ago, Aidan said:

I don't feel sorry for him in the very slightest. Jumped over a tackle last week. Piss poor attitude. Semi retired. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

He had a year too long. His second season he went more direct after a bad patch but instead of learning from it reverted back to his tippy tappy philosophy. Pep come over here and was found out with that shite style of football, but he adapted and city now play the best football in the league. Martinez just need to let go of his 

Pep's philosophy was found out and he changed it? I would love to know specifically how he was found out and what changed.

44 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Pep's philosophy was found out and he changed it? I would love to know specifically how he was found out and what changed.

Check out the Everton game, we beat them 4 nil in his first season. Too much focus on possession. He even said he was having to adapt to English football as it's not enough to win the ball there's a lot more battling so you have to plan for the second. 

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Check out the Everton game, we beat them 4 nil in his first season. Too much focus on possession. He even said he was having to adapt to English football as it's not enough to win the ball there's a lot more battling so you have to plan for the second. 

I said be specific. Please enlighten me because I want to know what part of his philosophy changed? Winning the ball early has always been part of his philosophy.

Without checking the stats I would fairly confidently say they have more possession now than they did then.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I said be specific. Please enlighten me because I want to know what part of his philosophy changed? Winning the ball early has always been part of his philosophy.

Without checking the stats I would fairly confidently say they have more possession now than they did then.

They went more direct, but let's me honest my initial response was enough and you're just being a dick because of the government thread. Expect these games from the likes of haf not yourself. 

Just now, pete0 said:

They went more direct, but let's me honest my initial response was enough and you're just being a dick because of the government thread. Expect these games from the likes of haf not yourself. 

I don't think they have gone more direct, certainly not significantly so. 

I'm 'being a dick' because you are talking out of your arse. I don't care about what you put in the other thread, this is a completely different subject.

I will leave you to it Pete, enjoy your evening.

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

missed the match this morning, slept in.  got the text update and saw 3-0 and just went about my day forgetting it happened.  just watched the highlights.  not pretty.  on to the next.

Good attitude Mark, what’s done is done. You could end up in an asylum trying to get your head round what’s happened with us in the last 6 games. 

Was on a 4 am my time so watched it on a delay.  Can't pretend I didn't know what I was getting into.  Got a notification on my phone, but I'm a masochist I suppose.   

What an abject display.  Have to wonder if Pickford has brought us the Sunderland disease.  Was there a professional on the field today?  Maybe Digne.  Utter utter garbage.  Front three couldn't find each other with a pass all game.  Midfield a black hole again.  For the two of Davies and Gylfi to be our midfield, the kids must be nowhere near the level we need, those two must be among the  slowest players in the premier league.  Did either one put in a proper tackle all game?

How do we fix this?  Going to take some fine trading and dealing by the executives or we'll be at risk of losing Carlo and the few decent players we have.  Can't really see Richarlison and Digne sticking about if we don't seriously challenge next year.