IGNORED

Man of the Match v West Ham (Caraboa Cup)

MikeO

MOTM v West Ham  

29 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Jordan Pickford
    • Jonjoe Kenny
    • Michael Keane
    • Lucas Digne
    • Niels Nkounkou
    • Allan
    • Fabian Delph
    • James Rodríguez
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Seamus Coleman

• MikeO unlocked this topic

DCL for me, when the game was at 2-1 it could have gone one of two ways but he took his two chances well and dragged us into the next round. I'll be honest and say that nobody had a ''bad'' game (Delph included) which meant that picking this would have been hard before Dom decided that he needed another matchball. His work in the first half, along with his link-up play sealed it for me.

James is starting to sound like the lazy choice, but in reality he's just that bloody good. Unbelievable player. 

Allan was immense again - there was one 5-10min passage and I just thought I would hate to be playing against him. He'd make you look so shit the way he nicks the ball of you!!😂

Though Delph had a really good game, always available and very tidy.

Rodriguez - such an unselfish superstar player,  always picks the right pass rather than take on outside chance speculative long range shot. He is just so cool on the ball. I can't get over his consistency. It's not just us Garth Crooks has him in the team of the week every week as well!! 

Keane for bursting forward and producing a Rodriguezesque assist for Dom's first goal - I know new signing have a positive effect, but this is boarding on ridiculous - West ham players must have been thinking - WTF!!! even the centre backs are at it now :) 

An Dom, can't shoot from outside the box - but get him on that 6 yard line and his is taking everything. loved that take down for the first goal. 

Hattrick man gets it.

Thought DCL was our worst player, shows the rest went too bad considering he got a hatrickn although he was reminiscent of Bobby Zamora with those shots at row z.

Opted for Delph.. didn't think I'd say that this season but he ran the midfield. (Lanzini would have been my pick from a neutral point of view, wouldn't mind us poaching him).

Could have gone with DCL for the hattrick. But Rodriguez for me,  when we have the ball and are under pressure - give it him, he buys time. Pings it off to someone who is in space, massive for us to have that. 

He was all over the pitch taking the ball off our players. Ran the show, some of his passes are a joke. He sees balls that no-one else does.

Doucouré was great when he came on and you can see what he brings us. 

Delph will be my choice to replace Allan who is likely to be out for a bit I think. He looked like the player I thought we were getting.