IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Saturday November 7th

markjazzbassist

We will have Digne back and hopefully James as well.  Still no Richarlison (his last match out) and i'm not sure on Coleman.  We need to put something together to stop this losing streak.  It's home i'm hoping we are re-invigorated and have a go.  I don't rate United, i think we should win if we play our game, but we haven't done that in a few matches so we will see.

Pickford

Kenny Mina Keane Digne

Delph

Doucoure      Allan

James       DCL     Bernard

Either Pickford or Olson in goal (probably the latter after today) with a back four of Digne, Keane, Mina and Coleman. Before the game I'd be pulling Yerry to one side and giving him a rocket up his arse, another piss poor performance and we can send out Mason Holgate with one leg working. Allan can drop deep to man-mark Bruno with Doucoure in the middle keeping tabs on Pogba. Sigurdsson (the only midfielder I could pick really, with Gomes in horrendous form) operates box-to-box to feed in James. 

image.png.87fa856824bf5279a5d6faab4567b3c0.png

DCL starts up front with Tosun, the latter dropping deep to win flick-ons for Dom to score from. I'm not over-reacting when I say that I'd have a bench with the likes of Gordon, Brainthwaite and Simms either - we should be planning without the likes of Delph after today's performance, dross should not be accepted and I've got everything crossed that Leeds (or anyone) comes in with an offer in January. £5 and a packet of Skittles and I'd bite your hand off.

Arsenal played them off the park today. Utd changed shape at half time and it didn't help them.

Their threat is on the counter and one of their player could create something out of nothing but they aren't playing cohesively at all which is a big surprise given how well they did at the end of the season. I think their biggest chance against us comes if Pogba doesn't play because he gets in the way. 

We just need to get back to basics. Keep it simple. Hopefully the only miss will be Richarlison so we need to go back to the side that beat Spurs in the opening game with Gordon down the left. 

Im slightly more confident for this game than the last two. There will be a lot more space to play in which will suit us more than the last two games. 

Predicted line up:

Pickford 

Mina Keane

Doucoure Allan Baningime

Siggy Gomes Davies  Delph

Dom

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Im slightly more confident for this game than the last two. There will be a lot more space to play in which will suit us more than the last two games. 

Predicted line up:

Pickford 

Mina Keane

Doucoure Allan Baningime

Siggy Gomes Davies  Delph

Dom

I couldn't tell you how much that formation scares me but I am pretty sure Digne is back for this one as he only had a 1 match ban so I pray that makes you change your mind! 

Edit: I take that back, I see where you are going with this! Don't forget Godfrey can play in midfield too!

As long as we don't give loads of space in behind our backline we will be okay here. Rashford, martial and greenwood would be licking their lips at the opportunity to run against keane and mina. 

Go back to the 4-3-3 and please, please let Gordon play richarlisons role. No need to tweak tactics so much. I'm really not sure on the gomes situation. Im done with gylfi, maybe bernard with doucoure and Allan but the latter needs to keep fernandes under wraps.

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

As long as we don't give loads of space in behind our backline we will be okay here. Rashford, martial and greenwood would be licking their lips at the opportunity to run against keane and mina. 

Go back to the 4-3-3 and please, please let Gordon play richarlisons role. No need to tweak tactics so much. I'm really not sure on the gomes situation. Im done with gylfi, maybe bernard with doucoure and Allan but the latter needs to keep fernandes under wraps.

That 3rd midfield spot is a bit of a conundrum at the moment. Gomes is blowing hot and cold, Siggy is always cold, Bernard has done OK in my opinion when he has come in but he has hardly set the world on fire and he is very slight, especially when you think of the players he might be up against. 

You would think that between the bunch of them, one could hold their own for long enough. 

Good game to try and bounce back from two defeat in. 

Digne and a fit and rested Rodriques being back in the team will have a massive difference. Coleman would be a massive bonus too. 

This game might suit a speedier Gordon, as we will probably be much more counter attacking in this game. 

I'd be tempted to go 442 with Gordon LW and James RW. I'd put Simms up front with DCL. Simms is a big lad and will be an unknown quantity for United. I would trust his exuberance over Tosun's predictability. I would also keep Olsen in goal. If 433, I would put Gordon DCL James up top. Maybe try Iwobi ahead of Doucoure and Allan. See how he does centrally. Bernard and Sigurdsson should not start again. Again, Olsen in goal.  

36 minutes ago, Formby said:

I'd be tempted to go 442 with Gordon LW and James RW. I'd put Simms up front with DCL. Simms is a big lad and will be an unknown quantity for United. I would trust his exuberance over Tosun's predictability. I would also keep Olsen in goal. If 433, I would put Gordon DCL James up top. Maybe try Iwobi ahead of Doucoure and Allan. See how he does centrally. Bernard and Sigurdsson should not start again. Again, Olsen in goal.  

There is no way Simms starts against United.

I hope with James and Digne back the system is more like what we have been seeing at the start of the season.

Carlo doesn't seem to think Gordon is ready to start yet, so I'd imagine we will se Iwobi on that left wing.

These are very, very beatable.

Does anyone know if Coleman is going to be fit?

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

I hope with James and Digne back the system is more like what we have been seeing at the start of the season.

Carlo doesn't seem to think Gordon is ready to start yet, so I'd imagine we will se Iwobi on that left wing.

These are very, very beatable.

Does anyone know if Coleman is going to be fit?

Ancelotti has his fingers crossed over potential returns for Seamus Coleman, the Everton captain recovering from a hamstring problem, and prize asset James Rodriguez, the Colombian forward who sat out the Newcastle game because of a haematoma after three goals and three assists from six Premier League appearances.

from the app

It would be a massive bonus if we got Seamus back as well - He has been very good so far this season, he has really led by example. Get both our backs forward to provide some real width, with Delph/Allan covering them as required. Would be tempted to put a pacy Godfrey in after seeing Mina left for dead on Sunday - United have some quick players. Think this line up would be solid out of possession but should be pretty good as an attacking unit. 

image.png.72be597404d2d1165f89810904a28987.png

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

It would be a massive bonus if we got Seamus back as well - He has been very good so far this season, he has really led by example. Get both our backs forward to provide some real width, with Delph/Allan covering them as required. Would be tempted to put a pacy Godfrey in after seeing Mina left for dead on Sunday - United have some quick players. Think this line up would be solid out of possession but should be pretty good as an attacking unit. 

Agreed on all fronts. Typically very hesitant to 'rush' players back from muscle injuries but if Seamus pulled it again in this game he'd have the intl break to recover and limit games missed. He'd be a huge boost this weekend. Also agree with Godfrey. Utd's pace will be very difficult for Mina especially with Coleman and his bad hammy next to him. Is Godfrey fit? He didn't even make the bench against Newcastle - Branthwaite did. It pains to see Iwobi (and Siggy) out there but he's the best we have to keep the balance of the team. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Will people please stop suggesting Delph to play? He is actually detrimental to the squad. 

with gylfi and gomes doing poorly, delph is the better option if he is the sitter.  he is a nasty bastard who tackles, will press, and can place a 5 yard pass sideways.  i'd rather push allan up with doucoure.  delph is also faster than allan.  i think the below looks good

Delph

Doucoure Allan

James DCL  Gordon

49 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

with gylfi and gomes doing poorly, delph is the better option if he is the sitter.  he is a nasty bastard who tackles, will press, and can place a 5 yard pass sideways.  i'd rather push allan up with doucoure.  delph is also faster than allan.  i think the below looks good

Delph

Doucoure Allan

James DCL  Gordon

He’s a useless bastard who fouls and reverses play or gives it away. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Ancelotti has his fingers crossed over potential returns for Seamus Coleman, the Everton captain recovering from a hamstring problem, and prize asset James Rodriguez, the Colombian forward who sat out the Newcastle game because of a haematoma after three goals and three assists from six Premier League appearances.

from the app

Thanks mate you just did what i was too lazy to do! 😂

Thats good news.