IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Saturday November 7th

markjazzbassist

2 hours ago, Matt said:

:lol: how would you describe him? Teach me oh salty one! :P 

He's a shit stain of a midfielder that not even industrial strength stain remover could do a job on.

If anyone seriously sees him as a progressive midfielder that gets us moving I'd have to question their sanity. He may as well play for the fucking opposition he helps us that little. You know how people jokingly would say "you're a bit Irish" if you said something that was 'backward'? Well, it should now be called being a bit Delph.

And can the shouts of him being an option for LB fucking die please? Because he showed against Newcastle that that just isn't the case. Did he even manage to get a ball into the box?  

36 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's a shit stain of a midfielder that not even industrial strength stain remover could do a job on.

If anyone seriously sees him as a progressive midfielder that gets us moving I'd have to question their sanity. He may as well play for the fucking opposition he helps us that little. You know how people jokingly would say "you're a bit Irish" if you said something that was 'backward'? Well, it should now be called being a bit Delph.

And can the shouts of him being an option for LB fucking die please? Because he showed against Newcastle that that just isn't the case. Did he even manage to get a ball into the box?  

Must admit mate - his crossing was dire and I don’t want to see him at left back.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think the question is answered with another; did he pass it into their half once?

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

But he can barely do that. He actively ignores runners. His tackles nearly always end in a foul. He pretty much plays for the opposition

i forgot we had tom davies.  so let me ammend my lineup

olsen

coleman keane godfrey digne

allan

doucoure davies

james         DCL       Gordon

my reasoning of having Delph in the starting line up is to just provide at little additional cover at the back and particular on the left when we are pushing forward (he has to do little more than press uniteds midfielders and provide reliable cover for a Utd  side that can break fast), to give Digne that little more confidence to get forward - Digne getting forward and crossing balls in is going to be one of our most potent attacking options. I wouldn't be looking to Delph to making us tick in midfield - his main purpose would be to help snub out any speedy Utd counter attacks, even with the occasional timely cynical foul if that is what is need be. Allan and then Rodriquez can be the progressive passers in the middle of the park, even Iwobi, as he also likes to pass if forward (if he doesn't lose it!!). Allan is able to pick out a decent pass and if having Delph in the starting line up actual allows Allan to try steal the ball or break up play further up the pitch, then I would rather see Delph in the starting line up set to allowing Allan to press slightly further up - its not like we as desperately trying to shoe horn Gomes or Gyfi in the starting line up at the moment because they have been playing great and will open Man U up time and time again. 

Man U might not be playing great as a team at the moment - but they have quality players than can punish you. Utd will have plenty of the ball - and we need plenty on the pitch that will press and harass them when they are in possession. After playing tonight in Istanbul - this united team will be getting pretty fatigued after an hour or so Saturday if we are in their faces all game. Delph will work United a lot harder for that first hour of the game than either Gomes or Gylfi will.

Good time to be playing  - massive pressure on them, they will be fairly drained physically and mentally after chasing last nights game from the 12min, but still getting beat by the weakest team in their group.  OLG under increasing pressure, you wonder if the players will be up for saving his job, or possibly content in seeing him put out of his misery. Their players might just be looking for the international break to come - and coming back to a fresh start, possibly with a new manager when they come back. 

It is a game that Ancelloti and the team should be smelling blood in, so should be getting at them from the off and not allowing them to get going at all. 

15 hours ago, RuffRob said:

my reasoning of having Delph in the starting line up is to just provide at little additional cover at the back and particular on the left when we are pushing forward (he has to do little more than press uniteds midfielders and provide reliable cover for a Utd  side that can break fast),

But he doesn't. He's a defensive player that isn't actually very good at it. In fact, he makes Mina look like a master of defending.

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

123600248_3297963660314627_1241351426280

Are we the team that ends up being managers last the most? Ancelotti and Moyes spring to mind.

Any how, personally hope he keeps the job after we beat them. 

I know it'd be great for us if he stays on (he never should have got that job permanently) but I do love us being the grim reaper and being the end of managers.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

But he doesn't. He's a defensive player that isn't actually very good at it. In fact, he makes Mina look like a master of defending.

Nah, disagree with you - he is the best option we have at the moment (until hopefully Gbmin is fit enough) that would allow Doucoure and Allan to play slightly further up the field  (particularly Doucoure)  - we are not making the most of Doucoure's assets at the moment with him playing deeper that what he normally did when at Watford. Like I said Gomes and Gylfi have hardly made themselves indispensable in the midfield, so if bringing in Delph allow us to potential better exploit the energy and power of Doucoure and passing ability of Allan (as well as their ability to press the opponents) a little further up the field I would happy to see Ancelloti doing this against Man U. We know Delph isn't a left back, but he has experience of covering this side of the field defensively, so it does give Digne a little more of a licence to push forward - Digne is giving us more quality going forward than Gomes or Gyfi are doing at the moment. 

My playing of Delph is more about getting the good performances for others in the team rather than out of Delph himself - I can put up with Delph getting 5 or 6 out of 10 in order to seeing solid 7 and 8 or even a 9 out of 10 performances from Doucoure, Allan and Digne as I would see these three player that would benefit from Delph's inclusion in the starting 11. 

I could see a different argument (Allan and Doucoure sitting deep) if two or three out of Gomes, Gylfi, Iwob and Bernard where in great form and you wanted them on the pitch - but they are not.

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Nah, disagree with you - he is the best option we have at the moment (until hopefully Gbmin is fit enough) that would allow Doucoure and Allan to play slightly further up the field  (particularly Doucoure)  - we are not making the most of Doucoure's assets at the moment with him playing deeper that what he normally did when at Watford. Like I said Gomes and Gylfi have hardly made themselves indispensable in the midfield, so if bringing in Delph allow us to potential better exploit the energy and power of Doucoure and passing ability of Allan (as well as their ability to press the opponents) a little further up the field I would happy to see Ancelloti doing this against Man U. We know Delph isn't a left back, but he has experience of covering this side of the field defensively, so it does give Digne a little more of a licence to push forward - Digne is giving us more quality going forward than Gomes or Gyfi are doing at the moment. 

My playing of Delph is more about getting the good performances for others in the team rather than out of Delph himself - I can put up with Delph getting 5 or 6 out of 10 in order to seeing solid 7 and 8 or even a 9 out of 10 performances from Doucoure, Allan and Digne as I would see these three player that would benefit from Delph's inclusion in the starting 11. 

I could see a different argument (Allan and Doucoure sitting deep) if two or three out of Gomes, Gylfi, Iwob and Bernard where in great form and you wanted them on the pitch - but they are not.

He won't help to get the best out of anyone because him playing causes more problems than he solves. I would not feel comfortable at all having him cover for anyone, in any position on the pitch.

I agree with you that Gomes and Gylfi aren't helping either, and I really don't know where we look in terms of the midfield to be honest because the options aren't good. We need to get our best players on the pitch as much as possible and hope that we can get to the next transfer window still in and around where we need to be. Hopefully Gbamin will be back then and can show he can contribute, or we go into the market for a player (maybe get Gbamin back AND bring a player in).

Delph, though, no! 🤢

35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He won't help to get the best out of anyone because him playing causes more problems than he solves. I would not feel comfortable at all having him cover for anyone, in any position on the pitch.

I agree with you that Gomes and Gylfi aren't helping either, and I really don't know where we look in terms of the midfield to be honest because the options aren't good. We need to get our best players on the pitch as much as possible and hope that we can get to the next transfer window still in and around where we need to be. Hopefully Gbamin will be back then and can show he can contribute, or we go into the market for a player (maybe get Gbamin back AND bring a player in).

Delph, though, no! 🤢

It sounds like you have a very particular axe to grind against Delph, a near hatred of the fella, so we will have to agree to disagree on what he can and can't bring (ahead of others in the squad) to a particular team set up. He's not going to be suitable for every game. He can defend/battle better in midfield than Gomes/Gyfl and even Davies (as your deep lying midfielder), and Man U do have some talented midfielders/forward that will defend against. (the bookies still have united favourites to win the game!!) so lets not kid ourselves we are not going to have to still work very hard to win this game. 

You have a tendency to become somewhat blinkered by some players and its all very black and white. I am pretty sure he wouldn't have got near a pitch in either Man City, Everton or even England if he was as useless in all department as you so angrily make out - he has been selected to play by some pretty astute managers. 

I am not making out that Delph is a great player, he does have his limitations - but he is nowhere near as 'useless' as you like make out. Getting angry and name calling in posts doesn't validate or back up your arguments at all about any player, if anything is detract from them. 

My main concern about Delph is he has stopped playing any kind of football that is advantageous, he now takes only the easy options, always backwards and sideways.

So if anything goes wrong its not his fault, but by doing this he is no help to the team at all, he used to win tackles and drive forward, not any more.

He now runs to the CB gets the ball and gives it to the FB, not what we signed him for, IMO. I can do that at 67 years young.

On another note why since the web site changed,why do we now go to page 1 of a topic, before the change you used to go to the last page you looked at, on that topic?  

Let's just say the only courageous midfielders we have are Allan, Doucoure, Davies....

Gomes, Gylfi, Delph like to pass..... when I say pass I mean literally pass responsibility to someone else to maybe try a forward ball or run with it..  Delph less so maybe. 

Michael Kean makes more progressive plays than that lot I just mentioned and he's a centre half. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It sounds like you have a very particular axe to grind against Delph, a near hatred of the fella, so we will have to agree to disagree on what he can and can't bring (ahead of others in the squad) to a particular team set up. He's not going to be suitable for every game. He can defend/battle better in midfield than Gomes/Gyfl and even Davies (as your deep lying midfielder), and Man U do have some talented midfielders/forward that will defend against. (the bookies still have united favourites to win the game!!) so lets not kid ourselves we are not going to have to still work very hard to win this game. 

You have a tendency to become somewhat blinkered by some players and its all very black and white. I am pretty sure he wouldn't have got near a pitch in either Man City, Everton or even England if he was as useless in all department as you so angrily make out - he has been selected to play by some pretty astute managers. 

I am not making out that Delph is a great player, he does have his limitations - but he is nowhere near as 'useless' as you like make out. Getting angry and name calling in posts doesn't validate or back up your arguments at all about any player, if anything is detract from them. 

The only axe I have to grind against Delph is that he’s a terrible player, no hatred towards him at all. But thanks for the psychoanalysis, you have truly arrived on TT now. I never wanted him here and all my fears about him when we were linked have come to pass. He’s just not good enough and never was. 

Rating a player or not does tend to be black or white. I don’t rate him. End of story.

Getting angry and name calling also doesn’t invalidate my arguments. But, Rob, here’s the thing. I really couldn’t care less whether you, or anyone else, agrees with my posting style or my language. I don’t post here for any sort of validation. They’re my opinions and I own them. You do you and I’ll keep doing me. 

2 hours ago, Tonsta said:

On another note why since the web site changed,why do we now go to page 1 of a topic, before the change you used to go to the last page you looked at, on that topic? 

If you click on the star (or circle if you've not posted in the thread) icon to the left of any thread title it'll take you to your last unread post in that thread. If the icon is pale there's nothing new to you in it.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The only axe I have to grind against Delph is that he’s a terrible player, no hatred towards him at all. But thanks for the psychoanalysis, you have truly arrived on TT now. I never wanted him here and all my fears about him when we were linked have come to pass. He’s just not good enough and never was. 

Rating a player or not does tend to be black or white. I don’t rate him. End of story.

Getting angry and name calling also doesn’t invalidate my arguments. But, Rob, here’s the thing. I really couldn’t care less whether you, or anyone else, agrees with my posting style or my language. I don’t post here for any sort of validation. They’re my opinions and I own them. You do you and I’ll keep doing me. 

I arrived on TT way back in 2004, when it truly was 'For the Thinking Evertonian' but there is also plenty of room 'For the Ranting Evertonian' as well. That's the joy of social media everybody has a voice.

Like you said each to there own style as life would be boring if we where all the same view and  expressed the same way.

The only reason that Delph was picked up at Manchester City was because he's English and went along with their home grown quota - the exact same reason Barkley signed for Chelsea and the likes of Richard Wright, Jack Rodwell and Scott Carson ended up there too.

Had they been born anywhere else, they wouldn't have gone to the clubs that they did.

44 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I arrived on TT way back in 2004, when it truly was 'For the Thinking Evertonian' but there is also plenty of room 'For the Ranting Evertonian' as well. That's the joy of social media everybody has a voice.

Like you said each to there own style as life would be boring if we where all the same view and  expressed the same way.

I'm more of an onion. I can rant with the best of them when there's something to rant about but I can be eloquent as well. I use the words shit, fuck, cunt, dick head etc not because I don't have a good vocabulary but because I want to. Pigeon-holing is rubbish.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm more of an onion. I can rant with the best of them when there's something to rant about but I can be eloquent as well. I use the words shit, fuck, cunt, dick head etc not because I don't have a good vocabulary but because I want to. Pigeon-holing is rubbish.

Eloquent?! :rofl: 

:P