IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Saturday November 7th

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

I am a defender converted from a keeper and if you don't go to the front post in the situation and cover that area you are doing something wrong. Its one of the most important positions to get into as a defender from balls into the box. Its then the other centre back and full backs job to tuck in and cover the space. Holgate can see everything that is happening in front of him. Keane can't. 

Plenty others involved in what led to the goal but that one error is on Holgate and not Keane.

Keane is there to stop any balls getting into the box at the front post. If it goes over him its the other players responsibility. The only argument against Keane would be if he was too far ahead of the front post in my opinion which I too would have to check again! ;)

Yeah I understand that. I don’t think United even had a centre forward in the box so I didn’t get why we started with such a deep block there. It all happens so quick so it’s hard to get positioning perfect, half a step can cost a goal and I believe that’s the case here. More disappointed that no ones even challenging him that close to our goal.

Just now, Bailey said:

I am a defender converted from a keeper and if you don't go to the front post in the situation and cover that area you are doing something wrong. Its one of the most important positions to get into as a defender from balls into the box. Its then the other centre back and full backs job to tuck in and cover the space. Holgate can see everything that is happening in front of him. Keane can't. 

Plenty others involved in what led to the goal but that one error is on Holgate and not Keane.

Keane is there to stop any balls getting into the box at the front post. If it goes over him its the other players responsibility. The only argument against Keane would be if he was too far ahead of the front post in my opinion which I too would have to check again! ;)

Sorry mate, can’t agree with you there. Two central defenders should be closing the holes for me. Full backs should be stopping balls coming in. 

Keane for me should have been eyeing his shoulder (like you would have) and made sure he is just in front of the nearest player. That way he doesn’t give a free header, and he is in position to stop the all coming in. 

But again that’s how I see it. Not going to argue with your opinion, just not gonna agree either 😉

We concede goals that's what we've done all season bar the Spurs game, what we do best is score goals with fast transition through the middle to the front, not today Doucoure and Gylfi piss poor for me in possession just sideways and back passes, because they haven't made a decision were the balls going before they receive both fucking clueless pricks, they are slowing us down it's killing us. 

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No mate. Surely a central defender can see there is no player on front of him, so he needs to close up? Holgate should be behind ready for a second player, or the loose ball. 
Defenders should always be looking at their triangles and never play solo. 

Keanes position was not doing anything.

Just my view though.

No definitely not IMO. Strikers are told to get in front of the CB at the front post and in those split seconds the front post CB can be spending too much time looking behind him. He has to cover the space first and that way he stops the majority of balls even getting into the front post. 

From that point the rest of the team react. 

As I have alluded to before, my view is that the communication between several players is crap. Allan and Keane don't pick up Rashford to start with (you can bet Mina would have been all over Rashford rightly or wrongly), James and Coleman then arent talking enough to mark the two Utd attackers, then Allan, Keane and Holgate aren't working together well enough to pick up Rashford in the box. 

Its similar type of problems for the first goal too IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

@Bailey I’ve watched it and I think holgates occupied by martial. I still think Keanes a few yards away from where he needs to be. 

Second goal, Holgates off the pace but it’s just one of those freak balls that creep in.

Watching the replays you can see it clearly can’t you. Seems the studio agree with you also mate.

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Good point though.... the experts in the studio 😉 are also saying Keane is in no land.

Ferdinand is saying Keane is to far forward and should be backing up there, while Holgate has his eye on Martial, but could also close up.

Not my opinion, just one of the premier leagues best ever defenders 😉

You can't excuse Holgate for not reacting to the immediate danger, but your right about Keane. 

Just watching the first goal back. Think Keane probably was too far ahead of front post and Holgate was pinned by Martial, Digne the same. 

Second goal was similar in truth. I think Keane should move more towards the front post as he is ahead of it but it wouldn't have mattered. Holgate definitely had to cover on that occasion. 

I would say I was wrong on the first and right on the second. As I said subsequently though, plenty of errors throughout that led to the goal. Personally I think Keane should have stepped into Rashford but he bottled it and the midfield needed to stop the passes into him as well. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

No definitely not IMO. Strikers are told to get in front of the CB at the front post and in those split seconds the front post CB can be spending too much time looking behind him. He has to cover the space first and that way he stops the majority of balls even getting into the front post. 

From that point the rest of the team react. 

As I have alluded to before, my view is that the communication between several players is crap. Allan and Keane don't pick up Rashford to start with (you can bet Mina would have been all over Rashford rightly or wrongly), James and Coleman then arent talking enough to mark the two Utd attackers, then Allan, Keane and Holgate aren't working together well enough to pick up Rashford in the box. 

Its similar type of problems for the first goal too IMO. 

Agree with a lot of that mate. I think the communication is terrible at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Btay said:

@Bailey I’ve watched it and I think holgates occupied by martial. I still think Keanes a few yards away from where he needs to be. 

Second goal, Holgates off the pace but it’s just one of those freak balls that creep in.

Yeo just posted, agree with you &  @Shukes on first, Holgate should be doing more on the second. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Just watching the first goal back. Think Keane probably was too far ahead of front post and Holgate was pinned by Martial, Digne the same. 

Second goal was similar in truth. I think Keane should move more towards the front post as he is ahead of it but it wouldn't have mattered. Holgate definitely had to cover on that occasion. 

I would say I was wrong on the first and right on the second. As I said subsequently though, plenty of errors throughout that led to the goal. Personally I think Keane should have stepped into Rashford but he bottled it and the midfield needed to stop the passes into him as well. 

Absolutely agree mate.

Hopefully we don't have anymore discussions over shit defending this game...

The worrying thing in that first half is just how much they have bossed us. This is 3 games in a row now. 

Utd look a different side without Pogba and they just set up a lot better without him. We will need to be a lot more aggressive now which will leave us exposed to their counter which plays into their hands. 

An early goal is hugely important.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I would agree with that. The second goal was a series of bad decisions, or rather non decisions.