IGNORED

Manchester United (Home) Saturday November 7th

markjazzbassist

We need better players in depth we are going nowhere if we have to rely on players like Gylfi and Doucoure to get us going forward, they just aren't up to the task and challenges of the premier league, Carlo do your magic and get more of your old boys in. And Brands keep the fuck out of first team buys I'm sure Doucoure would have been your suggestion, stick with finding youngsters for the future. 

Well thank fuck that's over. Not sure what people are complaining about Pickford spilling the ball, he's pushed even if it is slightly. But hey, it's an easy finger to point. I'm not going to bother talking about the rest for now.

Each game since the last international break has infuriated me and I find myself getting more and more annoyed with Richarlison who has cost us at least 6 points with that stupid tackle. Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't rely on him as much as we clearly do and the rest of the team should be doing so much better. But he would've had a field day against that United team and Newcastle.

Coleman tried, Bernard looked good for stretches with Digne. Allan probably MOTM. Don't want to talk about the rest

In some ways I think we were a little unlucky to come against a Utd side that actually had the right players in the right position but the truth is, they were functional rather than good, and we were lacklustre. They let us have the ball in the second half and aside from that late Doucoure chance they had better opportunities than us. 

In terms of our performances the only notable one was Allan over the 90 minutes. Bernard was good in the first half, Digne was ok until he tried to cross the ball and DCL probably did as well as expected with the touches he had. 

Coleman tried hard but the quality was dreadful, enough has been said about Keane and Holgate, Pickford too. Siggy was just ineffective and Doucoure couldn't put his stamp on the game. James had little involvement and Bernard in the second half was anonymous. 

In respect of the subs, Iwobi did well but Tosun didn't really do anything right. 

It remains to be seen how much Richarlison helps. Some signs were there before his suspension but at least we were scoring goals then. We need to find a way to stop conceding first. 

Got out-hustled by a team that played in Turkey Wed, long flight back.  They had more energy, spirit, precision passing long and short, organized defense.

Our players — I have been a fan of Sigurdsson, but he’s too passive, too slow.  A vice-captain, so something good there.  He can’t start next match.  Bernard is 60-minute player, tops.  Is James wasted on left?  Iwobi looked good today, but not often.  I’m wondering about Doucouré.  He’s important physical presence, but no shotmaking.  Some thought Coleman not up to it today, but I thought he fought hard, showed some pace past his man on right, at least first half.  He did not back off from hard, hard physical play.  Good for him.

No confidence in Pickford.  Prefer Olson next match.  I’ll assume Holgate will be stronger, alert after international break.   Allan easily our top player today.

We need goals, as our central defense is not dependable.  I’m desperate enough to give Tosun a chance with DCL and Richarlison.

Against Fulham.....

Olson

Mina               Keane              Holgate

Coleman              Allan                  Digne

Tosun             James           Richarlison

DCL

We need goals.  Defense not dependable.

1 hour ago, milesey05 said:

Haven’t even tested DeGea this half. 

Whole game. We had just the one shot on target. 

as I said before the game I wouldn’t start holgate. Carlo deserves blame there. Also why switch their positions? Keane has been LCB all season and Holgate is right footed. At least leave Keane where he’s been comfortable. 

allan’s display in the 2nd half is one of the most impressive 45 mins of football I’ve ever seen. He was everywhere and did everything. Just not enough quality around him today unfortunately. 

44 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Whole game. We had just the one shot on target. 

as I said before the game I wouldn’t start holgate. Carlo deserves blame there. Also why switch their positions? Keane has been LCB all season and Holgate is right footed. At least leave Keane where he’s been comfortable. 

allan’s display in the 2nd half is one of the most impressive 45 mins of football I’ve ever seen. He was everywhere and did everything. Just not enough quality around him today unfortunately. 

I think Keane is better on the right and when they played last season it was that way round. I think its because Holgate is more two footed. 

In some ways I think Carlo was damned both ways. Mina fucks up the calls would be to play Holgate. Holgate fucks up the calls are to play Mina. 

He certainly looked like a player who has been out of the side and even his longer passing was quite average as well. 

Well, it looked like we'd sorted our midfield out but after these three games it looks like we're still weak there. While Allan improved in the second half today he's looked massively off the pace for two and half games now. I don't even know what role Doucoure is playing - is he sitting? Is he the attacker of the three? Is he box to box? Gylfi is Gylfi (read, utter shite) and his highlight of the game was to point to someone else to get Fernandes just before he scored the equaliser. These three neither protected the defence nor got us moving forward. It just another inept performance.

Keane and Holgate looked like they'd never played together before. Coleman put effort in at least but he was inviting Rashford on to his stronger foot all game long. What the fuck is that about?!

James was invisible. I don't think he'd have played in any of the past 3 games if it wasn't for Richarlison being out because he doesn't look fit.

Felt sorry for DCL because he had pretty much nothing to work with again. Where is all the support that we were giving him earlier in the season? We swarmed up the pitch constantly but now he's like the lone ranger up there. We were far too slow and pedestrian in possession.

Digne and Bernard are the only ones who looked like they knew how to attack and if anything was going to happen it was going to be through these two.

I'll say something though - I am so glad I enjoyed our start to the season to the absolute max.

very disappointed today. Rodrigues was as bad today as he was good in September - He is our creative player (and what a player his is) but just didn't create very much at all today. 

Was today the best day for the first time pairing of Keane and Holgate at the back? - Given the goals we conceded it would suggest not. they looked like a pairing that hadn't played together for a while. Think most of us where surprised to see Holgate starting. 

Coleman, Allan, DCL and maybe Iwobi off the bench where the only players who can come away today would played anywhere near their ability. 

Even though Liverpool lost Van Dyke after the derby - I think in the end with suspensions, our own injuries,  negative Pickford press and subsequent dip in form on the back of this we have ended up coming away from that game worse off as it seems to have been the catalyst for this bad run. 1 point out of 12 not great :(

We where great before the last International break - an we have mostly stunk since coming back and the eventful Derby game. Lets hope this International break has the opposite effect, we know there is a good team in there.  

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

What's the plan without Richarlison? Why's the best manager we've had in my lifetime picking Gylfi Sigurdsson. 

Also think we've let Walcott go too early. Three assists in three games playing in a system. Without Richy we don't seem to have a system.

This is a big concern. Richarlison is a very good player but we shouldn't be as poor as we have been without him. I think its an easy excuse. 

We still conceded plenty of goals with him in the side. We were still very average against Palace and Liverpool with him playing as well. We weren't brilliant overall against Brighton either but we converted our chances that day. 

Richarlison is a pain for opposition sides in both attack and defence but the other 10 players, whoever they are, need to be doing a lot better as a group. 

4 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Got out-hustled by a team that played in Turkey Wed, long flight back.  They had more energy, spirit, precision passing long and short, organized defense.

Our players — I have been a fan of Sigurdsson, but he’s too passive, too slow.  A vice-captain, so something good there.  He can’t start next match.  Bernard is 60-minute player, tops.  Is James wasted on left?  Iwobi looked good today, but not often.  I’m wondering about Doucouré.  He’s important physical presence, but no shotmaking.  Some thought Coleman not up to it today, but I thought he fought hard, showed some pace past his man on right, at least first half.  He did not back off from hard, hard physical play.  Good for him.

No confidence in Pickford.  Prefer Olson next match.  I’ll assume Holgate will be stronger, alert after international break.   Allan easily our top player today.

We need goals, as our central defense is not dependable.  I’m desperate enough to give Tosun a chance with DCL and Richarlison.

Against Fulham.....

Olson

Mina               Keane              Holgate

Coleman              Allan                  Digne

Tosun             James           Richarlison

DCL

We need goals.  Defense not dependable.

Tosun 🤷‍♂️ I assume that’s a joke? He was woeful when he came on. 

I still can’t get my head around the fact Gordon is nowhere near the side.