IGNORED

Harry Winks

3 hours ago, patto said:

I’ve never known it to be so quiet on our transfer front but presume it will change on Friday with players out of contract. 

I have a feeling we won’t be seeing much happening now until the takeover runs it’s course. 

I like the fact coaching team are doing 'extensive due diligence' and not been palmed off with a player to suit any sort of financial deal that suits the club.

I would also love Erikssen, think he actually is top quality, so don't mind seeing older players of his quality coming for a season or two - and could help draw a player our of Deli Alli again as they will know each others game very well. could be a nice little fit together.  My guess is we can say to Erikssen- you are pretty much in the starting 11.

In Premier league he averages an assist or goal every other game - we desperately need somebody like that. 

53 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I like the fact coaching team are doing 'extensive due diligence' and not been palmed off with a player to suit any sort of financial deal that suits the club.

I would also love Erikssen, think he actually is top quality, so don't mind seeing older players of his quality coming for a season or two - and could help draw a player our of Deli Alli again as they will know each others game very well. could be a nice little fit together.  My guess is we can say to Erikssen- you are pretty much in the starting 11.

In Premier league he averages an assist or goal every other game - we desperately need somebody like that. 

Definitely have to trust Frank to evaluate the qualities of a midfielder. Winks made good sense on loan as a decent technical player that would have cost little and provided depth. Have to be careful with who we buy outright given out constraints.

• 1 month later...