IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Saturday 6 February

markjazzbassist

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Always tried picturing you as a person haf... after this your 7”4, 130kg behemoth of a bloke in my mind

Haha 5ft 10 and waa around 17st at that moment in time... burned candle at both ends. Gym Monday to Thursday and on the ale all weekend.   Couldn't sustain that way of life.  On my 40th birthday I did about 18 pints of San Miguel and it took a week to get myself straight... I took that as a sign to change. 

6 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Had to watch on a big delay.  Why oh why did we back off when we had complete control and were on top.  Terrible psychology 

This is something that grates my brother. We never stand on a teams neck.

I read someone saying that Carlo can lose his shit, I'd be interested to hear more about that. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Holgate is out of form but he's playing out of position and behind James so has extra work. Would people get on Keane or Mina's back if they put in similar performs at right back? 

Judge him in his position. He's proven to be our best centre half, with many saying he's better than Stones. 

Yes 100% they would.

15 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

I remember watching a young player put in at left back, probably the worst i had seen at that time.

Everyone was on his case, then they moved him to CB, the rest is history, that was K Ratcliffe.

Holgate is not a full back, but i believe he will be a very good CB, IMO

At the moment we have three very good and in form CB's after two starting places - Ancelotti is having to rota them a bit now - because none of them deserve dropping. So in CB terms it's going to be difficult for Holgate to find a regular starting place as a CB. If he does get a chance through a few injuries - he would need to perform consistently well to muscle in with the three we are currently rotating. Great to have four solid CB's as well as another young prospect on loan - I would say very much our strongest area on the pitch. The fact we can actually rely on these four to form a very decent complete back line is a massive bonus. 

I think Godfrey is now going to grow in to our No.1 CB - speed is a natural commodity that you either have or don't. Couple that with his ability and his attitude - he has everything needed to be a world class CB. You can just tell now good Godfrey has even come as a bit of a surprise to Ancelotti. He was a decent fee - so kudos to who identified him as a target at the end of the summer transfer window, as £20M on a young CB wasn't something I was expecting.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be hitting it hard at least at the start. Eating and smoking it :lol:.

Alcohol is definitely more dangerous.  It's social acceptance is the main issue,

I reckon at least 30% of people who drink have an issue with it, it's basically down to whether alcohol stimulates the brain to produce endorphins...... If the brain produces endorphins and the receptors respond and increase then it's a matter of time to how addiction takes over. 

Scary thing is that treatment makes out its a personality/choice problem.... I'd guess alot of mental health issues involve or stem from it.  I know when I got older my head couldn't cope with stress after alcohol. 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Alcohol is definitely more dangerous.  It's social acceptance is the main issue,

I reckon at least 30% of people who drink have an issue with it, it's basically down to whether alcohol stimulates the brain to produce endorphins...... If the brain produces endorphins and the receptors respond and increase then it's a matter of time to how addiction takes over. 

Scary thing is that treatment makes out its a personality/choice problem.... I'd guess alot of mental health issues involve or stem from it.  I know when I got older my head couldn't cope with stress after alcohol. 

I like to drink but I can happily just have 2 while I watch the game. I can take it or leave it, I don’t need it to have a good time. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I like to drink but I can happily just have 2 while I watch the game. I can take it or leave it, I don’t need it to have a good time. 

I’m like that this season. Last season i found after half time I would be just necking as many as possible me to forget!