IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Saturday 6 February

markjazzbassist

i don't think they are as good as their record indicates, and yes we lost to them last time in a bad display.  i really hope we step up our game to match theirs.  we are away, they'll have to play some which can play into our sit and counter italian tactics as of late.  i want this win so bad, i can't stand united.  allan back for this one?  wouldn't that be amazing.  

Olsen

Holgate Mina Keane Godfrey

Iwobi  Gomes Doucoure Digne

James DCL

Olsen

Holgate    Mina    Keane   Godfrey

Gomes      Doucoure   

Iwobi             Gylfi               Digne              

DCL

Like them or hate them, bar the Sheff Utd blip, Man U are in cracking form at the moment - and have great individual players who can hurt you. So we go in to the game as massive underdogs. I don't think we can't go toe to to with them and try and play attacking football - so should go in to this game looking to frustrate them with solid defending and hitting them on the break - It has served us well so far this season against the so called bigger teams. 

Richy's been out of form - so would be happy with Digne playing on the left wing.  Richy not as effective on the right, but wouldn't be opposed seeing him start there ahead of Iwobi.  Gone with Iwobi as he will me more familiar with linking up with Holgate. 

Sounds defeatist - but I would take a point now as a positive result, if it helps keep momentum going. Given how tight it is at the top a single point might also make the difference in May. 

As an aside - I am hoping Man City run away the the league now - as we don't play our game in hand against them until the very last game of the season - would be nice if they have the league won by then and their minds are elsewhere!!! 

1 hour ago, milesey05 said:

Godfrey MOTM last game and he's’ moved to LB?? Crazy.

It hardly constitutes 'crazy' considering most of his games have been left back in a blue shirt. It's not like Godfrey has be found wanting defensively  at LB or Keane's been a bag of shit in the middle!. This craziness has worked out to be our most solid looking defensive set up when playing the big teams this season - and we have come away with some very positive results in these game. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

It hardly constitutes 'crazy' considering most of his games have been left back in a blue shirt. It's not like Godfrey has be found wanting defensively  at LB or Keane's been a bag of shit in the middle!. This craziness has worked out to be our most solid looking defensive set up when playing the big teams this season - and we have come away with some very positive results in these game. 

I agree, Godfrey has been superb filling it at LB when Digne was injured.

When Digne is unavailable again we can all feel confident that he can step in and do a job at LB for the team.

Godfrey is a CB and that is why Everton signed him. Against Leeds he showed us just how good he is , and he will get better yet.

Good in the air, strong, comfortable on the ball/ bringing it out of defence, and vocal! 
His pace is on another level, I can’t remember Everton having a CB with that pace before ( someone will no doubt let me know).

Ben Godfrey is some player and for me is our first choice CB. Keane 2nd and Mina 3rd. 

So imo playing Godfrey LB is crazy.

My starting XI would be.

Olsen 

Coleman Keane Godfrey Digne 

Gomes Dacoure 

James           Gylfi          Richy 

DCL 

If i think about pacey CB in an Everton shirt Ratcliffe always comes to mind. Happy days.

I will not argue with the quality we are seeing from Godfrey. Loving him. It caught me by suprise him coming at the end of the summer transfer window, for what was not an insignifican fee. As good as James, Doucoure and Allan have all been, over the long term Godfrey just might end up being best signing of summer 2020. Somebody did there homework!! 

12 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

If i think about pacey CB in an Everton shirt Ratcliffe always comes to mind. Happy days.

I will not argue with the quality we are seeing from Godfrey. Loving him. It caught me by suprise him coming at the end of the summer transfer window, for what was not an insignifican fee. As good as James, Doucoure and Allan have all been, over the long term Godfrey just might end up being best signing of summer 2020. Somebody did there homework!! 

Ratcliffe was the only one I thought of but still not as fast as BG. 

Eleven v eleven we're much better. Take away referee influence and they'd be bottom half, take away Fernandez and they'd be scrapping relegation.

Pickford

Bissaka Mina Godfrey Digne

James Doucoure Pogba Richarlison

Fernandez

DCL

Solskjaer is probably the most limited manager in the league playing little beyond the counter attack and relying on Fernandez with a bit of magic otherwise. Defensively they're laughable with Wan-Bissaka the only competent defender. I don't reckon the other three get in any of the other 'big 6' or Leicester. Pogba has all the ability in the world but lacks majorly in effort. Get a man to play just behind him and you'll get chances as he won't defend for the full 90. 

Be interesting to see what line up / formation he picks for this, normally you would expect Allan , Keane and James to walk straight back into the side but if they do who drops out ?

Gomes has just put in his best performance for almost  2 years so it would be harsh to drop him, Mina was another who has been in good form and was excellent at Leeds

Personally I think Keane has to come straight back in and I would move Godfrey across to RB not LB especially given the form Luke Shaw has been in for United this year

I would put Allan in for Gylfi then it’s a choice of so we put James in to give them something to think about or do we play Iwobi to give us more defensive protection on the flanks?

1 hour ago, Btay said:

This for me.

Let

James and Fernandes go at it and see who can deliver the moment of quality on the day.

I think Ancelotti will be far more cautious than that. Keane will be in the team - he's not put a foot wrong, and has been rested. So he's got to play. 

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Carlo says there will be rotation. If we play 4 at the back I would go 

Olsen

godders     Keane   Mina      Digne

Doucs       Gomes

James

iwobi              DCl         Richy 

Godders!?!🤢

12 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think Ancelotti will be far more cautious than that. Keane will be in the team - he's not put a foot wrong, and has been rested. So he's got to play. 

Honestly no issue with Keane in for say Coleman and Godfrey to RB. I’d love to see a Phil Neville on Ronaldo tackle on Fernandes. 

It really sums up this season that United are second, I don’t feel they have ever been hugely convincing ( like us ) however they have scored crucial goals when needed.