IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I don't really get angry about stuff like this, I'd do the same if I were in his position. Why would I move all the way to the UAE when I can be at a Premier League club? The only one at fault here is Everton for offering such a silly deal to such a silly player. 

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Listen, every damn time he got subbed on, I posted "HAT TRICK RONDON!" I wanted nothing more than for him to succeed because he genuinely seems like a great guy. 

Sad it didn't work out.

Watch him bag a hat trick next time he plays us.

I don't see a chance that any premier league club will sign him....maybe next year in the championship:unsure:

On 18/12/2022 at 10:08, Romey 1878 said:

I don't even care tbh. At least he hasn't hung around like a bad smell, picking up his wages doing fuck all like others such as Niasse and Delph.

For all we know, we have just paid off his contract or something to a similar value. 

I would be very surprised if he has just walked away for free!

On 16/12/2022 at 19:53, Billwelshblue said:

Was never good enough when you are playing in China it's for a reason he was finished at this level. Good luck to him anyway I hope it means incomings we are desperate

The ONLY reason he was brought in is because he played for Benitez in China. It was a terrible mistake to recruit him - and an even worse mistake to hire Benitez. Yes, I wish Rondon well, but his career effectively ended years ago.

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The ONLY reason he was brought in is because he played for Benitez in China. It was a terrible mistake to recruit him - and an even worse mistake to hire Benitez. Yes, I wish Rondon well, but his career effectively ended years ago.

I would say he was bought more because of his time with Benitez at Newcastle, were he proved to be a decent 2nd striker. Time and years caught up with him and he couldn't replicate his previous success in the PL. In the last couple of decades we have struggled to find a decent striker bar Lukaku of course, even now with Lampard we are scraping the barrel of shite strikers by bringing Maupay in, he has zero effect on the game, he doesn't score, he doesn't assist, and he doesn't link up any type of play, Rondon was finished as a force when he came here no doubt, but in all games I've watched, he had more impact in his minutes played than Maupay as shown in his time here, which is no accolade to Rondon at all, but just shows what a waste of money Maupay is. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I would say he was bought more because of his time with Benitez at Newcastle, were he proved to be a decent 2nd striker. Time and years caught up with him and he couldn't replicate his previous success in the PL. In the last couple of decades we have struggled to find a decent striker bar Lukaku of course, even now with Lampard we are scraping the barrel of shite strikers by bringing Maupay in, he has zero effect on the game, he doesn't score, he doesn't assist, and he doesn't link up any type of play, Rondon was finished as a force when he came here no doubt, but in all games I've watched, he had more impact in his minutes played than Maupay as shown in his time here, which is no accolade to Rondon at all, but just shows what a waste of money Maupay is. 

There are times when I think you could stick Haaland up front and it wouldn't make a difference!