IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Must have 2 forwards/strikers lined up then...

:unsure:

He's that bad that we probably don't see the point. He offers nothing so we don't see there being anything to replace.

The only ways we're getting shut of him is if we terminate his contract or if a club is as stupid as some of our fans to still think it's 2018.

32 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

In a sense, I feel sorry for him. From a business perspective, though, it's embarrassing that we ever looked twice at a has-been struggling away in the China leagues. What were we thinking?

I get why Rafa wanted him. Was an easy option, he trusts him, he’s cheap. 
Should have been a one year contract at best though. 

14 hours ago, London Blue said:

We can't be letting Rondon go unless we have an attacker coming in. 

I really don't think that matters. It's been good to see him try and get fit, but he was only ever an average player before he went to China. Good mentality and bloke, just not very good. I'd rather give game time to any of the kids, at least they'd have a bit of speed and more hunger. No doubt they'd make mistakes but that's easier to accept than watching someone declining do the same

2 hours ago, RPG said:

I hope it works out for him. He always gave his best and never once tried to hide. Lots of respect for that.

For Everton to be more successful, we must start to become more ruthless when it comes to squad. A player giving their all ought to be a minimum requirement - but it's pointless when the player is simply not good enough. Rondon has to be the worst recruited player in a decade - and that's saying something.

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

For Everton to be more successful, we must start to become more ruthless when it comes to squad. A player giving their all ought to be a minimum requirement - but it's pointless when the player is simply not good enough. Rondon has to be the worst recruited player in a decade - and that's saying something.

Really?

image.png.f02d30171be10eb2ba4b9ce485739369.png

9 hours ago, RPG said:

No argument from me but that's the club's fault, not Rondon's. He gave everything he had to Everton - which, admittedly, wasn't very much. But he did do everything he could and he can leave with his head held high. That's not true of some of our ex players with considerably more natural ability.

Ali of us should agree with that😀

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I watched him jog around plenty enough to know he didn't give "everything he had".

He also should have also kept himself in shape over the summer before he signed as well.

Me too, I thought it was shocking that he was so unfit when he arrived, match fit I can accept, unfit no, he was gassed after 30 mins of lumbering around.

• 2 weeks later...