IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Out of shape yes, but he was anything but skinny - he was fucking fat!

Yeah I think he probably couldn’t communicate it well. His shirt looked like he had been in the shower after 10 minutes.

he’s deffo a unit…. Players bounce off him. Physically very strong 

On 02/05/2022 at 10:12, Romey 1878 said:

He now looks like a useful lump, rather than a useless one.

I spoke too soon. He is, in fact, a fucking useless lump.

I sincerely hope I never see him play for us again.

It's not even the first time he's threw in a ludicrous challenge like that either, he's just gotten away with it by being absolutely fucking shit and completely missing the opposition player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Went back and watched the highlights from Villa. Rondon has to start against Forest, even if he only gives us 60 minutes. Won almost every header, including the nod down to Onana that led to the goal

I think we forget because of his lack of fitness etc.. last year that he was a serviceable premier league player for years. He’s probably a better technical footballer than Dom, he’s definitely a better CF than Gordon. If he’s fit enough to start he really does have to.

• 2 weeks later...

He is so ridiculously shit that I would just laugh at watching him play if not for the fact that he’s an Everton player. So that fact leads to me just wanting to break things instead.

Turns out he didn’t look shit when he first signed because of a lack of fitness, he looked shit because he’s finished.

I, for one, am absolutely shocked to my core at this unexpected revelation. 

27 minutes ago, RPG said:

I admire Rondon as a person. When he first arrived he was seriously unfit, DCL got injured and Rondon was asked to lead the line. He knew he wasn't anywhere close to ready (ok, he still isn't) but he didn't hide or fake an injury as some would have done. His attitude was (and still is) 'My team needs me and I am here.'

So, for that alone, He will always be remembered fondly by me. I'm not trying to defend his lack of mobility, lack of goals etc but maybe if we gave him the 'added' support that we gave a certain Denis Stracqualursi we might get a bit more out of him until DCL returns or the mythical new striker(s) arrive?

Exactly. I understand that the bare minimum is for all players who wear the Everton shirt to give 100%, but we've seen time and time again that that doesn't happen.

So despite his limitations, I also will remember him fondly. He was closing down the keeper in the 80th minute today, something I've seen plenty of other forwards never do. Especially in a league cup match against lower league opposition.

Also, @Romey 1878...we've seen FAR worse strikers at this club than Rondon. Yes he's not scoring, but his hold up play has been good and his chest/head downs against Forest helped create some of our best chances.

I don't get the vitriol against him. Especially because he tries hard and is well liked by everyone at the club.

He is by no means a goal threat, but as a focal point up front he's the best we have available. He's strong enough to receive balls played forward, to chest it down or head it on and hold up play while other join in. I also think the willingness is there to keep trying, he closes down, gets in the box, but just lacks that final bit of quality.

He's not the fastest, but I think there were a couple of through balls played behind their back line last night which were hit too hard and fast for him to latch onto.

He's by no means gonna keep us in the Premier League with his goals, but I'm not gonna hate him for that. He's just not what we need and we should be looking seriously for replacements (plural intended).

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Also, @Romey 1878...we've seen FAR worse strikers at this club than Rondon. Yes he's not scoring, but his hold up play has been good and his chest/head downs against Forest helped create some of our best chances.

I don't get the vitriol against him. Especially because he tries hard and is well liked by everyone at the club.

Who are these FAR worse strikers? I’ll start. Dennis Strak (though I’ve always taken the love for him as ironic on the basis he was so shit and cried when he scored)

Can’t think of any others. Considered Traore and Jo, but both managed a better goal contribution. 

Don’t think there is any vitriol against Rondon, just a lot of people, who’ve watched a lot of football, think he’s not very good at it. There were plenty of excuses why he was rubbish last season, and those excuses have gone and he’s still rubbish. It’s not vitriol, it’s not personal, he’s just not very good. 

7 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Shit is shit, doesn't matter what's come before because it's Rondon that's here now, being shit.

I don't judge him against the better strikers we've had like Lukaku, Yakubu, AJ, Beattie, Saha etc. Those players don't make him worse, or more shit, and the strikers we've had that may have been worse than him don't make him any better. Or less shit.

People keep saying he's been good at holding the ball up but I've been disappointed in that aspect of his game. It's about the only thing I expected of him when he stupidly signed but it's been way below standard. Shit.

Salomon Rondon is shit, now.

To put this into context, we got rid of players for free who offer more than Rondon.

The club is taking the piss out of us, I’m not saying bring Dobbin, Simms etc back because if they were good enough then they would be playing. Rondon is not good enough, he’s finished.

our club has been mismanaged to the point that we have sold a £60m player and bought in Dwight McNeil on a £20m drip and we are 4 games in to the season. 

fkn joke

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

People keep saying he's been good at holding the ball up but I've been disappointed in that aspect of his game. It's about the only thing I expected of him when he stupidly signed but it's been way below standard. Shit.

Salomon Rondon is shit, now.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks his hold up play is shit, because I was thinking I was watching a different player. His hold up play is more like a broken clock rather than the work of a skillful player.

I also don't think his work rate is anything of note either. It isn't exactly effective as teams play around him all the time.

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

To put this into context, we got rid of players for free who offer more than Rondon.

The club is taking the piss out of us, I’m not saying bring Dobbin, Simms etc back because if they were good enough then they would be playing. Rondon is not good enough, he’s finished.

our club has been mismanaged to the point that we have sold a £60m player and bought in Dwight McNeil on a £20m drip and we are 4 games in to the season. 

fkn joke

....and Onana

He's so fucking pointless I wouldn't even have him on the bench once Maupay is available.

For example, we brought him on today to give us an out ball but the fucking moron dropped so deep he could have been shaking hands with our centre backs. So we still had no way of getting out.

It's not even like he's got any speed to get up the pitch after coming so deep either. Michael Keane would beat him in a foot race after giving him a 10m headstart.

I cannot wait until the end of the season when he will no longer be our player.

Shite.