IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

11 hours ago, StevO said:

That’s not what I said, I said I don’t believe it. Didn’t say don’t talk about it. 

Let it go? 😂 you focused on James, but not much on the others listed. Who needs to let it go?

Come on Steve.... The narrative on this site over James has been denial big style.

Debating that he wasn't on big money cos there was no official announcement.  Then the reason he was going is cos he was outed by Rafa and nothing to do with his contribution Vs cost.  The emotion was that on his day he's a match winner and a joy to watch - which I agree with,to this day he's the best passer of a ball I've seen in a blue shirt. 

Every time someone said something that was plausible about his massive wages it was met with ridicule.

James Rodriguez was the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the problems at the club but he was the embodiment of high pay / low output / low commitment. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Come on Steve.... The narrative on this site over James has been denial big style.

Debating that he wasn't on big money cos there was no official announcement.  Then the reason he was going is cos he was outed by Rafa and nothing to do with his contribution Vs cost.  The emotion was that on his day he's a match winner and a joy to watch - which I agree with,to this day he's the best passer of a ball I've seen in a blue shirt. 

Every time someone said something that was plausible about his massive wages it was met with ridicule.

James Rodriguez was the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the problems at the club but he was the embodiment of high pay / low output / low commitment. 

Let it go 😂

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

There is no getting around the fact that he has been woeful but I still think he can be a useful backup once he gets his fitness back, just amazed how overweight and off the pace he actually is/was

How flippin long does it take him, he should have been giving it everything to get fit as soon as he knew there was interest in him, Dom’s been out since Brighton at the end of August, that’s 10 weeks! Should been fit by now.

FWIW I also thought he would be good back up, unfortunately the wait continues.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

How flippin long does it take him, he should have been giving it everything to get fit as soon as he knew there was interest in him, Dom’s been out since Brighton at the end of August, that’s 10 weeks! Should been fit by now.

FWIW I also thought he would be good back up, unfortunately the wait continues.

From what I understand the deal was all done pretty swiftly so he wouldn’t have had that much notice, to me he does look like he has lost a lot of weight and looks a lot leaner than when he first arrived so I do think he is putting the yards in at Finch Farm and he does have a reputation of being a good grafter 

He hadn’t played for months and had no preseason so it’s bound to take him a while granted you would think he would be nearer than he is 

7 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

From what I understand the deal was all done pretty swiftly so he wouldn’t have had that much notice, to me he does look like he has lost a lot of weight and looks a lot leaner than when he first arrived so I do think he is putting the yards in at Finch Farm and he does have a reputation of being a good grafter 

He hadn’t played for months and had no preseason so it’s bound to take him a while granted you would think he would be nearer than he is 

Agreed, but shouldn’t he have been keeping himself fit in preparation for a move, or was he ready to retire?

On 10/11/2021 at 19:18, Wiggytop said:

Agreed, but shouldn’t he have been keeping himself fit in preparation for a move, or was he ready to retire?

This for me.

There is no slight on the fact that he has been playing in Russia and China for the money and IMO he clearly didn't look after himself in the same way that he would have done had he been playing the Premier League all that time.

I get it, most players would be the same. It is natural. I doubt even Ronaldo would keep himself at his best if he went over there. That is why I was concerned about how good he was going to be when he signed without seeing how he was performing.

Another point to consider is that if it was a late decision to bring him in then why? Personally, I don't believe that there was no contact between the two camps much earlier in the summer, but I know they have said otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Yeah this is my take too, as much as I would let him go I just can't see him getting the same wages elsewhere.

Which is better: Paying 100% of his wages and having him contribute less than nothing or paying 50% of his wages while he plays/sits on the bench for another club? Sometimes you just have accept you've made a mistake and cut your losses.

12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Which is better: Paying 100% of his wages and having him contribute less than nothing or paying 50% of his wages while he plays/sits on the bench for another club? Sometimes you just have accept you've made a mistake and cut your losses.

But this is talking about a sale rather than a loan, I don't actually know if it's possible for a club to contribute to the wages of another club's player. Seems unlikely; I agree in principle though.

54 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But this is talking about a sale rather than a loan, I don't actually know if it's possible for a club to contribute to the wages of another club's player. Seems unlikely; I agree in principle though.

It is possible for a player to take a wage cut at his new club and the selling club may agree to cover the difference for the reminder of his old contract.

On 17/11/2021 at 17:42, MikeO said:

I’m pretty sure Leeds are still paying Robbie Fowler’s wages. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2021 at 09:36, Zoo 2.0 said:

If this is the standard we are going for, then I would have Rondon as a back up - there, I said it. 

Has the physique to cause defenders problems at the back end of a game (which is when he would be playing) and if starting could do the graveyard shift and bring others into play (i.e. - Richarlison, DCL and Iwobi/Townsend). 

I actually rated him at Newcastle and despite playing in poor leagues since leaving (China and Russia) has managed to keep up a decent scoring record. 

Wouldn't jizz my pants, but wouldn't kick the coffee table over either. Like I've said since the start of summer, I'm past caring about marquee signings and want players that will run themselves into the ground and go through brick walls, if Rondon will do that on the cheap and nick a few goals in the process then happy days.

I mean this has aged fantastically well hasn't it.