IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

54 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I did spare a thought for you @Matt, first time back at the ground in ages to see that :(

Was funny though. As soon as I saw King on the scoresheet, said he'd score against us. Then when I saw he had 2, said he'd get his hattrick now and a couple of minutes later... 

And then we've got Rondon :rofl:

Still, it was wonderful to be there (dickhead father and son threatening people aside). I'd forgotten about the banter, and how my feet just took me from the car to the ground without thinking, retracing steps I did every week before moving. Shit result and baffling collapse, but still loved being there. Its a weird feeling... Everton that :lol:

I've gave Rafa the thumbs up when he decided to come here but I think he made a boo boob today.

I know we are really struggling for players and in the matchday thread I said at half time Richie should come on for Rondon.  He leaves Rondon on and takes off possibly our best player in that match Anthony Gordon. !!

Gordon,  Gray,  Richie, and Townsend,  would have had their midfield and defence on the back foot cos Rondon once again was invisible and no fookin use at all.  A bad call by Rafa on that substitution.

Once again we run true to form, one of the worst clubs in the league and we roll over and let them piss all over us. We are Everton and that's what we do.

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've gave Rafa the thumbs up when he decided to come here but I think he made a boo boob today.

I know we are really struggling for players and in the matchday thread I said at half time Richie should come on for Rondon.  He leaves Rondon on and takes off possibly our best player in that match Anthony Gordon. !!

Gordon,  Gray,  Richie, and Townsend,  would have had their midfield and defence on the back foot cos Rondon once again was invisible and no fookin use at all.  A bad call by Rafa on that substitution.

Once again we run true to form, one of the worst clubs in the league and we roll over and let them piss all over us. We are Everton and that's what we do.

Here we go again. There is a negative mindset, been the case for years. Is it when they pull on an Everton shirt?

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

I gave him the benefit of doubt and feel a little sorry that he’s been thrown in but it’s completely indefensible the shite he’s dished up so far. He can’t start - simple as that.

He can't finish either. 

I assume. Not gotten close to showing if he can or not.

Rafa needs to focus on our defence in the next transfer window Digne and Godfrey are the weakest links in our team, Digne was shite last season and has managed to keep that going this, Godfrey looks like he’s completely out of his depth like Digne a one season wonder in the making. 

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It took a few more games, but now we agree. The guy should never have been brought in.

Did you expect a footballer to be worthy of fair assessment after 2 games having had over 4 months out ?- that's nonsense. 

His legs have gone.  A medical isn't going to show that up...

Loads of people said we shouldn't have bought in Townsend too ..... Low risk signing.  

After having to endure watching the game live, I tortured myself more and watched the highlights on MOTD. Not once was his name mentioned, a good indication of how poor he was, if your CF is invisible on the highlights there’s a problem with the team balance.

It has to change yesterday was the final straw for me.

44 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Steve..... Maybe you aren't aware of this but king was deemed a bad egg in Finch farm.  Poor in training.  Getting rid wasn't a bad decision. 

He even came out and said he needed to bring his A game yesterday to prove a point - till now he's been poor at Watford. 

Thing was he was never going to be 1st choice here that was and still is DCL, he obviously wasn’t happy with that which is fair enough he didn’t want to accept second best, can you imagine the uproar if DCL was dropped and King was number one. You can’t force people to be happy with their lot and he wasn’t so we move on. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Thing was he was never going to be 1st choice here that was and still is DCL, he obviously wasn’t happy with that which is fair enough he didn’t want to accept second best, can you imagine the uproar if DCL was dropped and King was number one. You can’t force people to be happy with their lot and he wasn’t so we move on. 

It wasn't that Palfy 

He was piss poor in training.  A player who wants to be fighting for first pick turns up to training and as a minimum makes himself an option to come on for last 20 minutes.

Baz on toffeetv is the source for that ..... He is friendly with Big Dunc so that's my stab at it. 

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It wasn't that Palfy 

He was piss poor in training.  A player who wants to be fighting for first pick turns up to training and as a minimum makes himself an option to come on for last 20 minutes.

Baz on toffeetv is the source for that ..... He is friendly with Big Dunc so that's my stab at it. 

I don’t doubt that for one minute mate, just maybe his attitude was a reflection of how he felt he was being treated. 

Well I’m not sure he will ever offer much up top for us. Can’t run the channel, doesn’t even seem comfortable back to goal or with the ball in the air. Doesn’t have the legs to effectively press.

Richarlison has to start up top with pacey wingers and an extra man in midfield. Rondon simply is not good enough technically or athletically.

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Steve..... Maybe you aren't aware of this but king was deemed a bad egg in Finch farm.  Poor in training.  Getting rid wasn't a bad decision. 

He even came out and said he needed to bring his A game yesterday to prove a point - till now he's been poor at Watford. 

No, I didn't know that. I didn't mean to imply we should have kept King. It was just ironic that dmim included him in the list of dross recruited in the past - when he scored a hattrick against us yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

No, I didn't know that. I didn't mean to imply we should have kept King. It was just ironic that dmim included him in the list of dross recruited in the past - when he scored a hattrick against us yesterday.

If we flogged Delph to Accrington Stanley he would score against us..... It's the rules. 

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I wasn’t too arsed about King going. But we had a striker in the building, let him go to bring in another striker. I’m pretty sure, even though King hasn’t don’t much for Watford until Saturday, he would have offered more than Rondon. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I wasn’t too arsed about King going. But we had a striker in the building, let him go to bring in another striker. I’m pretty sure, even though King hasn’t don’t much for Watford until Saturday, he would have offered more than Rondon. 

Apparently king was part of a collective "not arsed" group in training.   Moise Keane, king, Rodriguez to name a few.  

my guess is that there is more than that.... And then some. 

Just now, StevO said:

Another “apparently” story. 

Don’t believe a word of them anymore. They only come out when there is either an agenda (like the club want a player to leave like James) or when something goes wrong (Mirallas suddenly became a trouble maker after the penalty incident). 

My guess is a footballer was signed and hoped to play more games of football than he did. He felt the manager had lied to him and hadn’t given him the opportunity he was expecting to get. 
I don’t want players being happy about not playing. Enough people complain about the mentality in the squad, well I want them to be pissed when they don’t play. Not happy clapping around Finch Farm. 

This.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Another “apparently” story. 

Don’t believe a word of them anymore. They only come out when there is either an agenda (like the club want a player to leave like James) or when something goes wrong (Mirallas suddenly became a trouble maker after the penalty incident). 

My guess is a footballer was signed and hoped to play more games of football than he did. He felt the manager had lied to him and hadn’t given him the opportunity he was expecting to get. 
I don’t want players being happy about not playing. Enough people complain about the mentality in the squad, well I want them to be pissed when they don’t play. Not happy clapping around Finch Farm. 

I know..... Let's just post links to newspaper articles eh? Which have less credibility than most hearsay as it is.

James?...... You still not amazed that the only option he had was a shite team in quatar?......I'm not.   Clubs do things called due diligence. Even his biggest ex fan Ancellotti wanted no part of him at Real Madrid. 

Baz on toffeetv is well affiliated with the goings on at the club. 

Alternatively I could ignore the"rumour" that king was piss poor at training and just go on the fact that he never looked fit a couple of months after signing. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I know..... Let's just post links to newspaper articles eh? Which have less credibility than most hearsay as it is.

James?...... You still not amazed that the only option he had was a shite team in quatar?......I'm not.   Clubs do things called due diligence. Even his biggest ex fan Ancellotti wanted no part of him at Real Madrid. 

Baz on toffeetv is well affiliated with the goings on at the club. 

Alternatively I could ignore the"rumour" that king was piss poor at training and just go on the fact that he never looked fit a couple of months after signing. 

Is Baz on toffeetv your new John Ebbrell? He’s getting a lot of mentions lately mate 😂

The examples of Mirallas and James were just the first two that came to mind of the rumours that come out to suit agendas. The same thing happened with Eto’o, Lescott, Rooney, Radzinski, and I’m sure many more that I can’t remember. 

Who was the comms guy at the club who’s emails were leaked when he was talking about getting Kenwrights mates in the press to go on a charm offensive when he was under pressure? My head says Ian Ross but that doesn’t sound right to me. 
An age old tactic that I’m sure many clubs employ when it suits. 

32 minutes ago, StevO said:

The examples of Mirallas and James were just the first two that came to mind of the rumours that come out to suit agendas. The same thing happened with Eto’o, Lescott, Rooney, Radzinski, and I’m sure many more that I can’t remember. 

Who was the comms guy at the club who’s emails were leaked when he was talking about getting Kenwrights mates in the press to go on a charm offensive when he was under pressure? My head says Ian Ross but that doesn’t sound right to me. 
An age old tactic that I’m sure many clubs employ when it suits. 

So on the basis of that we may as well cut the forum down by 80% then and unless the players and club uniformly come out and say "Eto was fucked off cos he tried to take over the management of the team" then it's all bullshit?

Well that's bollocks for a start.  You never read a sports biography? 25+ testosterone fuelled alpha males being told what to do by a bloke they earn more money than.  

You may not get a manager coming out and telling us why James Rodriguez wasn't kept on despite his talent..... But the fact that some unknown team in Qatar is where he ended up going tells you everything that a press conference or certified news release isn't.

Im sorry you never got to see him ... Let it go. 

Has he?  He's had 2 at most and that is from stuff thats out in the public domain. 

Sounds like a catty post there Steve.... Be better. 

I’m taking the piss Haf, won’t be better, be more light hearted. Save the seriousness for the serious stuff. 

So on the basis of that we may as well cut the forum down by 80% then and unless the players and club uniformly come out and say "Eto was fucked off cos he tried to take over the management of the team" then it's all bullshit?

Well that's bollocks for a start.  You never read a sports biography? 25+ testosterone fuelled alpha males being told what to do by a bloke they earn more money than.  

You may not get a manager coming out and telling us why James Rodriguez wasn't kept on despite his talent..... But the fact that some unknown team in Qatar is where he ended up going tells you everything that a press conference or certified news release isn't.

Im sorry you never got to see him ... Let it go. 

That’s not what I said, I said I don’t believe it. Didn’t say don’t talk about it. 

Let it go? 😂 you focused on James, but not much on the others listed. Who needs to let it go?