IGNORED

Aurelio Buta

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I think we are waiting to shift James, Gomes and Delph who are all on around 100K plus a week, which is about £15 million a year in wages.  Not to mention players like Cenk who are on good wages but will never play for us, and the senior pros. We need to shift this lot, then we will know who we can sign. 

Transfer payments can be split over years, but added to wages it mounts up, so we have to make room before we can buy. Players like Buta are, I imagine, our plan B if we cant sell players which we are having to look to as time is running out.

Can’t see us getting rid of Gomes. I think the plan was probably to let him go and retain Siggy who had shown more for us but we know how that is likely to go. 

4 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Can’t see us getting rid of Gomes. I think the plan was probably to let him go and retain Siggy who had shown more for us but we know how that is likely to go. 

According to reports he is available if the right offer comes in, which I think is a mistake (unless he wants to go) as I rate him, I know I am in a minority in that opinion.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I think we are waiting to shift James, Gomes and Delph who are all on around 100K plus a week, which is about £15 million a year in wages.  Not to mention players like Cenk who are on good wages but will never play for us, and the senior pros. We need to shift this lot, then we will know who we can sign. 

Transfer payments can be split over years, but added to wages it mounts up, so we have to make room before we can buy. Players like Buta are, I imagine, our plan B if we cant sell players which we are having to look to as time is running out.

I think you are right about the plan B. Hopefully we can shift some of those that aren't in Rafa's plans.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Delph. Is. Not. Going. Anywhere.

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

According to reports he is available if the right offer comes in, which I think is a mistake (unless he wants to go) as I rate him, I know I am in a minority in that opinion.

It’s a hard one because of that major injury. Seems to usually take guys two years to be fully back (if they do get back). I don’t mind him in there. Given our situation currently he should play a lot.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I think you are right about the plan B. Hopefully we can shift some of those that aren't in Rafa's plans.

probably the worst summer ever to try and shift players. I think lots of clubs are stuck with players they would like to move on. Might be a case of just getting through the next 12months.

Inter are looking like the will get Dumfries, but they are having to cashing in their prize asset to balance books and have a bit of money to spend. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Yes but in 18 months we are back to square 1 that’s poor planning let’s find a young full back they must be out there are our scouts that bad that we can’t find one. 

A lot changes in 18 months. If Trippier could do 2 seasons that gives our scouts more time. There's nothing wrong with short term solutions if they're quality signings and buys time to find a long term solution. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

We’ve been looking for a right back for 3 years,

with Trippier it’s all about cost I know he’s decent but I’d rather pay 25-30m for Aaron’s and know that position is secure and if sold you will get your money back at least. 

I'd rather pay that for Aaron's too, but he's clearly either not interested or his club aren't. Can only go with what's available. 

11 hours ago, Matt said:

A lot changes in 18 months. If Trippier could do 2 seasons that gives our scouts more time. There's nothing wrong with short term solutions if they're quality signings and buys time to find a long term solution. 

It’s almost too late to sign a young right-back to ease in with Seamus as, as much as I like him, Seamus needs replacing now. It may not be a bad idea to get the experience of someone of Trippier’s quality and do what we should have done 3/4 years ago (with Seamus) by buying a young player next season as back-up to Trippier with the idea to eventually take his place.