IGNORED

Norwich (Home) 25th September

Romey 1878

Well that was a hard watch. 

By my reckoning we had 3 half decent chances, 1 was a penalty and the other was the 2nd goal. This is against the worst team in the league by far. 

The positive is that they only had 1 clear chance themselves, Godfrey switching off and not attacking the delivery. They were the better team that second half (or maybe that should be least worse). Keane was a bit iffy, Digne had a solid enough game bar one mistake but Mina was an absolute boss. I am not sure he broke sweat. 

I said at half time that Doucoure was going to be involved in the good things we did. I thought I might have to eat my words for a while. A glimmer of what he could do came from a blocked cross down the left, breaking forward like he does. Not for the first time Rondon and Gray were lazily hanging around and not trying to help him. Then moments later, Allan turns the ball over, Gray picks it up and feeds the big man in with a clean finish. 

I was distinctly unimpressed with Gray. I thought he looked completely disinterested at times, or maybe that should be called Rondon-esque. It was a lazy performance which he then turned on its head by picking that ball up, driving at Norwich and playing the perfect ball to Doucoure. 

Allan had a solid enough game going about his business as usual. He was completely taken out of the game on two occasions by diving in and they both led to good positions for Norwich. Better teams will score from those mistakes. 

Hopefully with few bodies back, our performances will start to pick up again but it is starting to feel a little like last season again.

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Well that was a hard watch. 

By my reckoning we had 3 half decent chances, 1 was a penalty and the other was the 2nd goal. This is against the worst team in the league by far. 

The positive is that they only had 1 clear chance themselves, Godfrey switching off and not attacking the delivery. They were the better team that second half (or maybe that should be least worse). Keane was a bit iffy, Digne had a solid enough game bar one mistake but Mina was an absolute boss. I am not sure he broke sweat. 

I said at half time that Doucoure was going to be involved in the good things we did. I thought I might have to eat my words for a while. A glimmer of what he could do came from a blocked cross down the left, breaking forward like he does. Not for the first time Rondon and Gray were lazily hanging around and not trying to help him. Then moments later, Allan turns the ball over, Gray picks it up and feeds the big man in with a clean finish. 

I was distinctly unimpressed with Gray. I thought he looked completely disinterested at times, or maybe that should be called Rondon-esque. It was a lazy performance which he then turned on its head by picking that ball up, driving at Norwich and playing the perfect ball to Doucoure. 

Allan had a solid enough game going about his business as usual. He was completely taken out of the game on two occasions by diving in and they both led to good positions for Norwich. Better teams will score from those mistakes. 

Hopefully with few bodies back, our performances will start to pick up again but it is starting to feel a little like last season again.

Fook me you are one negative sod bailey! 

All hands to pump at moment. 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Today was always going to be about grinding out the points, without a fit striker or right back on the pitch and a lot of the players having played in mid week - and grind out the points we did. A good three point  - and apparently the last time we won the first 3 home games of the season was back in 1989!! so the BBC just said.

There will be tougher games I know, but if we ARE taking the points in the game in which we expect to take then I will take that for now. As this is not always the case with Everton.  

This.

13 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Today was always going to be about grinding out the points, without a fit striker or right back on the pitch and a lot of the players having played in mid week - and grind out the points we did. A good three point  - and apparently the last time we won the first 3 home games of the season was back in 1989!! so the BBC just said.

There will be tougher games I know, but if we ARE taking the points in the game in which we expect to take then I will take that for now. As this is not always the case with Everton.  

To be fair although we didn’t click as well as we would have if DCL and Richarlison were playing, I never felt we were under pressure or we could lose this, some commentator from the beeb said some Everton players didn’t even  get a sweat on Norwich were that bad, being a blue I would say because we were that good 😊 

If we're being honest City, Chelsea, Utd and the shite are far superior to us this season. That leaves us competing with Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham. Right now we have more points than all of them. Given what we've seen the last 3 months at the club this is about as good as we could have hoped for. Let's get a point against Utd and get everyone healthy during the international break.