IGNORED

Armando Broja

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

I really hope we get him on loan.

1 - he’s better than Rondon.

2 - As mentioned in the link, we couldn’t loan Gilmour.

Cornet, Broja & then spend what ever we have/can on a CM.

I'd have him on loan for sure. I think that's the wiser option when you consider how much we'd have to pay for him when there's every chance he'd be a flop.

Maybe we're going to buy Gilmour because it doesn't look like Tuchel fancies him at all.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I really hope we get him on loan.

1 - he’s better than Rondon.

2 - As mentioned in the link, we couldn’t loan Gilmour.

Cornet, Broja & then spend what ever we have/can on a CM.

Sad to say when it comes to players wanting to move we seem to be a last choice FFP and the premier league has fucked us big time. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd have him on loan for sure. I think that's the wiser option when you consider how much we'd have to pay for him when there's every chance he'd be a flop.

Maybe we're going to buy Gilmour because it doesn't look like Tuchel fancies him at all.

Agree completely mate. If he comes here on loan and does well then no issue handing over big money for him as Dom could move on next season for big money and we already have a replacement lined up.

11 hours ago, patto said:

Sad to say when it comes to players wanting to move we seem to be a last choice FFP and the premier league has fucked us big time. 

We’ve fucked our selves harder than the premier league has mate. We’re paying the price for reckless spending and incompetent scouting.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Agree completely mate. If he comes here on loan and does well then no issue handing over big money for him as Dom could move on next season for big money and we already have a replacement lined up.

We’ve fucked our selves harder than the premier league has mate. We’re paying the price for reckless spending and incompetent scouting.

So do you think FFP is a good thing for football I think all it’s going to do is make the top clubs untouchable they will accrue all the money and all the top players. 
I’ll predict now you will never see a trophy won outside the top 4 as long as you have FFP. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's already happened while FFP has been around.

I’m talking about now it happened last season 3 trophies by the top 2 teams the premier league will end up like Scotland except it will be the top 4 winning everything. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

So do you think FFP is a good thing for football I think all it’s going to do is make the top clubs untouchable they will accrue all the money and all the top players. 
I’ll predict now you will never see a trophy won outside the top 4 as long as you have FFP. 

FFP is needed to protect the teams who can’t afford to spend £100/£200 million each year. With what we spent ( whilst staying within FFP restraints ) at the start of the Moshiri era we had ample opportunity to be somewhere towards the top.

We fucked up, clear and simple. Whilst I would love nothing more than us to go out and spend £150 million on new players I don’t think it would be fair.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

FFP is needed to protect the teams who can’t afford to spend £100/£200 million each year. With what we spent ( whilst staying within FFP restraints ) at the start of the Moshiri era we had ample opportunity to be somewhere towards the top.

We fucked up, clear and simple. Whilst I would love nothing more than us to go out and spend £150 million on new players I don’t think it would be fair.

Fair your worried about being fair I see my club swilling around the plug hole heading towards the championship and your worried about being fair. 
we were never going to go bust FFP is about protecting the sly 6 and making sure they get their multi millions every year without threat. 
Fifa UEFA Sky are all in it together they are even going to change the qualifying rules to make sure the big teams don’t fall out of the competitions. 
and your worried about being fair. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Fair your worried about being fair I see my club swilling around the plug hole heading towards the championship and your worried about being fair. 
we were never going to go bust FFP is about protecting the sly 6 and making sure they get their multi millions every year without threat. 
Fifa UEFA Sky are all in it together they are even going to change the qualifying rules to make sure the big teams don’t fall out of the competitions. 
and your worried about being fair. 

Don’t for one second think I am happy with we’re are. I think I made a pretty valid, rational point and your just choosing to make it out like something else.

If it were Newcastle or say Villa who had spent how we’ve spent, whilst we had moderate funds I am sure you wouldn’t be supportive of them buying their way out of trouble because they blew 100’s of million pounds. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Don’t for one second think I am happy with we’re are. I think I made a pretty valid, rational point and your just choosing to make it out like something else.

If it were Newcastle or say Villa who had spent how we’ve spent, whilst we had moderate funds I am sure you wouldn’t be supportive of them buying their way out of trouble because they blew 100’s of million pounds. 

I’m not the least bit interested in other teams I don’t care what they do. 
my belief is you can’t tell a business they can’t spend their own money. 
if they go bust so be it but we are more likely to go bust under FFP or get relegated. 
Do you think the sly 6 thought about us when they were trying to create a super league. Do you know another business that gets told they can’t spend money ?

34 minutes ago, patto said:

I’m not the least bit interested in other teams I don’t care what they do. 
my belief is you can’t tell a business they can’t spend their own money. 
if they go bust so be it but we are more likely to go bust under FFP or get relegated. 
Do you think the sly 6 thought about us when they were trying to create a super league. Do you know another business that gets told they can’t spend money ?

We belong to a league. Our business is overseen by that league and they are perfectly able to introduce and enforce regulations to that end. Most  sports leagues have salary caps. It keeps the competitive balance to some degree and in the end is better for all the members. Not having any restrictions on spending is damaging in sport and in some cases would ruin the competition entirely. Football is already at the extreme end when it comes to the top and the bottom. Widening that gap further is going to effect interest in the game for those who aren’t diehard supporters of a team. I don’t particularly want to see Man City beating up on someone 8-0 every couple weeks. 

4 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

We belong to a league. Our business is overseen by that league and they are perfectly able to introduce and enforce regulations to that end. Most  sports leagues have salary caps. It keeps the competitive balance to some degree and in the end is better for all the members. Not having any restrictions on spending is damaging in sport and in some cases would ruin the competition entirely. Football is already at the extreme end when it comes to the top and the bottom. Widening that gap further is going to effect interest in the game for those who aren’t diehard supporters of a team. I don’t particularly want to see Man City beating up on someone 8-0 every couple weeks. 

Them diehard supporters are going to suffer week in week out against the top teams they have the equivalent of 2 teams the gap will get bigger and bigger. 

3 hours ago, Formby said:

They work well in the US and I would be all for one here. The problem is implementing it.

FFP isn't a salary cap. It protects the rich clubs. The sooner UEFA rethinks it, the better. 

It is effectively a cap on spending. Not the same, I’ll grant you, but the intention is similar. I take your point. It makes it harder for, say, a Newcastle to just become Man City overnight which I suppose helps those at the top but it also makes it harder for those at the type to widen the financial gap.

i doubt a true salary cap will happen in football. You’d need all the major leagues to agree and that seems very unlikely. 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

It is effectively a cap on spending. Not the same, I’ll grant you, but the intention is similar. I take your point. It makes it harder for, say, a Newcastle to just become Man City overnight which I suppose helps those at the top but it also makes it harder for those at the type to widen the financial gap.

i doubt a true salary cap will happen in football. You’d need all the major leagues to agree and that seems very unlikely. 

It won’t happen because todays top footballers are pure greed. 
why does any person need 350k a week 

3 minutes ago, London Blue said:

What StevO said, it was designed to protect the so called "Elite Clubs" from competition. What happened to City scarred the shit out of them.

And Chelsea. I think the old boys club are still upset Chelsea won two European cups. 

13 hours ago, StevO said:

There was a salary cap, a long time ago, the players fought to have it abolished. It’s not coming back any time soon. 

You're probably right - but it should, in my opinion.

Players fought to break the salary cap before as their salaries were modest at best. Quite the opposite now.

I would impose a hard cap with a luxury tax points deduction for those who break the cap. It would need all the European leagues to participate and close monitoring. If a club wants to spend half their cap on one player, let them, so it wouldn't essentially be a restraint on invididual salary.

As we all know, utter greed has comsumed the game for too long and driven a wedge between supporters and clubs. Of course, a cap is unlikely to happen because there are too many people with too much to lose, but hopefully there will be a tipping point in my lifetime.

Just now, Formby said:

You're probably right - but it should, in my opinion.

Players fought to break the salary cap before as their salaries were modest at best. Quite the opposite now.

I would impose a hard cap with a luxury tax points deduction for those who break the cap. It would need all the European leagues to participate and close monitoring. If a club wants to spend half their cap on one player, let them, so it wouldn't essentially be a restraint on invididual salary.

As we all know, utter greed has comsumed the game for too long and driven a wedge between supporters and clubs. Of course, a cap is unlikely to happen becuase there are too many people with too much to lose, but hopefully there will be a tipping point in my lifetime.

The only way to limit salaries is to cap it as a percentage of the clubs turnover. You couldn’t do it on an individual players salary. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

The only way to limit salaries is to cap it as a percentage of the clubs turnover. You couldn’t do it on an individual players salary. 

I don't think a soft cap works as well as a hard cap.

It wouldn't be a restraint on an indvidual player's salary, unless the player's salary was itself greater than the cap. Under a hard cap, a club can choose to spend whatever percentage of their cap on one luxury player if they choose.