IGNORED

Armando Broja

2 hours ago, Formby said:

I don't think a soft cap works as well as a hard cap.

It wouldn't be a restraint on an indvidual player's salary, unless the player's salary was itself greater than the cap. Under a hard cap, a club can choose to spend whatever percentage of their cap on one luxury player if they choose.

And that is exactly why we will never see that in English or European football. 

13 minutes ago, StevO said:

And that is exactly why we will never see that in English or European football. 

It wouldn’t be possible in English football alone. Players would just go to Spain, Italy, France, wherever were they could be paid more. Hell, they might eventually go to the MLS. 

The cap works in American sports because it’s effectively the only game in town. Even with certain restrictions they are still paid far more than they would be elsewhere. 

It’s a tough one. I get that the rules in England and elsewhere make it a longer road for team to rise up the ranks but I don’t believe most want to see a billionaire buy a random side and make it Man City in a couple years either. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I've said it before but no club in the world should ever sign any player who demands to be "guaranteed first choice".

And I don't think any player worth having would make such demands, everyone needs to earn their place.

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I've said it before but no club in the world should ever sign any player who demands to be "guaranteed first choice".

And I don't think any player worth having would make such demands, everyone needs to earn their place.

Shouldn’t be a guarantee but particularly in a loan situation the parent club and the player are going to want to go to a place where he has the best chance of regular game time 

26 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Shouldn’t be a guarantee but particularly in a loan situation the parent club and the player are going to want to go to a place where he has the best chance of regular game time 

Chance being the operative word.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

If you look at it in the context of his situation, he’s at Chelsea and is in a situation where he arguably should get more match time based on their fans opinion as Lukaku, Havertz and Werner have been disappointing, with Lukaku gone he probably fancies his chances. 

I do know that players want to clearly understand if they are going to be a first team regular or squad player. This is something that is discussed with managers to understand their plans for them. It’s a given that if a player doesn’t perform he will be dropped. 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Is he the only official striker (not wingers who can play up top) that we are linked with?
If so we need to diversify the search. We need a back up to DCL. 

I agree, don't think Chelsea are going to part with him, so chasing shadows a bit. Lukaku gone and talk of Warner going on loan. There is room in Chelsea for him at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to have to say to Chelsea that we need to sort it this week, otherwise we are going to look elsewhere. Need somebody integrated in to the team ASAP now.

A Broja in our team could potentially help us take points of Chelsea's rivals. We would doing them a favour!

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Going to have to say to Chelsea that we need to sort it this week, otherwise we are going to look elsewhere. Need somebody integrated in to the team ASAP now.

A Broja in our team could potentially help us take points of Chelsea's rivals. We would doing them a favour!

This!

6 hours ago, RPG said:

Inclined to agree. We need him, Chelsea have already played us once and, as already stated, Broja can help us take points of Chelsea's rivals. Makes sense all round.

If he hits the ground running for us DCL might react positively to no longer being an automatic starter - when/if fit.

The problem is unless they can get a striker in they aren’t going to off load him, they are struggling with options up front. 

11 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I perked up a bit when he came on and then forgot all about him, I know he only got 15 minutes but it hardly made me want to bang a drum for us to sign him.

I'm really not arsed about this to be honest, if we're going to bring in a 5/10 player I'd just keep Rondon.

You must be shit-hot at speed dating if you can make a judgement that quickly!

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I didn’t even notice he came on. 😂

I made a point of watching him because we were interested… supposedly.  Was particularly impressed with him getting back to help on his own corner, playing a one, two out from the back and striding up the line. Made me feel he was confident with the ball at his feet.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I made a point of watching him because we were interested… supposedly.  Was particularly impressed with him getting back to help on his own corner, playing a one, two out from the back and striding up the line. Made me feel he was confident with the ball at his feet.

But, does he know Donatella Versace?