IGNORED

Armando Broja

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

I made a point of watching him because we were interested… supposedly.  Was particularly impressed with him getting back to help on his own corner, playing a one, two out from the back and striding up the line. Made me feel he was confident with the ball at his feet.

He is a real athlete. I can’t imagine many defences would be happy to see him come on after 60/70 minutes. Really hope we get him in.

21 minutes ago, Btay said:

He is a real athlete. I can’t imagine many defences would be happy to see him come on after 60/70 minutes. Really hope we get him in.

With our current squad (when healthy) we may look pretty good getting off the bus with the likes of Tark, Mina, Godfrey, Patterson, Doucoure  Iwobi, Onana, DCL. Some big, strong guys in there by soccer standards. At the least other teams aren’t going to relish a physical battle 

6 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

With our current squad (when healthy) we may look pretty good getting off the bus with the likes of Tark, Mina, Godfrey, Patterson, Doucoure  Iwobi, Onana, DCL. Some big, strong guys in there by soccer standards. At the least other teams aren’t going to relish a physical battle 

Most will laugh their socks off at seeing Mina pull yet another muscle 😱

5 hours ago, Billwelshblue said:

We need to know v soon if he is being loaned out or we have to look elsewhere. Cannot wait around, striker is a must!

We’ve looked at others and they have gone elsewhere, can see us ending up with a very poor loan who nobody else wants or another expensive failure, the club new Richarlison was going to leave weeks before the end of the season so had ample time to get a replacement lined up, obviously FFP has had a huge impact on the timings of when we could get someone in, but I fear we are getting closer to the panic buy scenario where we have to have someone but it won’t be someone of choice but sheer desperation. 

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect (nothing to back it up) that they simply don't want to sell. Constant dialogue could be nothing more than regular check-ins from us to them, keeping them aware that we are interested in loan or buy.

Our club says our interest in Broja is separate from the gordon deal...but I suspect they would likely try to force our hand and say if you want him you have to include Gordon in the deal.

Personally I could see us selling Gordon and buying Broja and taking another player on loan from them (all as contingent to the deal) - I don't think that player would be Gallagher though (as much as we would love it to be)

9 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I suspect (nothing to back it up) that they simply don't want to sell. Constant dialogue could be nothing more than regular check-ins from us to them, keeping them aware that we are interested in loan or buy.

Our club says our interest in Broja is separate from the gordon deal...but I suspect they would likely try to force our hand and say if you want him you have to include Gordon in the deal.

Personally I could see us selling Gordon and buying Broja and taking another player on loan from them (all as contingent to the deal) - I don't think that player would be Gallagher though (as much as we would love it to be)

If/when they bring in a new starting No. 9 he'll become available.  Unless we've been told that is certain then we are daft to wait around. 

26 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Wonder what end is slowing a it down. Are we waiting on a better target, is he waiting for a better club or are we waiting for a better deal?

Yeah we are probably in their ear saying to loan him, don’t worry about coverage for strikers in the squad just play a winger there and you’ll be sweet.