IGNORED

Frank Lampard

Unfortunately something has to chance - we know the board and owner will not go (or at least not immediately!!) and you can't immediately swap out the playing squad in one go. So manager is always the 'easy' change. Its the nature of the job.

Think Lampard has not had much luck especially with Dom being crocked for most of this season - you can still see he is still not up and running.

Financially the screw has been tightened even more at the club - with our Russian billionaire friend (or interferer!) and big money sponsor having to part ways. 

The club has nowhere near replaced our best and most influential attacker in Richarlison. Everybody has said we needed more in an attacking sense and low and behold the team struggle in the final third.  

However, this poor poor run of results against the other poor teams of the Premiership and lack of inventiveness with tactics give even Lampard's biggest advocates little evidence to argue a strong case on keeping him at the helm. I am a fan of Lampard's and think with a couple of half decent attacking options he might in time develop a half decent team. Unfortunately, time is something he does not now have.

Collectively, the team have let him down massively, and chances are they will also let the next manager down as well (there is a definite pattern). Unfortunately, as galling at it is Benitez was kind of right when he said the squad and team is not good enough to play football in possession, this squad have only gone and proved this under Lampard.

In other circumstances Lampard might have done better, but in the mire that is Everton FC even the most seasoned managers have got there work cut out and need to drawn on every ounce of management experience they have got.

At this moment in time the Everton job is not a place for your Fergusons, Baines or even Rooney's.

As desperate as it sounds probably the most qualified person for this current situation is Fat Sam. He already knows the club and the board and owners he has to deal with, and he knows a relegation battle inside out with average players at his disposal.

However, as club fucked him over a bit when it came to a proper contract when he moved us right up the league last time he was here, he will probably want a longer contract at day one. He has also be out of the game a while now, and things move on.  

It will not be pretty, but it might be our best bet on the single remit of 'don't get us relegated'. We are now in full on survival mode!!

what a mess we are in. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently we're not considering him.

Fuck knows who these clowns will get - Stevie G. A cross between Benitez and Lampard.

I am now kind of losing interest in it all until we have new owners/ Chairman etc. The pantomime of a club is embarrassing the football games watched this passed few years are ever more feeling like a wasted 2hrs of my life. A decent chuck of my leisure time is considerably less enjoyable going that work!!! but as fans we can't help ourselves - are we all cursed!! 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently we're not considering him.

Probably sat round a table, moshiri, bill, thelwell…..

thelwell (hopefully) been working on candidates back in November after the two Bournemouth games in the view lampard was on thin ice and had done some groundwork.  Hopefully putting through strong cases for good candidates. 

bill and moshiri spouting names from a sentimental and Kia joorbachian perspective….. with sharpie just catching flies with his gob open. 

On 31/01/2022 at 13:45, StevO said:

The interview on there is good, he’s really likeable when he talks. 

But, not to be too negative, the photo with Bill and Farhad. Bill looks like a fucking scruff, shirt wide open and looking a mess. It’s a promo shot for the club, wear a shirt that fits and look tidy. It’s not hard. Anyway, back to the positivity!!

Fuck me Steve that's unlike you to critique someone's dress when they are promoting the club, if it was RPG or me we would have got slated and told what they wear and how they look is totally down to the individual, as in the case of that scruffy individual Deli. Sorry for pulling you on this mate but you reap what you sow 😂

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

To be fair, the fans sack the manager anyway. Maybe it was Mark’s turn? 😂

Your right we will all get the blame for this when we go down in the Summer. The next manager doesn't stand a hope in hell's chance of doing any better, because the biggest problem with this club still remains in place Moshiri and his board. Frank has like so many of his predecessors become sacrificial human to try and keep the natives happy, let's not accept the sacking of Lampard as the answer which they hope we do, let's rise up and in No certain terms let them know we won't be fobbed off our happy until they are gone. 

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Now I'm just dreading where we go next.

If it ends up being Nuno I'll go off my fucking head. It'll cost us £7m to get him out of his current contract and he's no better an option than Dyche who would be free.

He's also not what we need.

The board need to accept that shiti taka isn't what our club needs or wants. We as a fanbase are not patient enough for mindless passing. We are a club grounded in working class standards of graft and determination with a desire to do the best we can. Sometimes it's pretty, sometimes is exciting but sometimes it's just blood-sweat-and-tears, to get the job done and done well. 

Moyes understood that, I think he was the last manager who did. It was certainly the last time we had any real identity. Wasn't always pretty but I knew who I was watching. 

We've tried Hollywood, we've tried up-and-coming "modern", we even tried taking a kopite. All spectacularly failed. We need a down to earth disciplinarian, not just because of the shitty situation we find ourselves in but because our fans demand hard work and the poncy possession bullshit doesn't mean hardwork. 

That leaves us with Dyche. I can't believe we're here but he is the right man for the job and the club. 

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Still no statement from the club. What a joke we are.

Laughing stock, this is what our board is.   The people who run our club..,, no wonder we are where we are.   Maybe it was point 121 on the plan and missed out by one place. 

may get a stadium video instead.