IGNORED

Frank Lampard

Fuck sake...trying to write a decent post but something on here keeps adding loads of spaces between paragraphs. Anyone got an idea? Tried logging out and all that, keeps happening. Doesn't happen on anything else I use one my phone. It's like the 'return' button is being pressed on a keyboard!

37 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Fuck sake...trying to write a decent post but something on here keeps adding loads of spaces between paragraphs. Anyone got an idea? Tried logging out and all that, keeps happening. Doesn't happen on anything else I use one my phone. It's like the 'return' button is being pressed on a keyboard!

It sometimes does a double space between paragraphs for me on iPhone. 
I find if I hit space and then return straight after it then it just goes to the next line. If there is a second or so in between then it goes two lines down.

Dont worry about the gaps, write what you’ve got to say. 

45 minutes ago, memmaclub2 said:

As improbable as it is if we were winning games abd moving up the table I would forgive players board and manager but we haven’t looked too 6-8 for a long time.

Well if the club was challenging around 6-8 in the league then it’s probably because there is a whole lot more going right at the club. As we are 14 points off 8th place after 18 games it’s obvious there a deeper issues. 
What’s going on across the fan base isn’t just because we aren’t doing well this season, or last season, it’s just finally turning around a few people who believed the lies Kenwright has come out with over the years, so gained more support. 
We could win the next three games and shoot up the league table, but the same problems are still there.
It’s more than three points on a Saturday afternoon for me. 

53 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure we can financially afford to sack Lampard and his staff.

It feels very much like it's a choice between being able to make signings this month or changing the manager.

If that is the case we are well and truly fucked because him and his expensively assembled mates are taking us down.

If you keep twisting, sooner or later your gonna go bust, at some point you just have to say stick to have any chance in the game, even if you still only have 14.

I very much feel that is the hand we have been dealt and the one we have to play right now. Even if we dealt it ourselves and have nothing up our sleeves.

I'm not saying FL is the Messiah who will save us, far from it, but I just don't see how changing the manager once again is gonna save us. 

With the millions it would cost us to offload him I would much rather put that money into better players in the squad. 

Better players + same manager has a much greater chance of staying up than same players + different manager, at least in my opinion and taking into consideration our financial mess.

For me, I think I'm (reluctantly) sticking on 14 and hoping to high heaven the dealer goes bust.

38 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

If you keep twisting, sooner or later your gonna go bust, at some point you just have to say stick to have any chance in the game, even if you still only have 14.

I very much feel that is the hand we have been dealt and the one we have to play right now. Even if we dealt it ourselves and have nothing up our sleeves.

I'm not saying FL is the Messiah who will save us, far from it, but I just don't see how changing the manager once again is gonna save us. 

With the millions it would cost us to offload him I would much rather put that money into better players in the squad. 

Better players + same manager has a much greater chance of staying up than same players + different manager, at least in my opinion and taking into consideration our financial mess.

For me, I think I'm (reluctantly) sticking on 14 and hoping to high heaven the dealer goes bust.

I disagree. 

Frank was given a lot of money over the summer, we brought in a decent number of players and a lot of people were fairly happy with the business that we did. Despite that this team has performed worse than they ever have done. 

Under his management we recently have lost to Leicester (15th), Wolves (16th), Bournemouth (17th), Southampton (20th). We conceded 9 to those teams and scored 2. 

We cannot add West Ham to that list, who from what I saw on MOTD, had enough chances to beat Wolves yesterday.

If Frank had a great CV to draw on maybe, I would be more inclined to agree but he doesn't. He has managed two clubs who were two of the best teams in their respective leagues and he didn't achieve anything with them. 

There is nothing since Frank has been here that would warrant him keeping his job. We need to realistically be looking at who can keep us in the league, and if not, who can get us out of the Championship and has enjoyed some of that success in recent years where the technical and tactical side of the game has moved on significantly (i.e. not Steve Bruce!). 

I am not sure how many managers that list includes but the immediate ones are Dyche, Nuno, Parker and Bielsa. I am sure there are more. Dyche is obvious having kept Burnley up on a shoestring. Nuno was the manager of a Wolves side that had players that were miles better than the Championship and his past managerial exploits aren't great. Parker is a massive twat by all accounts and Bielsa worked wonders with Leeds but I am not sure that type of football would work here. The risky option would be someone like Kompany who sounds like he went into a bit of a similar situation (fans/board protests) at Anderlecht and steadied the ship and has then gone on to transform Burnley. I very much doubt he would join us at this time though. 

2 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

I do not agree. My opinion is not backed up by real data, but from my point of view a change of manager most of the time brings at least short term improvement if the team is failing miserably prior to the change. Same happened when Lampard came. We would have gone down with Benitez no doubt. Unfortunately Lampard's mojo only lasted this long. There's that second season slump that most managers experience. A new manager with a couple of signings can make a huge difference. 

32 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I do not agree. My opinion is not backed up by real data, but from my point of view a change of manager most of the time brings at least short term improvement if the team is failing miserably prior to the change. Same happened when Lampard came. We would have gone down with Benitez no doubt. Unfortunately Lampard's mojo only lasted this long. There's that second season slump that most managers experience. A new manager with a couple of signings can make a huge difference. 

It didn't, actually. Of the first 9 PL matches after Frank took over, we lost 7 and won 2.

The supporters got us over the line last year. Yes Frank had something to do with it; his passion and connection to the supporters surely played a part in our staying up. But we certainly didn't get a new manager bounce when he came in.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

That's exactly may point. In a year's time, we'll be saying exactly the same thing and looking for the next quick managerial fix. At some point, you have to stick with something through the rough patch to get to the other side. And God knows we are in a rough patch.

I honestly think that with a fit DCL this year we wouldn't be in this position. The season has pretty much played out very similar to last year, only this time round we have Maupay instead of Richarlison. Of course we're in the same, even worse, position!

Again, I'm not trying to say Lampard is the answer, I'm just not convinced that anyone else (who we could realistically afford or who would come) could do much better. Add on top of that our dire financial state and I can only come to the conclusion that what it would cost to change the manager (and all his staff) would be better spent on improving the squad and getting in the best quality striker we can afford. If DCL gets injured again, were are 100% down. 

Our only chance of staying up is finding extra firepower up top, cos there are not enough goals in this squad!

New manager or not, we just do not score enough goals.

Let's say we do sack FL tomorrow (Monday), who here seriously thinks we'll have someone lined up already? What are the chances we'll have someone new in place for West Ham? What are the chances that Bainesy will be 'given a go'?

Ok. I'll concede (even though a doubt the board have such competence), we sack FL on Monday and have a new man in by the end of the week. Best case scenario. That still doesn't leave much time to bring in new players that the new manager wants who we don't have money for anyway. It's also just continuing our recipe for disaster that has lead us here in the first place: chopping and changing the manager and creating a disjointed, confused, hodgepodge squad. How can this be answer? 

Whatever money we have I would be throwing it all at the best striker we can get our hands on. 

I think it would be a massive failing of the DoF and the board if Frank isnt sacked and replaced ahead of the end of the transfer window.

The DoF should have a list of managerial candidates based on the playing style he wants us to play and therefore the players he wants to sign in this window shouldn't really be impacted. 

I guess we will very quickly find out whether the structural review of the playing side of the club has managed to address any of the issues of previous seasons. 

10 hours ago, RPG said:

The playing style that the DOF wants to play will take time to implement. We don't have that time. We have to be the dogs of war, Joe Royle, Fat Sam type of team until we are safe. Then we can think about what style we want to play. In our situation we do not have the luxury of being able to choose a style.

It should already have started to have been implemented and the 6 signings in the summer. It looks like we were being set up to sit deep and play on the break until we signed McNeil and Maupay. That might not be our long term strategy but it might be needed to move us from now, to safety and settling us down in the league for a couple of years. 

You always have to think about what style of play you want to implement, because otherwise whatever decisions the club make will be all over the place. If we want to play football on the counter attack, then lets bring in a manager who knows how to set a team up to do it successfully and the players in that will suit that way of playing. That isn't a luxury, it is a necessity.

18 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Doubt it, not many West Ham fans like him after the way he moved to Chelsea, then again they aren’t the sharpest pencils in the box. 😂

The owners won't give a fuck about that just the same that ours didn't give a shit about appointing Benitez, plus they'd sell it as a homecoming. As they are shills, saving money will be attractive to them. I'd be surprised if a deal of this kind hadn't been at least discussed.

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

Creativity is definitely a massive issue. Iwobi was our only real spark and he is struggling to make an impact. Our wide players are massively inconsistent and our centre forward barely touches the ball. 

Richarlison wasnt exactly creative but he bundled his way through things, won the ball in good areas and made a habit of getting on the end of things. 

As Southampton showed at the weekend though, you dont need to be creative. Hit your big man, get runners off him, be positive and hope something gets finished. We have an attacker with one of the best leaps in the league and yet we barely stand a cross up for him to attack.

From DoF down, we are desperate for some clear direction yet all I see is a lot of confused thinking.

I see nothing utter negligence and rudderless. Other rival clubs strengthening the board are more concerned with throwing the fans under a bus.

What is up with his subs?  Been an issue for his whole tenure.

We can't score goals...

When DCL plays, where are the crosses into the box?  Non-existent.

When Maupay plays are we playing to his strengths? Not entirely sure what they are. Maybe a nuance in the box predator? Are we trying to feed that? A slide rule pass every now and then? Does not seem like it.

Seems like our only plan is individual brilliance from the wingers cutting in.  If that is our only threat, it is very easy to defend.

Other than Iwobi, does anyone in the squad have more than 1 assist from open play?  Why do our attackers hate passing the ball?  Dribbling down blind alleys all day.

Is Frank trying to do anything about what I mentioned above?  Is it the players refusing to change? Benching Gordon hasn't improved his attitude.  Can any manager in the world fix it?

The championship might not contain the best players but it is full of players that have grit and stick to their jobs.  Really fearing for us.

28 minutes ago, Btay said:

I feel I always side with the manager until they are sacked but I must say, I feel the goals we concede are not down to poor instructions or tactics from that manager. Look at Soton - their first goal is just school boy errors, long ball to the CF, Tarks doesn’t even try and get in to an area to cover & Godfrey dives in. Second goal - they 100% would have stressed not to give a free kick away in that exact area. Gordon is just a dickhead. Myko tries to get on the line but doesn’t get there & Pickford leaves it thinking Myko has that side covered.

Frank has his flaws but right now, he’s the only person in any elevated role that has integrity & respect towards the club/fans.

Id say they are both training ground issues. The second clearly hasnt been worked on enough and the first is complete and utter breakdown from the unit of 3 CBs. 

Add to that we conceded a big chance from a set piece too.

We have loads of tactical flaws from front to back.

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Id say they are both training ground issues. The second clearly hasnt been worked on enough and the first is complete and utter breakdown from the unit of 3 CBs. 

Add to that we conceded a big chance from a set piece too.

We have loads of tactical flaws from front to back.

It’s become quite clear to me that the players have had no coaching in terms of patterns of play. Make it up as they go along.