IGNORED

Liverpool ( away ) Sunday 24th April

Btay

At 0-0 I thought we had a chance of nicking a point possibly 3, as soon as they scored that disappeared as they could stroke the ball around across the back, and they started to pull us out of position, creating more space for them to play and creat chances. I’m happy we kept the score down to 2 and not hurting us more with the goal difference.

I will keep having faith we can get the points we need until it’s not possible.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Fucks sake, Souness is such a twat.

Played in a golf comp on the North course Valda Lobo he was in it as well, chatting to him on the first tee he was in the 4 ball in front of us, let him know I was an Evertonian he had that look of oh fuck on his face, 1 of my mates said you could see he didn’t like that.

I should have sent a couple through them in the hope of knocking him out, but your right he’s a twat. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Played in a golf comp on the North course Valda Lobo he was in it as well, chatting to him on the first tee he was in the 4 ball in front of us, let him know I was an Evertonian he had that look of oh fuck on his face, 1 of my mates said you could see he didn’t like that.

I should have sent a couple through them in the hope of knocking him out, but your right he’s a twat. 

And so are you for not taking your chance! 😜

49 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

At 0-0 I thought we had a chance of nicking a point possibly 3, as soon as they scored that disappeared as they could stroke the ball around across the back, and they started to pull us out of position, creating more space for them to play and creat chances. I’m happy we kept the score down to 2 and not hurting us more with the goal difference.

I will keep having faith we can get the points we need until it’s not possible.

15% possession killed us, we need to mind the ball better. If we do that we can dictate the play in a more positive way and then Gordon will get us chances going forward so we don’t have to feed of scraps.

Another game where we've actually had the better chances in the game but this time failed to even take a point. There just is not enough confidence and quality in this team. At the best of times you've got to take your chances when they present themselves, but it's absolutely vital you do it when you're in the position we're in. 

For an hour the game plan worked perfectly. We were disciplined and solid and we really frustrated the shite and held them at arms length. That gave me hope we could snatch a point from this but then the inevitable happened and that was that.

I look at games like today and I just think to myself if we'd played like this more often this season then we'd have picked up so many more points and would be nowhere near getting relegated. I'm not saying we'd be up near the European places or anything like that, but I have no doubt we'd have ground out more results and would be sitting comfortably mid-table.

I know some of you lot have given up on us this season and have accepted we're going down but until it's impossible I'm going to keep believing.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another performance by the officials has me far more concerned than anything our players did today. It was another in a long line of horrendous showings from them.

We should have had a penalty for sure. I can understand the ref on the pitch not giving the decision but how the fuck is VAR not sorting that out? Matip stood on Gordon's foot ffs and the cameras caught it. This is what VAR is for!

TAA pushes Gordon when he's going to race past him straight in on goal. Nothing given but probably could have seen red for being last man. That's on the ref and was fucking blatant as well.

Mane should have been sent off for not once, but twice, putting his hand into one of our players' faces.

Richarlison should have been sent off for kicking out at Henderson as well.

The standard of officiating in this league is absolutely shite. The only way it'll change is if they are actually held accountable for their fuck ups. I'm all for respecting the officials but it's a two way street and they show none.

This. We will need some impartial referees. Probably some hope of that.😒

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another performance by the officials has me far more concerned than anything our players did today. It was another in a long line of horrendous showings from them.

We should have had a penalty for sure. I can understand the ref on the pitch not giving the decision but how the fuck is VAR not sorting that out? Matip stood on Gordon's foot ffs and the cameras caught it. This is what VAR is for!

TAA pushes Gordon when he's going to race past him straight in on goal. Nothing given but probably could have seen red for being last man. That's on the ref and was fucking blatant as well.

Mane should have been sent off for not once, but twice, putting his hand into one of our players' faces.

Richarlison should have been sent off for kicking out at Henderson as well.

The standard of officiating in this league is absolutely shite. The only way it'll change is if they are actually held accountable for their fuck ups. I'm all for respecting the officials but it's a two way street and they show none.

For the ref to not blow for the penalty is questionable…. For another bloke in the same trade to be sat in an office not to review it and ask the ref to take a look is quite frankly corrupt. 

I said 3 years ago when Liverpool were running Man City close - the dodgy decisions Salah was getting was beyond a joke…. Like seriously fucked up. The game is genuinely ruined…. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

For the ref to not blow for the penalty is questionable…. For another bloke in the same trade to be sat in an office not to review it and ask the ref to take a look is quite frankly corrupt. 

I said 3 years ago when Liverpool were running Man City close - the dodgy decisions Salah was getting was beyond a joke…. Like seriously fucked up. The game is genuinely ruined…. 

I agree the refereeing was questionable, but our tactics didn't do us any favours. Having the ball in play for 29 minutes of the first half, time wasting from the outset and trying to milk fouls didn't do us any favours in the ref's eyes. 

When we started attacking them on the counter instead of sitting deep everything changed. And the red shite looked really vulnerable. Shoudlve stuck to that from the start.

1 hour ago, badaids said:

The Jonathan Liew article on the derby in The Guardian today beggars belief. Or maybe it doesn’t.

I usually like him but just from the snippets I've seen I've decided it'll just make my blood boil if I read it.

Did he, and others, just expect us to go there and get our tummy's rubbed and take a heavy beating?! They've just dismantled Man City ffs. Their players are on a completely different planet to ours, both in confidence and ability.

Like I mentioned before the game; we were risking a pasting no matter what we did. Sitting in and playing like we did was dangerous, but for an hour the tactics worked and if the officials actually do their jobs well and had we taken the few opportunities that fell our way then it's job done and we have something to defend.

For me, Lampard got the tactics right. He was rightly criticised for not being pragmatic in other away games since he arrived, like the Spurs game, and now he does and he's getting stick for that as well.

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Probably "levelling up" for the penalty we were cheated out of against City.

48 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Probably "levelling up" for the penalty we were cheated out of against City.

We have written to the pgmol to ask for an explanation…..

mike riley no doubt will issue another apology.

as far as I’m concerned we need to instigate legal proceedings…. This isn’t me crying cos we are going down as I think the blame for that lies elsewhere. However we are continually getting shafted and in all honesty the game has gone.

panorama need to be investigating this… not just us but take 3 years ago where it was almost worked to make it a last day event.   The F1 seen a similar scenario last season… let’s make it interesting and override the rules. 

money and sponsorship has ruined sport in many ways. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

as far as I’m concerned we need to instigate legal proceedings…. This isn’t me crying cos we are going down as I think the blame for that lies elsewhere. However we are continually getting shafted and in all honesty the game has gone.

panorama need to be investigating this… not just us but take 3 years ago where it was almost worked to make it a last day event.   The F1 seen a similar scenario last season… let’s make it interesting and override the rules. 

Won’t be seen as anything other than us being bitter I’m afraid. We’ve been getting shafted for years now but any noise we make will fall on deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

Won’t be seen as anything other than us being bitter I’m afraid. We’ve been getting shafted for years now but any noise we make will fall on deaf ears.

But it wouldn’t when you actually look at the decisions.  There is no getting away from it.   There will be 12 clubs at least who would be in full support. 

52 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We can't be the team that bitches and Moans because we aren't good enough. We have  a proud heritage that is being destroyed under the current ownership. We sound bitter and like  a team that belongs in the championship. How did we stoop so low