IGNORED

Liverpool ( away ) Sunday 24th April

Btay

Hopefully the boys are buzzing after the late equaliser- we are going to need every bit of momentum and luck go our way here.

Pickford 

coleman     Mina        Godfrey         Myko

DM*                          DVB

Gordon               Iwobi             Richarlison 

Rondon

DM - either Allan or Delph. Big ask having Delph back up but I don’t think we can play both against liverpool.

Rondon up top because we can’t have the ball coming back at us every time. 

Coleman - not sure his legs have it in him after such a quick turn around and he will be targeted all game.

I've watched the last two Liverpool games, and I have to say they are lightyears ahead of us. We'll be lucky not to get mauled to death. A point would be massive, anything less than a 3-0 loss, I would consider a decent result. I just don't see how we beat them. Our play is too slow, too inaccurate, we make way too many mistakes, and we struggle to score.

Probably not even gonna bother watching this one as I cannot see it being pretty in anyway.

Travelling up on Saturday for this one. Lads wkd away.

3 Liverpool mates and myself who decided it would be nice to give me a ticket.

Not so nice bit- I'm in the bloody Kop. 

Don't think i will have much too worry about, sitting on my hands or not cheering a Blues goal.

The night out before will definitely numb the pain.

A draw in this one will be like winning a cup- sad times.

9 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Travelling up on Saturday for this one. Lads wkd away.

3 Liverpool mates and myself who decided it would be nice to give me a ticket.

Not so nice bit- I'm in the bloody Kop. 

Don't think i will have much too worry about, sitting on my hands or not cheering a Blues goal.

The night out before will definitely numb the pain.

A draw in this one will be like winning a cup- sad times.

Milesey wear your Everton shirt mate, honestly your be fine 🤥

13 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

Probably not even gonna bother watching this one as I cannot see it being pretty in anyway.

I'll be watching the Emilia Romagna grand prix and the post match programmes will over run kick off. I may look in later from behind the sofa. I think it will be a difficult watch.

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

No idea why I must be glutton for punishment as I’ll be watching with the ridiculous hope that some miracle might happen. I used to go into these games with a glimmer of hope but that extinguished many years ago now. 

Last season we went there expecting to win, and we did, how things have changed.

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Doucoure has to play. Need his legs. 

Pickford

Kenny Godfrey Keane Mykolenko

Doucoure Allan VDB

Gordon Rondon Richarlison

Liverpool will target Doucoure with press and he will kill us in the midfield. Iwobi is offering so much energy, if he has recovered then he has to play.

3 hours ago, Btay said:

Liverpool will target Doucoure with press and he will kill us in the midfield. Iwobi is offering so much energy, if he has recovered then he has to play.

Agree to an extent. They’re going to target our entire midfield regardless of who we put out there. I have more faith in Doucoure losing it in a place that doesn’t kill us. Iwobi not so much. And btw that’s not Iwobi’s fault per say he’s the only one with the bravery to accept a pass in a dangerous position, I just don’t have the stomach or heart to see it Sunday when we’re eviscerated in 7.8 secs following his giveaway. 

Mykolenko is going to be tested like he’s never been tested before, he is going to have to Trent and Salah to contend with on his side, and if Delph is playing he will be no help to him what so ever in getting a cross to back him up, or Gray tracking back with Trent, for me we need Gordon or Richarlison on the left with Doucoure holding with Allan, and then just pray that it’s not a massacre and we can hold out for a point by frustrating the life out of them. 

4 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Agree to an extent. They’re going to target our entire midfield regardless of who we put out there. I have more faith in Doucoure losing it in a place that doesn’t kill us. Iwobi not so much. And btw that’s not Iwobi’s fault per say he’s the only one with the bravery to accept a pass in a dangerous position, I just don’t have the stomach or heart to see it Sunday when we’re eviscerated in 7.8 secs following his giveaway. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Mykolenko is going to be tested like he’s never been tested before, he is going to have to Trent and Salah to contend with on his side, and if Delph is playing he will be no help to him what so ever in getting a cross to back him up, or Gray tracking back with Trent, for me we need Gordon or Richarlison on the left with Doucoure holding with Allan, and then just pray that it’s not a massacre and we can hold out for a point by frustrating the life out of them. 

I get both your points here but I just can’t see us putting a team out to frustrate them for a 0-0. 

Doucoure for all his efforts is technically horrible, we can’t be turning the ball over to them in midfield or just constantly pumping it long to no one.

DVB, Allan and Iwobi all have enough ability to retain the ball and we might be able to play through their press for Gordon, Richarlison & Iwobi to drive at them.

It’s negative but I would maybe go Godfrey at RB ( Coleman I don’t think can back up after Leicester, Kenny is just not good enough ) for his athleticism. Keane into CB and then we might be to hurt them on set pieces

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

I get both your points here but I just can’t see us putting a team out to frustrate them for a 0-0. 

Doucoure for all his efforts is technically horrible, we can’t be turning the ball over to them in midfield or just constantly pumping it long to no one.

DVB, Allan and Iwobi all have enough ability to retain the ball and we might be able to play through their press for Gordon, Richarlison & Iwobi to drive at them.

It’s negative but I would maybe go Godfrey at RB ( Coleman I don’t think can back up after Leicester, Kenny is just not good enough ) for his athleticism. Keane into CB and then we might be to hurt them on set pieces

There’s nothing wrong with being negative in this game to try and go toe to toe would be suicidal, we need to find away of frustrating them by packing the MF and defending deep and cutting the space for them to move into behind the back line, it can be achieved but it needs players with a dogged resolve and stamina. 

I really don't think it matters which direction we go in, they'll snot us no matter what.

Sit in and frustrate them will just mean they have all the ball and then their quick, tricky players will be too much for us and they'll open us up like a tin of beans. We had joy sitting in and being compact against United because they play slow, insipid shite football. Leicester had 2 attacks in the first 5 minutes the other night and because they have quick players they almost scored from the first and then did from the second. It would be a bloodbath against the shite.

Try and get on the ball more and we'll inevitably give the ball away and then they'll blitz us on the counter-attack and obliterate us.

9 hours ago, Btay said:

Good shout for Godfrey at RB. I guess at this point we can't protect Mina anymore. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

VDB and Gomes unavailabe.

VDB huge miss. I like Btay's shout and I changed my mind on Rondon. He can definitely help us as a target man for counters but ultimately even though he works his arse off I can't trust Richarlison to cover Mykolenko with TAA and Salah.

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Keane Mykolenko
Doucoure Allan Iwobi
Gordon Richarlison Gray

Leicester, and all the better teams, run circles around Delph. Not the game for him. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Midfield three of Delph, Allan and Iwobi again then. I assume DCL is available and will start so the front three will probably be Gordon, DCL and Richarlison. Defence might be where we see some changes. Can Coleman manage to play on a Sunday after a Wednesday game? Will Michael Keane be preferred in one of the CB positions - possibly allowing Godfrey to play RB? Mykolenko should be nailed on to start at LB. Doucoure from the bench if we need a bit more energy in midfield. Rondon on if DCL disappoints again?

No, DCL is out as well.

Liverpool are so quick out of the blocks. They score early so often and its normally not just one either. 

We have to keep them out early. If we can do that it will frustrate them a bit and then they can go through a lull. 

United played a couple of first time balls over the top trying to get Rashford in as the defenders pressed out. You can definitely get behind them but Im not sure who I would trust to play that pass in midfield, probably only Iwobi. 

On 21/04/2022 at 02:57, Cornish Steve said:

We'll be eager to steal a point in order to stop them winning the league, so I shall predict a draw. We stopped them winning the league a few years back, so let's do it again. They'll enter the game way over-confident, so let's take advantage of that.

I like your confidence dude but fuck me these shower of pricks ripped United a new one on Tuesday. I was unfortunate enough to be out with my red shite loving brother in law for the game (his 40th birthday) and they have every right to be confident, Thiago bossed that game and if he plays against us we’re royally fucked. Burnley winning means we need to keep the score down cause our goal difference is shite.