IGNORED

Brentford (Home) 15th May

FairWooney

Never seen anything like it with ticket sales.  I'd planned to go but hand't bought tickets yet (general sale eligible only).  Tickets all sold out but always some on resale right....

Resale tickets appear every now and then and are gone again by the time you select the ticket!  Great to see such great support, just annoying i'm unlikely to get a ticket!

--

Hopefully much like other recent home games the crowd are in full force for this one which could if Leeds don't win seal our safety.  On the other hand if Leeds win then we could potentially (if Burnley also win) start the game in the relegation zone.

Brentford have had a great season after being heavily tipped for relegation they've looked pretty safe all season, playing some decent football at times.  They are also in decent form with 3 wins and a draw in their last 5 and have a decent away form, 11th in the table and have won 3 of their last 5 aways.

It'll be interesting to see how we play, wins against Man Utd, Chelsea, Leicester and a good battle at Anfield saw us sitting back with little of the ball and making good counter attacks, we struggled to assert ourselves against Watford where we got more of the ball and Brentford could be similar where we dominate the ball more but struggle to create clear cut chances.  Brentford are only slightly above us in the possession stats for the season so we really need to impose ourselves, press hard like we have in recent weeks but commit a bit more going forward.

Pickford

Coleman       Holgate     Keane      Mykolenko

Delph       Doucoure

Iwobi

Gordon           Richarlison         Gray

I'd like to see us back to 4 at the back with Iwobi given a bit more license to attack.  Doucoure favoured as well as he can carry the ball well and join the attack.

Brentford are such a strange team. They have been really poor but they have picked up points and then just when it was starting to look worrying for them, they signed Eriksen and once he has got back into the swing of things, they have started ticking again. Whatever game it was that I watch him for Brentford, he was as good as ever and every good piece of play went through him.

I think that if you can cut Eriksen out of the game, you will largely stop this Brentford side. 

28 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Brentford are such a strange team. They have been really poor but they have picked up points and then just when it was starting to look worrying for them, they signed Eriksen and once he has got back into the swing of things, they have started ticking again. Whatever game it was that I watch him for Brentford, he was as good as ever and every good piece of play went through him.

I think that if you can cut Eriksen out of the game, you will largely stop this Brentford side. 

Their centre half is a big Leeds icon…. But the Brentford manager will hate Leeds and want to see them down, 

I hope we freshen things up a bit because we are looking a bit jaded at the minute, unsurprisingly. 

I'd like to see Gray or Gordon drop to the bench (Gray because he's mostly ineffective and Gordon because he looks like he needs a rest more than anyone). Probably only one of those changes would be likely and I'd prefer it to be Gray that drops out and Richarlison moved to the left and bring a central striker in.

I'm purposely not saying which striker because I can't be arsed with talking about man bags, attitude, effort etc so please don't go there!

I've had a bit of a change of heart

Pickford

Coleman       Holgate     Keane      Mykolenko

Delph       Doucoure

Iwobi

Gordon           DCL            Richarlison       

As with Romey, can't be arsed to discuss thoughts on DCL apart from that he seemed fairly lively when he came on and I think that while Richarilson has been playing great I don't think he provides us that focus in the box as he gets too involved elsewhere.  I want to see DCL doing what Carlo got him doing which was getting into good spaces in the box as well as some good hold up play around the middle. 

Whilst I am not a fan, I would probably keep with Brentford and match their 5 at the back. When United played them (433) they left loads of spaces in the full back areas to attack with quick switches of play but I am just not sure we need to go there and try and be clever.

I expect the only change will be Allan for Delph but I would definitely look at dropping both Gray and Gordon for a game, with preference for the former and I would start Dom and/or Alli.

I think a few above have hit the nail on the head. 

Gray needs a rest, he hasn’t contributed a goal or an assist for a long time and his play at the moment is restricting his team mates. 

I would like Iwobi to return to his number 10 role but I am also okay with him playing out wide right for Alli in the middle. 

Pickford

Coleman    Keane     Holgate      Myko 

Allan                    Doucoure 

Iwobi                    Alli                Richarlison

DCL

* No issue with Gordon for DCL & Richie up top. Would like to see us play with a bit more intent, especially at home but ultimately 3 points is the target which ever way they come