IGNORED

Oleksandr Zinchenko

10 hours ago, Btay said:

I think he suits the type of football Frank wants us to play but also type of football we needed to play end of last season. Someone who can recycle possession & pick a pass but also get stuck in and work. Would be no worse than what we already have although that’s not saying much.

He feels like the type of player I imagine Frank would want (based on his time at Chelsea and Derby) but not the type of player he would want based on the end of last season. Im not sure he would have the robustness to get that stuck in week in week out in the Premier League. 

£30m for no worse isn't what we need though. That type of money needs to be a big improvement and the type of work our midfield were doing at the end of last season can be purchased much, much cheaper. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

He feels like the type of player I imagine Frank would want (based on his time at Chelsea and Derby) but not the type of player he would want based on the end of last season. Im not sure he would have the robustness to get that stuck in week in week out in the Premier League. 

£30m for no worse isn't what we need though. That type of money needs to be a big improvement and the type of work our midfield were doing at the end of last season can be purchased much, much cheaper. 

Yeah I get your point but he doesn’t mind getting stuck in a bit and working hard. In terms of technical ability he is much better than Doucoure & Allan. Massive upgrade on Gomes. Probably similar to someone like Gallagher. Works hard and will put in a shift but more polished skills in my opinion. 

45 minutes ago, Btay said:

Yeah I get your point but he doesn’t mind getting stuck in a bit and working hard. In terms of technical ability he is much better than Doucoure & Allan. Massive upgrade on Gomes. Probably similar to someone like Gallagher. Works hard and will put in a shift but more polished skills in my opinion. 

Technically he is head and shoulders above everyone we have and I'd include Lampard in that! 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fosse Captain said:

Imagine if this was a couple of years ago when we were cash rich and could’ve afforded him tho.
What a signing he’d be.

Instead we’re left with the legacy of Klaasen et al ☹️

Irrelevant though. We could have all the money in the world but if we've just had the shitshow of last season vs Arsenal... 

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Irrelevant though. We could have all the money in the world but if we've just had the shitshow of last season vs Arsenal... 

not necessarily. 
January transfer window, then absolutely. 

Summer window, every team starts afresh. 
Early days of old Lego-hair they were calling for him to be sacked and now look at them 🤷

Possibly a moot point, but if you have people in the club who can sell the project to a player, then anything is possible. 
And money always talks too. 

Just an opinion tho