IGNORED

Oleksandr Zinchenko

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/everton-fc-news/oleksandr-zinchenko-touted-everton-transfer-lampard-man-city/

Not sure how true this is and even if he would want to come to us, but I do like this lad -

has played predominately left back for Man City - but his more than capable in the middle of the park as a defensive midfielder. Proven Premiership and European level, 25 great age. Scores goals, can pass, can defend. 

Everton probably being used to push his price up. 

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

Really? Doesn't look like he has the build for it. Article is saying DCM too? I'm so confused :lol:

He’s got the engine, touch and vision - you’ve got to if you’re going to play as many as he has in this City team. I see him as a central midfielder in a 343 - covering left back space when attacking.

Unbelievably good yesterday against Scotland. Watching him in midfield to me makes me feel he isn’t being used properly as a LB. I can’t believe we’d be able to afford him but if we can it’s a no brainier. His quick feet yesterday completely surprised me.

14 minutes ago, barryj said:

Unbelievably good yesterday against Scotland. Watching him in midfield to me makes me feel he isn’t being used properly as a LB. I can’t believe we’d be able to afford him but if we can it’s a no brainier. His quick feet yesterday completely surprised me.

He's an awful LB tbh. I didn't see the game yesterday but going by the posts in here he'd be a decent signing for our midfield.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's an awful LB tbh. I didn't see the game yesterday but going by the posts in here he'd be a decent signing for our midfield.

This to be honest, I've always been amazed that he's managed to last so long at Manchester City because he's always looked absolutely shite at left-back, although I know that Ukraine play him in the midfield and he always seems to get brought up when his country plays - so perhaps not the worst deal of all time if the idea is to stick him in the middle of the park.

Without going properly out there and getting ahead of myself, maybe not a bad option if he can form a partnership with Mykolenko and slot into left-back when Myko bursts forward, yet stick in the middle when we haven't got the ball.

On 02/06/2022 at 00:15, Goodison Glory said:

According to Sportrac he is only on 20k a week...I find that incredible...by today's standards and Man City's. If we get him on that I say "hell yes"

Wouldn’t be surprised, city only plaid £1.5 million for him. I think he’s a really good player, versatile as well. As mentioned he could cover Myko when he bombs on as is decent enough as back up for left back. 

Zinchenko is decent LB cover in a team like City's but he would really struggle trying to play like we do. 

I also think he is very lightweight to be a holding midfielder in the Premier League so you would looking at him in a more advanced role. 

I don't mind him as a player, technically he is excellent, but Im not sure how he fits into this side at this time.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Zinchenko is decent LB cover in a team like City's but he would really struggle trying to play like we do. 

I also think he is very lightweight to be a holding midfielder in the Premier League so you would looking at him in a more advanced role. 

I don't mind him as a player, technically he is excellent, but Im not sure how he fits into this side at this time.

Struggle to play shite? Sounds like more of a reason to sign him to be honest. 

Zinchenko is decent but I wouldn’t want to spend big money on him he’s to left footed gets caught in possession quite often. 
he may have looked good agains Scotland and Wales but to be fair they aren’t very good teams. 

• MikeO changed the title to Oleksandr Zinchenko

West Ham released Yarmolenko.  At 32, doubt he will remain in England.

Zinchenko is a player but we would really have to sell the project to him.  Don't think we can spend big on him as CB and DM are the priority.  He could maybe play DM but for Ukraine he seems to play more of a box to box role.  Guess it depends on how Frank wants to play.  Feel like we could see something completely different at the start of the season.  Will just have to wait and see.  Trying to make the game in Baltimore and it will be interesting to see how he lines up.