IGNORED

Leeds (Away) 30th August

Btay

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

Very good at the back, as in, very, very good. Shite going forward but hopefully that'll right itself when DCL comes back or we have Maupay to at least aim for.

Turning defeats into draws isn't going to win us the league, but it might keep us in it. As someone who has firmly accepted what this season will be, I'll take the point and move on.

Don't know if I'd agree with that sentiment. There were some very shaky moments

Had some guests over from overseas,so obviously was more interested in chatting with them, so only had the match on in the background today. However, every time I looked at the screen, they were in our defensive third. When we scored the first goal, I was a little surprised. That they got their equaliser, not surprised. Rthe fact we scored another goal, albeit disallowed, gives me the feeling that at least we are not going to be relegated.

As I said, I didn't really watch the match, but from what I saw they really put pressure on us, but we managed to score two goals (an inch better pass/run and we would have won) against a team that is currently in the top 5.

Ok, I know I'm clutching at straws,but there is progress, and a point away at Eland Road is a decent result.

I'm confused as to how I feel about this game. I'm annoyed that we didn't win it but I'm also relieved that we managed to get out of there with a point.

That is being an Everton fan all over :lol:.

We started the game like a bag of shite and then somehow found ourselves ahead after a lovely bit of football. After that we settled into the game a lot more, but still retained the ball terribly and invited pressure. But we held out well and got to half time.

It was imperative that we held out to the inevitable fast start to the second half from Leeds, see that out and we had a brilliant chance to get our first three points of the season. Sadly we only lasted 10 minutes into the half before the equaliser came. Then it was just backs to the wall for the rest of the half really. Mostly because our ball retention is probably the worst in the league. We did well to see the half out and even could, and maybe should, have nicked the win.

Emotions galore after this one.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I don't have a problem with him making no subs to be honest, because I definitely was not sat there thinking "please get (insert name here) on".

Desperate for some returning players and new arrivals so the bench doesn't look so threadbare.

This. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but there were no players on the bench who screamed "go out and get us a goal" but there were a few who scream "go out there and cost us a goal"

We’re building something here. You can see it starting to come together. We’re a solid mid-table team for once. I’m already loving this team because it’s predictable and consistent. We don’t try to be something we’re not and everyone puts in a shift. Kudos to Frank for getting the best (which I know for many of the players still isn’t good enough for our aspirations but he’s not a miracle worker) out of so many players. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

Agreed. You can see that there is a process in place, that there is a game plan that the players understand and sign up to and the togetherness is a joy to behold. Still a way to go of course but I do feel that Frank and his team are getting us sorted.

Agreed also, but it was pretty horrible to watch for most the game, hopefully it will change with a proper CF in place.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm confused as to how I feel about this game. I'm annoyed that we didn't win it but I'm also relieved that we managed to get out of there with a point.

That is being an Everton fan all over :lol:.

We started the game like a bag of shite and then somehow found ourselves ahead after a lovely bit of football. After that we settled into the game a lot more, but still retained the ball terribly and invited pressure. But we held out well and got to half time.

It was imperative that we held out to the inevitable fast start to the second half from Leeds, see that out and we had a brilliant chance to get our first three points of the season. Sadly we only lasted 10 minutes into the half before the equaliser came. Then it was just backs to the wall for the rest of the half really. Mostly because our ball retention is probably the worst in the league. We did well to see the half out and even could, and maybe should, have nicked the win.

Emotions galore after this one.

I thought this at the time as well but it actually starts from Gordon getting tackled and then the Iwobi through ball that should have easily been cut out. Meslier doesn't cover himself in glory either!

Saying all of that, it is probably still the best bit of football we have played all season 😆

Look what can be achieved when we set our minds to it. Here's the lineup against Leeds earlier this year:

Richarlison (gone)
Calvert-Lewin (injured)
Gordon
van de Beek (gone)
Allan (benched)
Iwobi
Kenny (loaned)
Keane (benched)
Holgate (injured)
Coleman (benched)

And the subs...

Begovic