IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t give a fook where the manager is from. I never have. I care only about what they do with the team. 

That would mean you don't voice an opinion about any manager (incl Rafa) until they've actually taken over the team. I've not checked posts but if you've managed to refrain from commenting on prospective managers then you're more controlled than I am.

25 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wonder if Thelwell as been told to sound Potter out as a potential replacement for Dyche, if the worst was to happen in the next couple of months. Everyone has the right to dream now and then. 

The next 4 games could decide the rest of the season. 
I do think the small squad will help us if we avoid injuries. 

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

That would mean you don't voice an opinion about any manager (incl Rafa) until they've actually taken over the team. I've not checked posts but if you've managed to refrain from commenting on prospective managers then you're more controlled than I am.

I’ll help you then…..

On 01/07/2021 at 14:04, Hafnia said:

I noticed he managed Newcastle on a negative net spend and got them promotion. 

No one knows how he will do here ..... Did anyone predict Ancellotti would have us playing awful football at home with the worst home record in years??? 

On 01/07/2021 at 15:15, Hafnia said:

Top and bottom of it is this.....he has won more trophies than any of our previous managers bar Ancellotti.

We can look at Newcastle China or whatever and try and predict how he will do here..... It makes no odds, we will only know when he starts.

He isn't soft, both he and moshiri know that mediocrity on the level of Ancellottis season will be handled with complete protest.  Moshiri will need to back him, Rafa will demand that.... They are both in a situation where there must be results.

Im quietly optimistic.... But maybe it's wishful thinking

On 03/07/2021 at 14:10, Hafnia said:

Difference being one made his name winning trophies and the other by avoiding relegation.

Called us a small club for doing a penknives to gunfight routine in the Derby..... Wasn't wrong was he? Not nice to hear but given the fact that the next 10+ years seen us face Liverpool like they were Barcelona and we were Accrington Stanley does actually make him correct in his sentiments.

Spat his dummy out big time cos he didnt win - I like that.  Maybe if our players were like that they wouldn't be stood round the circle at full time talking behind their hands to opponents having just been beaten. 

Im not starting a Rafa fan club but I'll certainly be fully behind him if kicks some arses into shape and our shitty culture gets replaced with a winners mentality. 

I’ll give players or managers plenty of optimism and backing despite any reservations I will give them enough time till I think they aren’t up to it.  I’m not the type of person to dump on someone till they’ve been given a chance.

history will show I’ve backed players heavily at the start and only got negative once I have seen signs of laziness, attitude or just being really shit. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Gray scores winner for Jamaica he wasn’t fit though. 
still say we’ve all been played over this transfer. 

Fair play to the lad, managed to be match fit enough to play against the mighty hondouras.  

we should have trebled the fee and indulged his maverick petulant ways for such a match winner. 

33 minutes ago, patto said:

The next 4 games could decide the rest of the season. 
I do think the small squad will help us if we avoid injuries. 

I would say in the next 5 games  we need to get some decent points, not to say if we don’t we are in serious trouble, but that would be 9 games or nearly 25% of the season already finished. I would have huge concerns if after nearly 25% of the season we find ourselves on 5-6 points especially when 7 of the games were against teams we would have liked to have gotten something from. Whether through poor finishing or poor defending in the first 4 games the reality is we have 1 point, so to get 7-9 points from the 5 will do more than just change our league position it will give everyone belief that the recent transfer window is working and the team are improving game by game, if we blow up in the next 5 like the first 4 things are going to get very uncomfortable for Dyche. So regardless of whether there are 38 games we need to get some momentum were we are picking up points sooner rather than later. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would say in the next 5 games  we need to get some decent points, not to say if we don’t we are in serious trouble, but that would be 9 games or nearly 25% of the season already finished. I would have huge concerns if after nearly 25% of the season we find ourselves on 5-6 points especially when 7 of the games were against teams we would have liked to have gotten something from. Whether through poor finishing or poor defending in the first 4 games the reality is we have 1 point, so to get 7-9 points from the 5 will do more than just change our league position it will give everyone belief that the recent transfer window is working and the team are improving game by game, if we blow up in the next 5 like the first 4 things are going to get very uncomfortable for Dyche. So regardless of whether there are 38 games we need to get some momentum were we are picking up points sooner rather than later. 

:crying:

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

Managing us is like been handed a poisonous chalice you know you have to drink from it occasionally, yet doing so is probably going to kill you. So what makes these managers come here the money, the challenge, or nothing else better being offered, but what ever their motives they most surely no from what’s happened to past managers the chance of staying much past a year are very slim.  

That's most management jobs in the Prem these days.

Which I think is a shame. 

19 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Fair play to the lad, managed to be match fit enough to play against the mighty hondouras.  

we should have trebled the fee and indulged his maverick petulant ways for such a match winner. 

See the problem is some people actually think we got a good deal getting 8m on him it’s pathetic. 

17 hours ago, Newty82 said:

That's most management jobs in the Prem these days.

Which I think is a shame. 

That’s because there’s so much money in the PL and the CL that the fear of under achieving is so great in money terms clubs aren’t prepared to take a chance that a manager will steady the ship and turn things around. If we look at us going into to new ground next season with no money relegation would be the biggest financial blow we could ever imagine. I’ve always felt that PL has more of a duty to the team’s that don’t have the resources to compete in the league when they are in the league, not when they have done all their money trying to save their status as PL club only to be relegated and facing financial peril. You can see why so managers lose their jobs each season because money is the King for so many. We need to take away the fear of financial death by tripling or quadrupling the balloon payment for relegation as an idea to try and bring some stability to the lesser teams and hopefully this in turn will help managers by giving them the time to make difference instead of the December bullet. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s because there’s so much money in the PL and the CL that the fear of under achieving is so great in money terms clubs aren’t prepared to take a chance that a manager will steady the ship and turn things around. If we look at us going into to new ground next season with no money relegation would be the biggest financial blow we could ever imagine. I’ve always felt that PL has more of a duty to the team’s that don’t have the resources to compete in the league when they are in the league, not when they have done all their money trying to save their status as PL club only to be relegated and facing financial peril. You can see why so managers lose their jobs each season because money is the King for so many. We need to take away the fear of financial death by tripling or quadrupling the balloon payment for relegation as an idea to try and bring some stability to the lesser teams and hopefully this in turn will help managers by giving them the time to make difference instead of the December bullet. 

For me the easy way of levelling up is to limit all teams to what they can spend and forget the net spend say for instance 100m per team can be spent.

And teams should be limited to squad size and they should be limited to how many loans out.

3 hours ago, patto said:

See the problem is some people actually think we got a good deal getting 8m on him it’s pathetic. 

Thought it was £10m…. But yeah absolutely.   We are getting low on players who can do the “turn up once every 5 matches and not give a shit for the others” role, probably getting down to the bare bones though with just Gomes left.  

with maupay, Holgate, Gordon, and now gray off the payroll we may need to make a move for Jesse lingaard maybe?  

15 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Fixed it for you 

I think we all know that it’s better to have a squad of players who are pulling together and not one that has a few bad eggs among them.

if Demarai gray was a centre half I’d be concerned… the reality is that Harrison, Mcneil, danjuma, Dobbin can cover 2 wide spots and we have beto and dcl who could probably play wide forward 

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

We made about 400% profit on a player who doesn’t want to be here. There is a reason we could buy him for less than £2m in the first place. 
The problem is anyone who doesn’t think we got a good deal. We are financially fucked and £8m will help a lot!

Just because he only cost 1.7 m doesn't mean we done well tell me who we get to replace him for 8m regarding him not wanting to be here did he ask to leave.

He was sat on the sideline being told he wasn't required and not even included in first team training what was he supposed to do while Dyche was telling porky's to the press.

28 minutes ago, patto said:

He was sat on the sideline being told he wasn't required and not even included in first team training what was he supposed to do while Dyche was telling porky's to the press.

On 03/09/2023 at 22:28, patto said:

So that’s it then it’s all Grays fault and yet nobody really knows what’s gone on. 

On 04/09/2023 at 08:01, patto said:

...for me this is poor from Dyche personal vendettas should not affect the club..

Read the bit in bold (your own words) and then rationalise that with your constant postings suggesting that you know exactly what was going on.

@Zoo 2.0 posted a few days back in the Gray thread that, "Patto's had a mare here" and you asked, "Why?" See above.

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think we all know that it’s better to have a squad of players who are pulling together and not one that has a few bad eggs among them.

if Demarai gray was a centre half I’d be concerned… the reality is that Harrison, Mcneil, danjuma, Dobbin can cover 2 wide spots and we have beto and dcl who could probably play wide forward 

Absolutely, it’s no good trying to keep a player if he has a bad attitude, it will only cause unrest around the training ground

I liked him as a player and thought he offered something the squad is badly lacking I.e. goals and creativity

However much like the Lucas Digne scenario it was absolutely the right decision to shift him on but let’s not kid ourselves that getting £8m for him is a good deal

42 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Absolutely, it’s no good trying to keep a player if he has a bad attitude, it will only cause unrest around the training ground

I liked him as a player and thought he offered something the squad is badly lacking I.e. goals and creativity

However much like the Lucas Digne scenario it was absolutely the right decision to shift him on but let’s not kid ourselves that getting £8m for him is a good deal

It was £10m I’m sure. The reason it was a good deal is cos when he left Leicester he caused a stink, we got him from Germany for a pittance and no other prem clubs came in for him. 

it’s quite clear based on what we see that he has a pissy attitude. Talented for sure, but we could say the same about many players…. Jesse lingaard for example. 

We only got 8m for because no other team in the entire universe offered anymore for him. 
Us fans may feel that’s under priced.

But football scouts and DoFs who do it for a job…. Don’t. 

So yes, 8m for a player who has already hit his ceiling. Seems to fall out with managers wherever he goes… is a good piece of business.

1 hour ago, patto said:

Just because he only cost 1.7 m doesn't mean we done well tell me who we get to replace him for 8m regarding him not wanting to be here did he ask to leave.

I’m not sure we need to worry about spending £8m to replace him. We should be just as worried about needing £8m to balance the books. But we got £30m for Gray and Iwobi, we should be able to pick someone up for less than that. Maybe Harrison with his rumoured release clause. 

Accoridng to Dyche; no he didn’t ask to leave. He told the club he was leaving! No asking. 

You don’t see that Dyche saying that to the press was protecting Gray? 

Would you rather he went to the press and tell them Gray is demanding the club sell him and has gone and agreed a deal with another club behind Everton’s back and without permission?

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’m not sure we need to worry about spending £8m to replace him. We should be just as worried about needing £8m to balance the books. But we got £30m for Gray and Iwobi, we should be able to pick someone up for less than that. Maybe Harrison with his rumoured release clause. 

Accoridng to Dyche; no he didn’t ask to leave. He told the club he was leaving! No asking. 

You don’t see that Dyche saying that to the press was protecting Gray? 

Would you rather he went to the press and tell them Gray is demanding the club sell him and has gone and agreed a deal with another club behind Everton’s back and without permission?

Isn’t that what Dyche did with his interview. 
but let’s put it to bed and talk about Jack Harrison he was my number 1 request for us to sign I think we will really enjoy this lad he’s so good. 
and we do have the option to sign him permanently while he is on loan we don’t have to wait till loan is over. 
but I presume we will have to offer a very good contract to get him.