IGNORED

Palace 17th Jan FA Cup

Matt

Wished I could have seen it but it wasn't the match showing on ESPN+ here in the states. 

Looks like the Luton Town FA Cup match will be a mid-afternoon UK time match on January 27th. I do wonder if this leads to the return match at Craven Cottage in the PL gets pushed back a day or if it stays on the following Tuesday. 

11 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Looks like the Luton Town FA Cup match will be a mid-afternoon UK time match on January 27th. I do wonder if this leads to the return match at Craven Cottage in the PL gets pushed back a day or if it stays on the following Tuesday. 

We’ll have 3 matches from Sat to Sat, so pushing the Fulham match to Wednesday would mean one fewer day between the Fulham and Spurs matches.  So Everton would gain a day before Fulham, but lose a day before Spurs.  Even more complicated, the midweek match will be evening, whereas the Spurs match that second Sat is the early match, 12:30.  Change would give more time to prepare for Fulham, but cut prep time ahead of Spurs match drastically.

Either way it’s very crowded.  Hope Doucouré and Coleman are available by then.

There was a very weird atmosphere in the ground last night, not helped by a huge number of poor passes, hit to hard, hit behind players and many nowhere near anyone, despite all that I thought we were the better team and deserved the win Dom and Lewis unlucky not to score.

Its a win, good to be back in winning ways and we’re progressing in the cup.

12 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

We’ll have 3 matches from Sat to Sat, so pushing the Fulham match to Wednesday would mean one fewer day between the Fulham and Spurs matches.  So Everton would gain a day before Fulham, but lose a day before Spurs.  Even more complicated, the midweek match will be evening, whereas the Spurs match that second Sat is the early match, 12:30.  Change would give more time to prepare for Fulham, but cut prep time ahead of Spurs match drastically.

Either way it’s very crowded.  Hope Doucouré and Coleman are available by then.

Those 12:30 starts in the UK are always fun in this part of the world as it means a 7:30 AM Eastern (or in my case 6:30 AM Central) start time here. 

12 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

True enough, though start-times for most Everton matches must be brutal for all our fans in Honolulu.

True though for a weekend match, it wouldn't be the worst idea to pull an all-nighter. 

Some of the WWC matches were brutal for start times here in the states, especially for the USWNT matches. I know the WWC final started around 6:00 AM Eastern.