IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) 2nd April

Romey 1878

Another massive let off, thank fuck we shut it out.

Dreadful first hour, awful set up and performances.  Pickers kept us is in it (his saves just as important as the pen).

Credit to Dyche and the subs, and to Dom for having the balls to take the pen.

Massive point that, great to see DCL on the score sheet as he doesn't half take some shit. I know it was from twelve yards but if he can get into any sort of scoring form it'll be welcomed, especially as the business end of the season is in full flow. Anything we can do to keep Luton at bay.

Always great to take points of Newcastle too, both because they're a weird breed of horse punching irritants and because it means that goblin Anthony Gordon will go to bed with a tear in his eye - hope he stands on a piece of Lego the daft gimp.

Great point wasn’t expecting that, Gomes brought some composure and quality to the possession when he came on, for me he turned the game in our favour. DCL deserved that goal after his hard work in the last 21 games. 
Pickford like so many times was the difference made some crucial saves to keep us in the game he’s my motm. 

5 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

It’s never going to be pretty with this side, but happy to say I’m proud of the squad today. They battled hard. 

I'm of the same opinion on this as well. If anything the Newcastle fans should be more disappointed with their performance considering how many opportunities they had to go up multiple goals on us. 

37 minutes ago, Matt Tiger said:

Insanity. I get it some matches but getting on onana today is crazy. 

Based on how we performed when he went off I wouldn't say so. 
very very economical with his running 

I now have my fingers crossed that Newcastle's disallowed goal will turn out to be a turning point in our recent fortunes

when that goal went in, Forest where breathing down our necks to go above us in the table tonight.

21 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Fuckin McNeil at the end there. Simply tap it forward for yourself to run onto...ballsed it right up.

Anyway. A point.

It was a gutsy performance in the end.

Nothing to sing n dance about. But there was some fight, at least.

Take it game by game, limp over the line.

To be fair to him, he ran himself in to the ground tonight.

All I’ll say, is we looked a lot more like an actual football team when Gomes & Garner came in to midfield.

Gana had some loose moments on the ball as per usual but he buzzed around. Onana had some decent moments on the ball but strolled around.

We deserved the point from that, much better performance from the squad & credit Dyche for the triple change.

Just now, Btay said:

To be fair to him, he ran himself in to the ground tonight.

All I’ll say, is we looked a lot more like an actual football team when Gomes & Garner came in to midfield.

Gana had some loose moments on the ball as per usual but he buzzed around. Onana had some decent moments on the ball but strolled around.

We deserved the point from that, much better performance from the squad & credit Dyche for the triple change.

Ai. Hopefully Dyche see's how the dynamic changed with Garner and Gomes on and is brave enough to allow more creativity to play.

9 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ai. Hopefully Dyche see's how the dynamic changed with Garner and Gomes on and is brave enough to allow more creativity to play.

Hope so mate, starting with a midfield of Onana, Gana, and Doucoure meant we never going to be in control of the game. Gomes and Garner gave us so much more creativity and time with the ball, the difference was like night and day. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Hope so mate, starting with a midfield of Onana, Gana, and Doucoure meant we never going to be in control of the game. Gomes and Garner gave us so much more creativity and time with the ball, the difference was like night and day. 

It’s just too many players who lack real technical ability on the ball. Onana is best of them and a midfield with him, Gomes & Garner could move the ball nicely but Gana showed up today defensively. We just need players to start doing it consistently.

8 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Won't change it though 😂

I'd probs feel 'safest' with Gana in along with Garner and Gomes.

I know Gana causes debate, but he's the best we have at cleaning up. So leave him back to do that. Let Garner and Gomes off the leash a bit.

Doucs and Onana, away from all out effort, aren't giving us what we need.