IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

22 hours ago, Ghoat said:

Breaks are for the weak, and those that missed preseason training!

Peaky Blinders is next when I finish MI-5/Spooks

The break is to absorb what happens. The reason BB is my favourite show isn’t because its a watch and enjoy title. It needs reflection to truly appreciate it

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

The break is to absorb what happens. The reason BB is my favourite show isn’t because its a watch and enjoy title. It needs reflection to truly appreciate it

I still think BCS is better (as I've said before) because there are no weaknesses imo while there are several poor performances among the supporting cast in BB, even though it's a superb piece of work overall.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I still think BCS is better (as I've said before) because there are no weaknesses imo while there are several poor performances among the supporting cast in BB, even though it's a superb piece of work overall.

BB was great. You had a feeling, eventually, where the conclusion of characters were heading (with some surprises) as the writers begin to narrow the character's options, but it was still fantastic television.

In BCS, you know EXACTLY what happens to most of the characters we meet, and it's a trainwreck.  But the fact that the writers keep you so riveted to see the series of events from seemingly divergent character, that lead to the trainwreck...and all the "ah, that explains" moments. It remains to be seen if BCS could be a "stand alone" series, but for me it has surpassed BB, which is a phenomenal feat.

And depending on what they do with the final couple of seasons, there is certainly the opportunity for a third installment. Maybe on Gene, maybe Jessie who knows.

1 hour ago, Ghoat said:

BB was great. You had a feeling, eventually, where the conclusion of characters were heading (with some surprises) as the writers begin to narrow the character's options, but it was still fantastic television.

In BCS, you know EXACTLY what happens to most of the characters we meet, and it's a trainwreck.  But the fact that the writers keep you so riveted to see the series of events from seemingly divergent character, that lead to the trainwreck...and all the "ah, that explains" moments. It remains to be seen if BCS could be a "stand alone" series, but for me it has surpassed BB, which is a phenomenal feat.

And depending on what they do with the final couple of seasons, there is certainly the opportunity for a third installment. Maybe on Gene, maybe Jessie who knows.

I think I’m gonna start Bcs tommorow. I miss the characters already 

25 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I'm prepared for the hate, but my all-time favorite show ahead of BB is LOST. BB is a close second though.

I enjoyed Lost a lot despite the dubious ending, wouldn't put it on a level with BB though. Hell I enjoyed Prison Break even though it had ridiculous story lines and cardboard acting and I've never watched Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire or Peaky Blinders so what do I know? Apparently Friends is still the most streamed show on Netflix but I thought it was total cack!

Each to their own.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I enjoyed Lost a lot despite the dubious ending, wouldn't put it on a level with BB though. Hell I enjoyed Prison Break even though it had ridiculous story lines and cardboard acting and I've never watched Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire or Peaky Blinders so what do I know? Apparently Friends is still the most streamed show on Netflix but I thought it was total cack!

Each to their own.

I'm one of the few that thought the ending was great. There was only one season that didn't really make sense or contribute to the story, but the other seasons completely made up for it. And even though that one season didn't make much sense, it was still entertaining. I love the characters in that show.

11 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I'm one of the few that thought the ending was great. There was only one season that didn't really make sense or contribute to the story, but the other seasons completely made up for it. And even though that one season didn't make much sense, it was still entertaining. I love the characters in that show.

Think I may revisit it; I've just finished watching BCS again in preparation for series five and I'm still watching Northern Exposure but Lost could live alongside that. Oh, and I do sometimes do things that don't involve watching my laptop:unsure:.

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Think I may revisit it; I've just finished watching BCS again in preparation for series five and I'm still watching Northern Exposure but Lost could live alongside that. Oh, and I do sometimes do things that don't involve watching my laptop:unsure:.

You and me both.

15 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Just seen a trailer for a series with Keifer Sutherland in. He becomes the president after a bomb wipes the whole cabinet out. Looks quite good 

Designated Survivor, series one great (because it's pretty much all handling the fallout from the bomb), series two not bad (but stretched and bitty while everything that can go wrong does), three (which is pretty much about him standing for a second term while the series two global calamities continue) I've given up on a little bit but I'll probably get back to it.

Should mention that the first two were done by ABC and Netflix picked up the third and the 'merican audience were outraged by the increase in "cussing" and a gay relationship (totally non-explicit). Worth a look certainly.

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Designated Survivor, series one great (because it's pretty much all handling the fallout from the bomb), series two not bad (but stretched and bitty while everything that can go wrong does), three (which is pretty much about him standing for a second term while the series two global calamities continue) I've given up on a little bit but I'll probably get back to it.

Should mention that the first two were done by ABC and Netflix picked up the third and the 'merican audience were outraged by the increase in "cussing" and a gay relationship (totally non-explicit). Worth a look certainly.

Cheers mike will give it a look.