IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

Saving face is a real issue, but this is easily remedied. Throw in Gareth Barry or James McCarthy at an inflated price, for example, and it looks like we coughed up the full amount. (Not that I want to lose either of those players, though - just making the point.)

Throw in Niase sounds better to me

Good, he fits RMs plan so who cares what he costs. COYB!

I hope we can forget the whole cost issue and just get behind the lad if he signs. Get this done and then get on with signing Giroud.

Did Gylfi switch allegiance to Belgium?

And just because we have money doesn't mean we should just let clubs pull our pants down, you still need to get as much value as possible!

Did Gylfi switch allegiance to Belgium?

And just because we have money doesn't mean we should just let clubs pull our pants down, you still need to get as much value as possible!

Lol, meant RK obviously ;)

Funny thing value. Youre always worth whatever someone is willing to pay. If Everton are willing to pay 40 plus 5 then he is worth 40 plus 5 for Everton.

I trust the manager and the club

Great stuff if true, daft money and I didn't want us being held to ransom but I'd be interested to see where he falls in that list of transfer fee's over the years that fall in line with today

For a lad that offers a lot I'd guess he sits fairly well in that list