IGNORED

Ross Barkley

For me nowhere near good enough at the moment. Not aggressive enough, takes far too much time deciding on his next pass.

Koemans comments today are interesting "we both agree his best position is in midfield" not sure what to make of that!

Really, so what did you make of him in the first 3 league games and the cup match 2 goals and an assist. (how many times do I have to mention that fact?)

I agree he was really poor against Sunderland, he spends too long on the ball and he needs to improve the defensive part of his game. But he is a young lad who is getting used to the way his new manager (3rd in 4 years) wants him to play. He has great natural talent, he just needs a good manager to develop him.

I can't believe so many fans jump on his back at his first bad game. Try to remember he is one of us.

but the more experience he gets and the confidence he gets the better he will play.

Really, so what did you make of him in the first 3 league games and the cup match 2 goals and an assist. (how many times do I have to mention that fact?)

I agree he was really poor against Sunderland, he spends too long on the ball and he needs to improve the defensive part of his game. But he is a young lad who is getting used to the way his new manager (3rd in 4 years) wants him to play. He has great natural talent, he just needs a good manager to develop him.

I can't believe so many fans jump on his back at his first bad game. Try to remember he is one of us.

but the more experience he gets and the confidence he gets the better he will play.

I don't think he has been that good in previous matches.

Stats ate what they are, something for people to use for or against an argument or discussion.

What I can remember is how people were judging his performances during those matches. It was nothing to shout home about.

He must be one of the most called for subs so far this season. Bit like our results so far...Until we are in front we haven't looked very good.

Goals and results gloss over things.

Don't get me wrong, I think people calling for him to be dropped, or saying he hasn't got it...is a bit premature.

But I also agree that he needs to show more fight and aggression if he wants to stay in the team.

At the moment, and this hurts me to say it, but Ross would be last name on the teamsheet.

I wouldn't know who to put on between Ross,Gerry or Valencia!

I thought he did ok nothing more nothing less. Nowhere near the level he needs to be. Facts remained we looked a much better side going forward with him on the bench. I'm a big fan of his. But he's stagnated for over 18 months.

you say he's had no weight on his shoulders?

the lad has had far too much expectations - when you know that the likes of Wayne Rooney and Gerrard have taken time out to try and help him deal with the expectations of local fans it says a lot.

Weight on his shoulders before the break... when he became fit and started properly playing for us thats when the pressure set in, i think you misinterpreted what i was saying. My point literally is that he wont succeed with this weight on his shoulders! Nobody will change that apart from him, the fans wont change, the way england is managed evidently wont change, not in the near future anyway. He physically cant block it out hes too sensitve. Maybe he will mature and stop caring what people say, maybe he wont.

He's played one bad game in five and the world is falling apart. I can't believe half the junk I've read in here. The lad needs a bit of help from his manager, which I'm sure he'll get, then be back on form. All of our other attacking players have blown hot and cold all through their Everton careers, why do we expect Ross to be any different? So many people writing off what is one of our most gifted players, and one who for the first time we don't have to sell and doesn't want to leave. I wonder what difference it would make to Ross if the whole fan base actually got behind him and gave him a break once in a while?

Spot on!

Couldn't have been happier with his response yesterday. I'm loving Koeman's handling of him - criticising him for a performance but then giving him the opportunity to put that right in the next game. Also really liked the way he mentioned after the game that Ross needs to start taking responsibility - it's what I've been wanting to see from Ross for a while now. He's got all the attributes and it'd be such a shame if he wasted them.

The lad ain't the brightest. But you can tell he's got a good heart and he's a proper professional.

If he's looked after then I see a massive future. Keep him away from the sniping media, the England camp etc.

Next can up tell them he's injured. He needs Everton.

i love it when teams do that, a big F you to the national team. great idea.

I get the idea, but I want as many Everton players in the national team as possible. It raises our profile, we need that.

And players want to play international football. If Ross doesn't feel he'll get that at Everton then he will look to leave. I have no love for the international side but it's not about how I (we) feel.

It shouldn't damage them though. If Ross can't handle the criticism from being in the England team then he shouldn't be a footballer and the club need to look after him better. Jags and Baines didn't get damaged by the England team, neither did Stones.

Its not that its, the way the production line of clowns who pass for recent England managers have managed the team.

Didn't damage stones? FFS why do you think he went to city? The national team goons recruited him!!

Because Woy came out and slated Ross in public several times. Then took him to the Euros and played Wiltshire who spent 90% of the campaign out injured. Stones is a different situation, a British ball playing defender with a couple of years experience which is why he became the most expensive defender in the world, lets not forget Chelski were chasing him last season for what £40 million.

Didn't damage stones? FFS why do you think he went to city? The national team goons recruited him!!

Obviously Joe Hart and Raheem Stirling are very influential. Nothing to do with a truck load of cash, the chance to compete at the top of the league and champions league, and certainly not to play under Pep. Nope, just because the big mean City players at England wanted him.

Stones was more damaged at Goodison Park and service stations and away grounds than he ever was on England duty.

Ross and Stones are probably the only players in the England squad to escape criticism over the Euros, Roy not playing him done him a few favours I think.

Edited by StevO