IGNORED

Ross Barkley

If he never had 2 feet, never had a great shot in either foot, never had the ability to run at pace with the ball then I would say a poor brain on top of all that renders him useless.

The fact is that it's only his brain/confidence etc that is the problem. He probably cares too much.

Now.... here's a tweet that some may likeTake a look at @uMAXitFootball's Tweet:

Interesting stats :) Hes got time on his side to develop ,the lad needs to be left alone,If he left for Man Utd or the other team he'd be called every name under the sun :) He's a blue ! and he's already better than your average premiership player in my eyes!!

He was better last night, but there's still something very wrong with him. How do we fix it? What would be best? Dropping him and getting him out of the limelight? Or keep playing him hoping that game time is the way to build him back up?

I'm not even sure dropping him is an option because we have continually failed to sign a creative midfielder to give us that option.

He was better last night, but there's still something very wrong with him. How do we fix it? What would be best? Dropping him and getting him out of the limelight? Or keep playing him hoping that game time is the way to build him back up?

I'm not even sure dropping him is an option because we have continually failed to sign a creative midfielder to give us that option.

I thought he did ok too and put in a good shift, we were poor without him (which was a very strange sub).

Someone just needs to get hold of him and make his mind up for him. Look at Harry Kane, when he gets an opportunity to shoot in the opposition half he takes it on and Ross needs to get that mentality. As soon as he has any space around the box, get the ball out of your feet and hit it. Likewise out wide, get half a yard and whip in a cross.

Gerry is the only player that we have that can come into that position and be creative so he would be the guy I would try if we need to give Ross a break.

I also thought he looked much better last night.

Once he left we field we died.

For all I wandered why Mirralas didn't start....i wandered if he actually came on after that. Very poor and Ross should have stayed on.

He should watch the video of himself running to the byline, using strength to stay up and cutting the ball back to earn a corner.

That's what we want to see, the driving aggressive Barkley that plays of pure instinct.

I thought he did ok too and put in a good shift, we were poor without him (which was a very strange sub).

Someone just needs to get hold of him and make his mind up for him. Look at Harry Kane, when he gets an opportunity to shoot in the opposition half he takes it on and Ross needs to get that mentality. As soon as he has any space around the box, get the ball out of your feet and hit it. Likewise out wide, get half a yard and whip in a cross.

Gerry is the only player that we have that can come into that position and be creative so he would be the guy I would try if we need to give Ross a break.

Harry Kane is pretty much the opposite of Ross Barkley. Shouldn't be that good but has the brain of a footballing god. Ross should be incredible but has no idea what he's doing.

He needs coaching. Three years of doing what he wants has been terrible for him. Two or three games on the bench without any pressure and some serious coaching on what to do in these situations where he doesn't do enough.

I've been banging on for a while now saying that he needs the mentor that Gerrard had in Gary mcallister. Gerrard was a Hollywood ball player every opportunity and it impacted his game. Mcallister coached him.

What a stupid fucking article. It's this type of bullshit that keeps people agitated over Barkley and abusing him while he's out there. It's this type of bullshit that his family no doubt reads. This shit gets back to him, no doubt.

The only reason for writing this article was to defend the reporter's own laziness when it comes to searching for new stories. Case in point: "Koeman might not like the constant barrage of Barkley questions that are coming his way but they will continue to do so unless answers are produced on the pitch rather than from the Dutchmans mouth."

In other words, "I'm going to keep writing this story until you start giving in or something better comes along."

I've said it before, he just needs leaving alone. He's 22 ffs, 5 years off being in his prime. If he needs dropping, drop him, but the fans need to get off the kids back, otherwise he won't be an Everton player in five years. If fans keep destroying our own top youth prospects like they do, we're destined to stay also rans.

I've said it before, he just needs leaving alone. He's 22 ffs, 5 years off being in his prime. If he needs dropping, drop him, but the fans need to get off the kids back, otherwise he won't be an Everton player in five years. If fans keep destroying our own top youth prospects like they do, we're destined to stay also rans.

Good words. He is the only player we have who is acknowledged as being given a tough time by the fans.

The lad has plenty of time to "come good" or get to the sort of level most want and expect him to, I do think he's been massively miss managed along the way and I do think Koeman will be the right kind of manager to get him to where he needs to be in time

It's not a realistic expectation tho, it misunderstands that every player is different and matures differently. Some players are geniuses at 18 then fade (Fowler, Owen, Woodgate), others emerge much later (Les Ferdinand, Vardy). Are we really suggesting that Barkley has had enough time to 'come good', and we're getting to the point of saying he isn't good enough? Fans who give him shit don't understand football as far as I'm concerned, he's basically being pulled apart for not being the best player in the league, he needs wholehearted support not the gobshite garbage getting hurled at him. He has better stats for his age than Scholes ffs, what do people want??

It's not a realistic expectation tho, it misunderstands that every player is different and matures differently. Some players are geniuses at 18 then fade (Fowler, Owen, Woodgate), others emerge much later (Les Ferdinand, Vardy). Are we really suggesting that Barkley has had enough time to 'come good', and we're getting to the point of saying he isn't good enough? Fans who give him shit don't understand football as far as I'm concerned, he's basically being pulled apart for not being the best player in the league, he needs wholehearted support not the gobshite garbage getting hurled at him. He has better stats for his age than Scholes ffs, what do people want??

I think it's more the frustration that if his brain where half his talent he'd have double their stats and score/assist every game

Exactly. We're lashing out at him for not being the best player in the league. It's irrational.

I see your point, however I see the point the others are making that his mistakes are very very poor ones and the same ones over and over again. Needs to enjoy his football in which he needs the fans to get off his back and let him do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Why even be bothered that his price has gone down? If any team were willing to pay £50m for him then it's because he's a very talented player. The club are not interested in selling him.

Koeman will have him at his best soon enough. A bit of time on the side will do him good.

The problem with Barkley is I believe the same problem as Everton has had for a couple of years and has still not been sorted. He needs another very good experienced attacking midfielder signed. Which other player has he got to learn from? How can he be trained for that position if he is the only real player for that position? Other players who have done the job in the same position are just as, if not more, important to the training than the coaches.

Maybe if we had an ex-star coaching him (like Berkamp, or an realistic Arteta to coach) then maybe he can learn from an expert, but at the moment, we do not have an expert in that position in the squad or the coaching staff.

We need to get him that mentor, or, let him go to a city or utd who has these players, otherwise he will never fulfil his potential.

Edited by markiediow