• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

He got it spot on last night.

Amazing the way the players play when Goodison isn't like a morgue!!

Not saying that's to blame for the slump but our home support is fucking shocking and doesn't help one iota.

It's a two-way thing, Pad. It's hard to get behind insipid football. It's no coincidence the crowd came alive after McCarthy's crunching challenge, the players then fed off it and the crowd, in turn, fed off the players and it just escalated from there. We need each other.

On another note - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38310889

I love his bluntness and his obvious dislike of Wenger.

It's a two-way thing, Pad. It's hard to get behind insipid football. It's no coincidence the crowd came alive after McCarthy's crunching challenge, the players then fed off it and the crowd, in turn, fed off the players and it just escalated from there. We need each other.

On another note - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38310889

I love his bluntness and his obvious dislike of Wenger.

Well done Ronald. Wenger is an arrogant prick.

Koeman was asked about the young lad promoted to the starting eleven for saints when they easily turned us over about a month or so ago and was very dismissive about being asked about his former job and what he thought when in charge there.

But, hes steered us to beating Arsenal last night and suddenly hes won his last three home games against them (blah blah the referee...)

So Mr Koeman, which is it? Happy to discuss the players and form of southampton whilst you were manager now as everton boss or is it just when your off the back of a massive pressure relieving win aginst whomever.

I have been told repeatedly that apparently clown-shoes wasn't booted out of the door earlier because he was supposedly a likeable chap, respectful and a good communicator with the media which is an appealing characteristic to some of the support.

Where do the support stand regards Koeman's attitude and approach to the media and his interviews on the club/job after 16 league games of his first campaign for us?

Koeman was asked about the young lad promoted to the starting eleven for saints when they easily turned us over about a month or so ago and was very dismissive about being asked about his former job and what he thought when in charge there.

But, hes steered us to beating Arsenal last night and suddenly hes won his last three home games against them (blah blah the referee...)

So Mr Koeman, which is it? Happy to discuss the players and form of southampton whilst you were manager now as everton boss or is it just when your off the back of a massive pressure relieving win aginst whomever.

I have been told repeatedly that apparently clown-shoes wasn't booted out of the door earlier because he was supposedly a likeable chap, respectful and a good communicator with the media which is an appealing characteristic to some of the support.

Where do the support stand regards Koeman's attitude and approach to the media and his interviews on the club/job after 16 league games of his first campaign for us?

mate we get you don't like Koeman, give him more than 6 months on the job, end of next campaign you can break out the pitchforks but at least give the man 2 campaigns. fickle.

Looking back at it it definitely was a a corner anyway.

Back on Koeman I liked the way he "headed" both the goals in Joe Royle '95 cup final style :P.

Really? I thought it definitely came off Calvert-Lewin's shoulder myself. Shows how difficult the decision was to make though, so Wenger needs to wind his neck in.

mate we get you don't like Koeman, give him more than 6 months on the job, end of next campaign you can break out the pitchforks but at least give the man 2 campaigns. fickle.

Actually, I don't mind him so far, simply expect more thought to go into his media duties before he opens his yap and either makes a fool of himself, us, or contradicts a previous statement.

Happy to give him plenty of time, as Evertonians we manufacture patience as we've had too, simply put I was dead against clown-shoes and would have put anyone in to get rid of the fool, so acquiring Koeman has been a significant step back towards being a decent side again.

That aside, has his stubborn tactic and selections been a concern? they have to me as its been all too reminiscent of coco and the spiral of foolishness he unleashed upon our club.

Still think he's a prick wouldn't give him any credit what so ever for that win, it was all down to the players who were shown the way by McCarthys dogs of war display the same McCarthy that about 70-80% of people were saying was shite and should be ousted in January.

Was it the same James mccarthy? Or was he someone who resembled him who had seemingly lost all ability to run and do the things that made him so good in the fist 18 months?

Personally I will wait and see how he holds up and continues to play before I say "he's back". If he is then we will save millions as he was awesome for us.

Looking back at it it definitely was a a corner anyway.

Back on Koeman I liked the way he "headed" both the goals in Joe Royle '95 cup final style :P.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/14/pep-guardiola-ronald-koeman-manchester-city-everton-full-english

Maybe Koeman should ask Royale for some tips on playing the English way.

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

Still think he's a prick wouldn't give him any credit what so ever for that win, it was all down to the players who were shown the way by McCarthys dogs of war display the same McCarthy that about 70-80% of people were saying was shite and should be ousted in January.

I'd credit Mccarthy over the manager too.

But that's the style the manager wants us to play, which is a complete reverse from Martinez really. I'm skeptical over Koeman, but he has pedigree. Maybe that's the performance we've needed for the players to buy in and realise that level of desire & intensity will be rewarded with results. Whatever the case it needs to be the benchmark for here on.

To say Koeman was brave because of the 4 changes he made from the Watford game is probably the worst piece of sports journalism I've read this season.

1) People on TT have been saying for weeks that he needed to start with Valencia after his cameo roles when coming off the bench, it didn't take a genius to see that he was turning games around, but Koeman couldn't see it.

2) Jags for Mori is that really inspired management, not really either would have been as capable in that game due to the midfield putting a shift in, and giving the defence some respite, Jags struggles along with the rest of the defence when they are constantly under pressure for most of the game.

3) The inclusion of Barkley, he shouldn't have been out the team in the first place, I don't think there would be many managers who would leave a talent like Barkley out there team, I know we haven't seen him at his best in recent months, but I put a lot of the blame for that with Koeman he has completely taken away his confidence, by firstly criticising him in public, and stifling his freedom to express his talent by playing him in positions were he becomes in affective, and in some ways coaching the creativity out of him, by wanting to change him instead of working with what he's got.

4) Playing McCarthy in probably the only position we know he is capable of playing in, again is that brave management don't think so, play McCarthy in that role and that is what you get from him, stick him in midfield as your playmaker and he becomes a passenger, still cannot believe that Koeman thought he could play that role, that is inept management at its worst, which then created the hysteria we witnessed of people flagging of McCarthy and demanding he goes in January, when really it was Koeman who fucked up by dropping Barkley and expecting McCarthy to play that role, it isn't McCarthy who has taken Barry's position once fit for me he was always going to be an automatic choice, unfortunately it was Gana who has come into the team and played Barry out, love Barry but at his age it was always going to happen sooner rather than later.

5) Playing Lennon instead of Delli or Mirallas was about the only brave or inspired decision he, that did pay off for me, but based on everything else he's done was that more luck than judgment.

To summarise Koeman for me is not a brave insightful manager who knows what he's doing far from it, it has taken him months to realise the things that people have been shouting for for a long time.

God help us with this man.

To say Koeman was brave because of the 4 changes he made from the Watford game is probably the worst piece of sports journalism I've read this season.

1) People on TT have been saying for weeks that he needed to start with Valencia after his cameo roles when coming off the bench, it didn't take a genius to see that he was turning games around, but Koeman couldn't see it.

2) Jags for Mori is that really inspired management, not really either would have been as capable in that game due to the midfield putting a shift in, and giving the defence some respite, Jags struggles along with the rest of the defence when they are constantly under pressure for most of the game.

3) The inclusion of Barkley, he shouldn't have been out the team in the first place, I don't think there would be many managers who would leave a talent like Barkley out there team, I know we haven't seen him at his best in recent months, but I put a lot of the blame for that with Koeman he has completely taken away his confidence, by firstly criticising him in public, and stifling his freedom to express his talent by playing him in positions were he becomes in affective, and in some ways coaching the creativity out of him, by wanting to change him instead of working with what he's got.

4) Playing McCarthy in probably the only position we know he is capable of playing in, again is that brave management don't think so, play McCarthy in that role and that is what you get from him, stick him in midfield as your playmaker and he becomes a passenger, still cannot believe that Koeman thought he could play that role, that is inept management at its worst, which then created the hysteria we witnessed of people flagging of McCarthy and demanding he goes in January, when really it was Koeman who fucked up by dropping Barkley and expecting McCarthy to play that role, it isn't McCarthy who has taken Barry's position once fit for me he was always going to be an automatic choice, unfortunately it was Gana who has come into the team and played Barry out, love Barry but at his age it was always going to happen sooner rather than later.

5) Playing Lennon instead of Delli or Mirallas was about the only brave or inspired decision he, that did pay off for me, but based on everything else he's done was that more luck than judgment.

To summarise Koeman for me is not a brave insightful manager who knows what he's doing far from it, it has taken him months to realise the things that people have been shouting for for a long time.

God help us with this man.

What a ridiculous post.

Valencia hasnt been fully fit to start games until now, i think he has even confirmed that.

Barkley certainly deserved to be dropped and if that display is anything to go off it seemed to be the kick up the arse he needed.

McCarthy is only just fully fit too. the McCarthy we seen the other night hasnt been seen for 2 years now.

Some people will find fault in anything.

And some people believe everything Koeman says.

Rubbish what you said about Valencia.

So your saying he was right to play McCarthy against Watford as the number 10.

And Barkley deserves to be dropped when the whole team are playing shit, and he's being made to play in away that doesn't suit his talent.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate.

And some people believe everything Koeman says.

Rubbish what you said about Valencia.

So your saying he was right to play McCarthy against Watford as the number 10.

And Barkley deserves to be dropped when the whole team are playing shit, and he's being made to play in away that doesn't suit his talent.

Wake up and smell the coffee mate.

I dont beleive everything Koeman says i just think he deserves time and credit when due. he is changin the way we play and a bad patch was bound to happen.

Maybe he took Barkley out to help him. He was playing poor and so was the team, maybe he needed to be taken out. a kick up the arse helped.

Rubbish what you said about Valencia- how?

McCarthy at no10 didnt work that was plain to see.

The Watford game proved Barkley wasn't at fault for the way we have been playing, possibly most fans would agree that that was the worst Everton performance they've witnessed in 15 or more years, Koeman didn't drop Barkley to teach him a lesson he dropped him because for some reason only he could come up with, is McCarthy could do better job in that position than Barkley, he has quickly realised that he's made another monumental fuck up in picking a team.

Can you show any evidence that Valencia has not been match fit for let's say the last 10 games, I've looked but can't find anything you are referring to, unless it was August or early September maybe, he has trained like the rest of the team twice a day five days a week, and if a manager thought a player wasn't fit he would stick him in as many reserve games as possible to get his match fitness up.

He hasn't played him because he didn't rate him simple as that even when he was getting his cameo appearances the supporters could see he was making a difference but Koeman couldn't.