IGNORED

January 2017

Romey 1878

I think we need to gid rid of some off the wage bill tbh. Just a hunch like but we have some utter shite on 50k plus a week who probably wont kick a ball competitively for us ever again.

It's all well and good having money to buy players but the wage budget must come into play.

I think you are right. Schneiderlin signed instantly once the Niasse loan was agreed.

Depay will be on £100k per week.

I think you are right. Schneiderlin signed instantly once the Niasse loan was agreed.

Depay will be on £100k per week.

Exactly, the players we are bringing in now are going to be on, or close to 3 figures wage wise. We have the likes of Niasse, Gibson, Mcgeady, Cleverley, Kone to name but 5 who are probably on 50k each a week or there abouts.

That's 200k a week. If you add 3 players on 100k that 500k a week in wagers and 5 of those aren't contributing.

I've not explained this very well but you get the point - hopefully ?

Exactly, the players we are bringing in now are going to be on, or close to 3 figures wage wise. We have the likes of Niasse, Gibson, Mcgeady, Cleverley, Kone to name but 5 who are probably on 50k each a week or there abouts.

That's 200k a week. If you add 3 players on 100k that 500k a week in wagers and 5 of those aren't contributing.

I've not explained this very well but you get the point - hopefully

Ha i know what you mean. Geri is probably one of those too, be interesting to see if he goes do we sign someone the next day. that will probably prove the point.

Interesting with Depay that our interest has gone, epecially with Koeman saying he wanted him months ago.

It's all gone very quiet on the incomings front. Don't know whether to take that as a good sign or a bad sign.

Gut says bad. Think we were looking at options and they've just not come to fruition. There is still time however but January is notoriously difficult to get player deals over the line.

Looking like it'll be deadline day if we do any more business, which is a little disappointing IMO.

I'm not bothered to be honest, purely because I never want too much change too quickly. 1 solid signing in Schneiderlin, 1 promising striker and some of the non-playing staff have moved on. That's already a big improvement and, more importantly, a big change to the day to day life at FF. It'd be nice to get a "super star" signing but I think we're in good stead at the moment

Out:- Niasse, Cleverley, Kone (fingers crossed)

In:- Schneiderlin, Lookman, Tom Davies - lets face it he's like a new signing

We need another striker - DCL is out, Lookman is a kid, Lukaku needs competition/support.

If we lose James Mccarthy I would like the money to be spent on a wide player/number 10... options in Midfield are:- Barry, Schneiderlin, Davies, Barkley and Besic should be back before long.

So yes - for me we need a striker in the form of a target man - link player. Plus more wide creativity as Gerry looks like he could be off, Lennon is more a defensive winger, Mirallas hopefully will hit form but is too hot and cold.

15:43

KOEMAN ON TRANSFERS

Everton boss Ronald Koeman, who has already signed Morgan Schneiderlin, has arrived for his press conference and has been talking about the transfer window.

"I hope for more players coming in," said Koeman.

"We are working hard to make the team stronger. But we are looking for quality, not just numbers.

"The relationship with Steve Walsh is good. We talk daily about players and about scouting."

KOEMAN ON TRANSFERS

Everton boss Ronald Koeman, who has already signed Morgan Schneiderlin, has arrived for his press conference and has been talking about the transfer window.

"We are working hard to make the team stronger. But we are looking for quality, not just numbers.

"The relationship with Steve Walsh is good. We talk daily about players and about scouting."

good I'm glad he's publicly saying I want more, now Walsh just needs to deliver on that.

KOEMAN ON TRANSFERS

It's almost like Walsh works for him....

Walsh, come up with options and I'll pick who I want, not you! Surprising isn't it?

You come up with the goods or your place is under pressure.

That's the attitude for the 11 on the pitch, it's the attitude towards those in the office doing the business to secure that 11 on the pitch.

Hats off for securing deals taking players not being played off to places they'll get games too.